Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

Of all the sea glass green Harry’s House records I ordered, not ONE came in “perfect” condition :biblionny: the corners are either slightly crushed or there’s a seam split. I’m disgusted, but I’ll deal.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Of all the sea glass green Harry’s House records I ordered, not ONE came in “perfect” condition :biblionny: the corners are either slightly crushed or there’s a seam split. I’m disgusted, but I’ll deal.

USPS, I’m guessing? ******* hate them. I never have issues with FedEx or UPS. I know it’s more of the actual record’s factory condition but I like to blame USPS. 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

14 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

USPS, I’m guessing? ******* hate them. I never have issues with FedEx or UPS. I know it’s more of the actual record’s factory condition but I like to blame USPS. 

UPS actually and tbh I just think it was due to four records laying on top of one another because 2/4 had a tiny seam split and crushed corners. It was packed very tightly too. I’m just glad I got a copy. Now let me figure out what to do with these other copies :cm: 

3 minutes ago, Kings. said:

UPS actually and tbh I just think it was due to four records laying on top of one another because 2/4 had a tiny seam split and crushed corners. It was packed very tightly too. I’m just glad I got a copy. Now let me figure out what to do with these other copies :cm: 

Oh wow! I’m sorry about that. I’ve always had great experiences with the other two. Mostly because my USPS carriers are careless and like to play games ever so often. 

Are you going to try to get the orange one? I’m seriously hoping it’s up on his store soon. It would be a nice sales boost in his second or third week, or even further down the line. 

34 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Oh wow! I’m sorry about that. I’ve always had great experiences with the other two. Mostly because my USPS carriers are careless and like to play games ever so often. 

Are you going to try to get the orange one? I’m seriously hoping it’s up on his store soon. It would be a nice sales boost in his second or third week, or even further down the line. 

I had a friend go to the Chicago pop up shop today, but the manager was being a ***** and kicked him and others out of line :rip: I’m hoping it goes up online, but if not then I’ll likely try to trade one of these spare copies for one.

After sitting in Chicago for over a week my second copy of Magic Still Exists arrived in pristine condition.

I also got my copy of Harry's House from amazon the packaging is beautiful. I'll have to listen to it. 

I got the Target yellow HH and it sounds flawless. I can't believe I paid $33ish for a f*cking ONE LP

Managed to get the orange Harry's House vinyl from the London pop up shop :jonny6:

Does it at least come with some live tracks from her Disney doc :celestial5: I'm tempted with the fruit punch variant but I just bought the Walmart pink.

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Not more Olivia Rodrigo. :skull:

Blame variants collectors, they fell for it and now we live in this hell of 11 different colors with 9 not even fitting the cover/album.

Olivia noooo. My wallet can't take this :jonny5: Although really only the UO exclusive calls to me if it's gonna be the exact tracklist. I already have the walmart pink, target blue, and international light blue pressings 

NOT a rerelease for a one year anniversary :bibliahh: and when she ALREADY has a sooooo many cute variants that actually FIT the color scheme of the album :skull: 

that being said, let me snatch a fruit punch edition :thing:

What she SHOULD’VE DONE was release those live recordings on vinyl + a 12” with the official singles + some demos and/or unreleased songs from the era :toofunny3: I almost caved and got the light blue and baby pink, but I have both of those colors from the OG pressing

We need more Spanish vinyls :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I’d die for Belinda’s discography. :mandown:

29 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Blame variants collectors, they fell for it and now we live in this hell of 11 different colors with 9 not even fitting the cover/album.

I feel like vinyl collecting is promoting a hoarding culture and I'm getting tired of it. I've lost count of how many high schoolers I've seen on TikTok whose shelves are adorned with records they'll never play because they purchase them solely for collecting.

Also, I decided to purchase the Lizzy Grant unofficial record that's been restocked on Rollin' Records. Let's see how this goes. :celestial5:

6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I’d die for Belinda’s discography. :mandown:

I’ll die for Utopia :mandown:

21 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I feel like vinyl collecting is promoting a hoarding culture and I'm getting tired of it. I've lost count of how many high schoolers I've seen on TikTok whose shelves are adorned with records they'll never play because they purchase them solely for collecting.

I'm a firm believer that anyone can do whatever they want with their money but I can speak from experience that 95% of those people will regret it later. It's a waste, not only financially but also environmentally. 

Yes, I'm a hypocrite by saying this while collecting vinyl which is a luxury product and no necessity by any means. It's just frustrating to witness and I think people should be smarter about it. 

43 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I agree! And if they exist they are quite hard to get. I had to pay a lot to get Calambre in Germany while I got Sen Senras (love him) stuff on German Amazon for 20. So random!

Found a great album called "Deja" by Bomba Estéreo from Colombia and it's so hard to find here cause Sony Latin is very US centric. They have Lido Pimienta on there which is a great bonus. Love her! 

We also need represses of Musas by Natalia Lafourcade. They are so expensive and rare.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.