Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

I’m glad we got the MC30 drop when we did. If it would’ve come any later :toofunny3: Adele really did screw a ton of artists over backing up plants and I didn’t wanna believe it, but a good chunk of artists that aren’t even as big as Camila Cabello these days (no shade) have cited her as the reason for their records not coming out on vinyl (at least for the first 8-12 months of the albums release)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Recoredstoreuk charged my credit card omg my Ariana bundles is finally coming :jonny6:

1 hour ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

I just snagged the Say My Name picture disc on eBay for only $37 :alexz:

MjgtMTUzMS5qcGVn.jpeg

wow, congrats sis! :clap3:

I still want it, but I've never seen the decent price :rip:

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

Exactly and I’ve been ordering multiple copies too because sometimes they come damaged, and you can’t exchange a vinyl that’s soldout :gaycat6:

I hate when this happens and i got a damaged vinyl and i get a refund instead of a pristine record 

42 minutes ago, Jotham said:

This.

And I feel like it's so much worse for pop music than other genres. It's so much easier for me to find vinyl records for other genres, whereas it's so difficult for pop music because of how much hoarders and scalpers there are.

That's why im glad i stan mostly flops, it's easier to get the records on retail price.

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

I hate when this happens and i got a damaged vinyl and i get a refund instead of a pristine record 

That's why im glad i stan mostly flops, it's easier to get the records on retail price.

It can be pricey, but you can always send back or resell the extra copies. I don’t wanna make it a habit tho.

My Argentinian pressing of Future Nostalgia arrived- I'm OBSESSED :jonny4: the blue is so pretty in person

wihCQBU.jpg

3 hours ago, Kings. said:

I’m glad we got the MC30 drop when we did. If it would’ve come any later :toofunny3: Adele really did screw a ton of artists over backing up plants and I didn’t wanna believe it, but a good chunk of artists that aren’t even as big as Camila Cabello these days (no shade) have cited her as the reason for their records not coming out on vinyl (at least for the first 8-12 months of the albums release)

I was at Zia Records (an indie record store) today and they had — I’m not even being hyperbolic, and I should’ve taken a picture — an entire stack of 30 vinyl in her section, and it was even lined up on the bottom shelf with at least a dozen more. I don’t know how much they pressed, but I feel like  there’s some merit to @James_Dean’s theory when the allegations began and people were doubting my boo, but not me. :smile:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

My Argentinian pressing of Future Nostalgia arrived- I'm OBSESSED :jonny4: the blue is so pretty in person

wihCQBU.jpg

Gorgeous! I still prefer the hot pink overall, but the fact that this is so exclusive makes it more exciting lol. Congrats! 

11 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

but I feel like  there’s some merit to @James_Dean’s theory when the allegations began and people were doubting my boo, but not me. :smile:

what was his theory?

3 hours ago, Kings. said:

And if the artist manage to release the vinyl on the album release date, the variants are ugly, like grey or brown.

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

It can be pricey, but you can always send back or resell the extra copies. I don’t wanna make it a habit tho.

I'm not from the US, so returning a record is not possible for me :chick3: i can't even sell them, cause my country is filled with reggaeton fans.

1 hour ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I was at Zia Records (an indie record store) today and they had — I’m not even being hyperbolic, and I should’ve taken a picture — an entire stack of 30 vinyl in her section, and it was even lined up on the bottom shelf with at least a dozen more. I don’t know how much they pressed, but I feel like  there’s some merit to @James_Dean’s theory when the allegations began and people were doubting my boo, but not me. :smile:

I believe you. I was at Barnes & Noble maybe two months ago and there was a section just for her album and it was full with copies on the bottom of the already packed display section :rip: *** her label for doing what they did because I know she wouldn’t have actually allowed things to go down the way they did if she was actually informed (which I doubt she was)

Maybe this will be a lesson learned on Columbia’s part to not do this ever again, same goes for other labels/artists :coffee2: 

38 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

And if the artist manage to release the vinyl on the album release date, the variants are ugly, like grey or brown.

I'm not from the US, so returning a record is not possible for me :chick3: i can't even sell them, cause my country is filled with reggaeton fans.

Oh wow :toofunny3:

48 minutes ago, thetea said:

what was his theory?

Basically what @Kings. inferred about Adele potentially clogging up the pressing plants. Then her PR team denied it saying she did it six months ahead, but do PR teams lie? Yes. Either way, she was definitely a big priority and that’s ultimately when the push backs started getting insane with plants being unable to handle pressing albums within a more reasonable amount of time. JD was one of the first to point this out, but then that Billboard  article came out denying it, HOWEVER there’s more Adele vinyl collecting dust on shelves than I see of any other record at most of the stores I visit. Yes, it has sold a lot of copies, but why are the left overs so plentiful? The supply was higher than the demand. 

5 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I believe you. I was at Barnes & Noble maybe two months ago and there was a section just for her album and it was full with copies on the bottom of the already packed display section :rip: *** her label for doing what they did because I know she wouldn’t have actually allowed things to go down the way they did if she was actually informed (which I doubt she was)

Maybe this will be a lesson learned on Columbia’s part to not do this ever again, same goes for other labels/artists :coffee2: 

Oh wow :toofunny3:

Yeah, I don’t blame Adele at all. I doubt she sat down and came up with all the details of the vinyl pressing and how many to press, lol. She barely cares about promotion, why would she care about this? It’s the label’s fault. 

42 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Basically what @Kings. inferred about Adele potentially clogging up the pressing plants. Then her PR team denied it saying she did it six months ahead, but do PR teams lie? Yes. Either way, she was definitely a big priority and that’s ultimately when the push backs started getting insane with plants being unable to handle pressing albums within a more reasonable amount of time. JD was one of the first to point this out, but then that Billboard  article came out denying it, HOWEVER there’s more Adele vinyl collecting dust on shelves than I see of any other record at most of the stores I visit. Yes, it has sold a lot of copies, but why are the left overs so plentiful? The supply was higher than the demand. 

You broke it down perfectly :clap3: 

Has anyone here ever preordered a vinyl then had to change the home address due to moving to a new place/city? I might move around the time the Madonna vinyls drop in August and I’m afraid my order might ship to my old address :dancehall3:

59 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Columbia was definitely expecting 25 numbers. Which is wild because we do not live in that kind of world anymore :rip:

My local Barnes and Noble still has the 30 stand up with the vinyl and CD full of them, its not nobody bought them despite literally being such a huge seller. 

5 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I don’t know how much they pressed, but I feel like  there’s some merit to @James_Dean’s theory when the allegations began and people were doubting my boo, but not me. :smile:

They really tried it with me, but I'm glad someone was paying attention

Tc07VPC.gif

5 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Gorgeous! I still prefer the hot pink overall, but the fact that this is so exclusive makes it more exciting lol. Congrats! 

Thank you bb :heart:

6 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Has anyone here ever preordered a vinyl then had to change the home address due to moving to a new place/city? I might move around the time the Madonna vinyls drop in August and I’m afraid my order might ship to my old address :dancehall3:

Just contact the store & let them know new address (if you are already moving). If vinyl hasn't shipped yet, I don't think it will be a problem for them.

Recordstore let me re-order the Ariana bundle via private link and it's already processed. Now we wait for that UK delivery to the US! Crisis averted.

Records on the way to me:

Lady GaGa - Born This Way 10th anniversary 

Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept 

Florence and the machine - Dance Fever Boxset 

Taylor Swift - reputation 

:jonny5:

is there a specific time we should expect the walmart drop to be tomorrow?

1 hour ago, BreakinTheIce said:

is there a specific time we should expect the walmart drop to be tomorrow?

I’m not sure. But I know Vinceron and his bots know! Stay alert and wish hell on the scalpers that will be digitally camping out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.