Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

the clockings in here :bibliahh:

how is it not threadbanned yet ddd

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Florence's store telling me to reach out again in three weeks about my stalled/missing boxset...

Their depop store... At least he was giving y'all a discount. :skull:

Not the bootleg Vinceron in here. A kii that keeps on kii'ng :deadbanana2:

Do you recommend VMP subscription ? cause I live in Italy idk if on top of the high cost of the subscription I also have to pay import taxes :monkey:

18 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

We need more Spanish vinyls :coffee2:

I pray everyday for Natalia Oreiro discography  :jonnycat:

TuVenenoalbumcover.jpg

Turmalinaalbumcover.jpg

400x400cc.jpg

Edited by JoAddams

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

I'm screaming at everyone getting in line to drag that user. 

anime-girl.gif

this

3 hours ago, KK_Lover said:

Do you recommend VMP subscription ? cause I live in Italy idk if on top of the high cost of the subscription I also have to pay import taxes :monkey:

I mean, they have gorgeous pressings but most are available on standard pressings for half the price. I'm German and the taxes and the subscription model is what keeps me from using them.

If you have the money to spend without having to count your coins at the end of the month then go for it. If no, it's not worth it.

I fear it will only get worse with them when they open their own pressing plants. They should plan on getting a warehouse in Europe to reach more customers (like us)

14 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I mean, they have gorgeous pressings but most are available on standard pressings for half the price. I'm German and the taxes and the subscription model is what keeps me from using them.

If you have the money to spend without having to count your coins at the end of the month then go for it. If no, it's not worth it.

I fear it will only get worse with them when they open their own pressing plants. They should plan on getting a warehouse in Europe to reach more customers (like us)

yup i thought so it's way too expensive to keep paying for their subscriptions + the taxes :chick3:

2 hours ago, KK_Lover said:

I def highly recommend!! I had a subscription for 2 months, to get the Aaliyah record, I also ordered a few other records (Future - Honest, Usher - Confessions, Grimes - Visions, Lil Uzi Vert vs the World, Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon). 

the records are all high quality, all gatefold, the vinyls themselves are all gorgeous. Great customer service (the Usher vinyl had a damaged jacket and they sent out a replacement jacket without any fuss). 

there’s usually videos on their website of their vinyls to get an idea of what it’ll look like, tbh if I could I would get all my faves pressings from them nnn. 

it is expensive so I would just get all the vinyls you want in one order…

4 minutes ago, EriKills said:

I def highly recommend!! I had a subscription for 2 months, to get the Aaliyah record, I also ordered a few other records (Future - Honest, Usher - Confessions, Grimes - Visions, Lil Uzi Vert vs the World, Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon). 

the records are all high quality, all gatefold, the vinyls themselves are all gorgeous. Great customer service (the Usher vinyl had a damaged jacket and they sent out a replacement jacket without any fuss). 

there’s usually videos on their website of their vinyls to get an idea of what it’ll look like, tbh if I could I would get all my faves pressings from them nnn. 

it is expensive so I would just get all the vinyls you want in one order…

yup that for sure, thanks for the advise 

14 hours ago, Kings. said:

And the fact that you had the NERVE to LIE and claim that you were only selling off your collection (and tried to justify the insanely high resell price points) because you had lost your job during the height of the pandemic, only to turn around and continue to not only buy more vinyl, but a ton of signed merch too :rip: You’re a menace. If you’re gonna be a scalper at least be honest about it  :toofunny3:

Drag ha!!

5 hours ago, Attitude said:

Nnn, is it that bad? :skull:

I hate f*cking scalpers!!

Any word on Crash Deluxe? I’m holding off buying the original in case Charli releases the deluxe on vinyl. 

4 hours ago, KK_Lover said:

yup i thought so it's way too expensive to keep paying for their subscriptions + the taxes :chick3:

I’ve ordered from them twice, once when a vinyl was available without subscription and once I subscribed for one month and cancelled afterwards. I live in Germany and didn’t have to pay import taxes on either of the orders.. so I think it’s worth to subscribe and cancel before the plan renews when they have an album / a pressing you really want. 

Edited by Dmnkklbrt

2 minutes ago, beans said:

Any word on Crash Deluxe? I’m holding off buying the original in case Charli releases the deluxe on vinyl. 

Doubt it’s coming in all honesty

10 hours ago, Attitude said:

Right. I personally don’t think $150 is a bad deal. 

I drove there, waited in line, went through the whole store and bought them. I’m essentially your personal shopper.

It’s certainly better, cheaper and easier than buying a plane, train or bus ticket from your city and doing it yourself. 

20 hours ago, period sis said:

my Spanish albums on vinyl wishlist: *not including ones that were just posted ^^*

Belinda_Carpe_Diem.jpg 

:jonny4: Need!

If Carpe Diem & Catarsis were to ever drop on vinyl :jonny2:

My Ariana sweetener replacement literally has paper bits embedded in the grooves. They’re the worst ever. :sleep:

2 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

Right. I personally don’t think $150 is a bad deal. 

I drove there, waited in line, went through the whole store and bought them. I’m essentially your personal shopper.

It’s certainly better, cheaper and easier than buying a plane, train or bus ticket from your city and doing it yourself. 

You’re very sad. If you were anyones “personal shopper” you would’ve purchased them, sold them for what they retailed for and charge them shipping.

Confused Out Of Your Mind GIF by HBO Max
Edited by Kings.

53 minutes ago, Kings. said:

You’re very sad. If you were anyones “personal shopper” you would’ve purchased them, sold them for what they retailed for and charge them shipping.

Confused Out Of Your Mind GIF by HBO Max

So I should charge $50? Meaning the gas, hours of waiting in line and in the store, etc. is all for free? 

9 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

So I should charge $50? Meaning the gas, hours of waiting in line and in the store, etc. is all for free? 

So should you continue to make up lies to justify flipping? No one personally asked you to do all of that for the sole purpose of flipping all those records that you took out of actual fans hands.

You can’t seem to comprehend what myself or anyone else is saying, so let me break it down for you in the simplest of ways:

If I were planning on going to a pop up shop, I’d already accept the fact that I would be waiting in line. I would also know that there were others there waiting to buy similar items as myself, so I wouldn’t buy 16 ******* copies of a limited vinyl just to resell when I know it’s extremely limited. Furthermore, if I personally knew of people (like the many posters in this thread) that wanted a copy I would grab extras for them or ask ahead of time (like I’ve done many times) and charge them what was paid + shipment.

Don’t sit up here, continuously lie, and make up every excuse in the book for and just be honest with us and yourself.

beyonce-any-questions.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Wes is going to charge what they want for their records

You’re welcome to buy from him, or to ignore him.  But pages of lashings (while deserved) is a little overboard. 

not the VINYL thread :deadbanana2:

51 minutes ago, Kings. said:

So should you continue to make up lies to justify flipping? No one personally asked you to do all of that for the sole purpose of flipping all those records that you took out of actual fans hands.

You can’t seem to comprehend what myself or anyone else is saying, so let me break it down for you in the simplest of ways:

If I were planning on going to a pop up shop, I’d already accept the fact that I would be waiting in line. I would also know that there were others there waiting to buy similar items as myself, so I wouldn’t buy 16 ******* copies of a limited vinyl just to resell when I know it’s extremely limited. Furthermore, if I personally knew of people (like the many posters in this thread) that wanted a copy I would grab extras for them or ask ahead of time (like I’ve done many times) and charge them what was paid + shipment.

Don’t sit up here, continuously lie, and make up every excuse in the book for and just be honest with us and yourself.

beyonce-any-questions.gif

to be quite honest he is the complete opposite of the peeps that use this thread, like myself.

like during RSD, we had so many members offering us to go and help us buy those records, some even asked if they wanted us to go DAYS after to make sure we indeed got the things we wanted. this little community is about letting each other know when the records pop up, where to buy them cheaper, or about seeing a record being up sale and they have the decency of actually letting the others if they are up so they don’t miss it.

So Welsey or whatever his name is coming here trying to justify its actions doesn’t really sit well with anyone really.

He’s welcome to sell his records elsewhere. This is vinyl talk, not vinyl listings, after all.

Imagine the kids that could've loved a copy of orange HH of their own but couldn't because someone had to take everything just for the sole purpose of reselling it :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.