Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

58 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Wes is going to charge what they want for their records

You’re welcome to buy from him, or to ignore him.  But pages of lashings (while deserved) is a little overboard. 

PLEASE :bibliahh: but I’ll keep it cute :gaynetcat3:

10 minutes ago, Joyride said:

to be quite honest he is the complete opposite of the peeps that use this thread, like myself.

like during RSD, we had so many members offering us to go and help us buy those records, some even asked if they wanted us to go DAYS after to make sure we indeed got the things we wanted. this little community is about letting each other know when the records pop up, where to buy them cheaper, or about seeing a record being up sale and they have the decency of actually letting the others if they are up so they don’t miss it.

So Welsey or whatever his name is coming here trying to justify its actions doesn’t really sit well with anyone really.

He’s welcome to sell his records elsewhere. This is vinyl talk, not vinyl listings, after all.

:fan:

6 minutes ago, period sis said:

Imagine the kids that could've loved a copy of orange HH of their own but couldn't because someone had to take everything just for the sole purpose of reselling it :deadbanana4:

!!

-

I just scored a copy of the OG pink Joanne for a pretty decent price, but when will I be free from the chains of vinyl collecting? :jonny2: 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

So should you continue to make up lies to justify flipping? No one personally asked you to do all of that for the sole purpose of flipping all those records that you took out of actual fans hands.

You can’t seem to comprehend what myself or anyone else is saying, so let me break it down for you in the simplest of ways:

If I were planning on going to a pop up shop, I’d already accept the fact that I would be waiting in line. I would also know that there were others there waiting to buy similar items as myself, so I wouldn’t buy 16 ******* copies of a limited vinyl just to resell when I know it’s extremely limited. Furthermore, if I personally knew of people (like the many posters in this thread) that wanted a copy I would grab extras for them or ask ahead of time (like I’ve done many times) and charge them what was paid + shipment.

Don’t sit up here, continuously lie, and make up every excuse in the book for and just be honest with us and yourself.

beyonce-any-questions.gif

The vinyl is not sold out. If anyone wanted to buy a copy, they still can for the next 45 minutes it’s open. 

I’m doing people a favor, and charging for the convenience and time and money spent for going. 

Do you tip and pay the service fees for your favorite delivery apps?

23 hours ago, Joyride said:

I was so right when I called you a whale years ago

omfg djksnwgsjwhdj

8 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

The vinyl is not sold out. If anyone wanted to buy a copy, they still can for the next 45 minutes it’s open. 

I’m doing people a favor, and charging for the convenience and time and money spent for going. 

Do you tip and pay the service fees for your favorite delivery apps?

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

So should you continue to make up lies to justify flipping? No one personally asked you to do all of that for the sole purpose of flipping all those records that you took out of actual fans hands.

You can’t seem to comprehend what myself or anyone else is saying, so let me break it down for you in the simplest of ways:

If I were planning on going to a pop up shop, I’d already accept the fact that I would be waiting in line. I would also know that there were others there waiting to buy similar items as myself, so I wouldn’t buy 16 ******* copies of a limited vinyl just to resell when I know it’s extremely limited. Furthermore, if I personally knew of people (like the many posters in this thread) that wanted a copy I would grab extras for them or ask ahead of time (like I’ve done many times) and charge them what was paid + shipment.

Don’t sit up here, continuously lie, and make up every excuse in the book for and just be honest with us and yourself.

beyonce-any-questions.gif

And we love you for this :heart:

I will never forget when you offered to send me a copy of Whitney’s GH that you found at your local Walmart :loki:

Edited by Sergi91
Anecdote

23 minutes ago, Joyride said:

manifesting a miracle, I need these on vinyl:

1200x1200bf-60.jpgThe_Saturdays_Wordshaker_(Album_Cover).j

:jonny:

I would kill for Headlines on vinyl.

24 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

And we love you for this :heart:

I will never forget when you offered to send me a copy of Whitney’s GH that you found at your local Walmart :loki:

Edited by Kings.

2 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

So I should charge $50? Meaning the gas, hours of waiting in line and in the store, etc. is all for free? 

So you’re admiting you went there and did “all that” to buy the copies to resell. :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, period sis said:

Imagine the kids that could've loved a copy of orange HH of their own but couldn't because someone had to take everything just for the sole purpose of reselling it :deadbanana4:

Harry’s House quickly became Harry’s Burglary :frown:

53 minutes ago, Joyride said:

manifesting a miracle, I need these on vinyl:

1200x1200bf-60.jpgThe_Saturdays_Wordshaker_(Album_Cover).j

Pls. On Your Radar too, All Fired Up is a bop :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

So many things I want to say but it's best to keep it to myself

vJpHgzu.gif

Please say it, any scalper deserves the lashings

vJpHgzu.gif

My BTW 10th Anniversary sounds flawless, and the jacket sleeve is mint, BUT one of the inner sleeves has a HUGE seem split, i'll have to keep it, since it would be too expensive to return it and getting a new one imported to my jungle

vJpHgzu.gif

10 minutes ago, Flavs97 said:

Pls. On Your Radar too, All Fired Up is a bop :jonny5:

they have WAY too many options to actually do a repress of their discography. even small batched would work because their fan base ended up very niche/small, and these records are like my damn childhood.

like, they could do some sort of rainbow splatter for Headlines, opaque rainbow splatter for Wordshaker, picture discs for On Your Radar and platinum for Living for the Weekend and glow in the dark for Chasing Lights. there are so many options :jonny2:

by the way I've been wanting to ask this - out of your recent purchases, are there any sleeves you believe get damaged easily? as in random indents or ringwear?

I've received a few very flimsy jackets these past two years and they kind of look like... very used.

20 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

So you’re admiting you went there and did “all that” to buy the copies to resell. :bibliahh:

Harry’s House quickly became Harry’s Burglary :frown:

Yes, to help people who couldn’t go. 

Just now, wesleywalrus said:

Yes, to help people who couldn’t go. 

and you're charging triple its price to help them? very charitable

why do I read like resume for employment & not vinyl topic  :deadbanana4:

vJpHgzu.gif

we haven't been able to get Sugababes & Girls Aloud vinyl for many years, let alone The Saturdays :rip:

23 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

why do I read like resume for employment & not vinyl topic  :deadbanana4:

vJpHgzu.gif

we haven't been able to get Sugababes & Girls Aloud vinyl for many years, let alone The Saturdays :rip:

We can only hope NAD have plans to press some of these groups this year.

nad22-logo-rgb-purple-circle-with-theme-box.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=540&rnd=132932118960000000

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

So many things I want to say but it's best to keep it to myself

vJpHgzu.gif

Put it in a spoiler tag :eli:

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

My BTW 10th Anniversary sounds flawless, and the jacket sleeve is mint, BUT one of the inner sleeves has a HUGE seem split, i'll have to keep it, since it would be too expensive to return it and getting a new one imported to my jungle

vJpHgzu.gif

If there’s one pressing of an album I’m glad that I waited to purchase, it’s Born This Way 10th Anniversary! They put great care into it.

58 minutes ago, Joyride said:

by the way I've been wanting to ask this - out of your recent purchases, are there any sleeves you believe get damaged easily? as in random indents or ringwear?

I've received a few very flimsy jackets these past two years and they kind of look like... very used.

The only one that’s coming to mind is Mariah’s #1’s. Also most of the single sleeved records I own seem to be made on cheap materials :toofunny3:

22 hours ago, EriKills said:

I sent them a help request a cpl weeks ago through their website and they paid me DUST, I actually called my credit card company today to do a chargeback :weeps: 

@Kiel D-01 update on the N/A green Future Nostalgia :'(

i did end up ordering the blue Argentina one and it’s cute. (Tho I prefer the translucent blue one from urban outfitters tbh….)

Ugh! It was worth a try I suppose. Thanks for the help! I guess I’ll go straight to my bank as well.

Are you gonna be keeping an eye on any listings for the green or have you decided you won’t be getting it?

I can’t believe how expensive it is already lmao

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, khalyan said:

Wes is going to charge what they want for their records

You’re welcome to buy from him, or to ignore him.  But pages of lashings (while deserved) is a little overboard. 

echoing. you're giving this loser exactly what they want responding to them

16 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

Ugh! It was worth a try I suppose. Thanks for the help! I guess I’ll go straight to my bank as well.

Are you gonna be keeping an eye on any listings for the green or have you decided you won’t be getting it?

I can’t believe how expensive it is already lmao

Ugh yes the resells are way too expensive!!! I already have plenty variants of this album (the translucent blue, the Argentina blue, the yellow box set, club future nostalgia, moonlight edition), if I’m gonna spend $100+ on yet another variant I’d rather buy the French pink edition tbh :skull: the translucent green is really cute but translucent blue/yellow/pink >>>> 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.