Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

50 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Wait... are you scamming or something?

I'm confused

B8669874-9642-4612-85E0-5DCB15EBE2A8.thu

Excuse you? I literally explained why I went through three turntables and you think I’m scamming :psyduck:

6 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Are you even a true vinyl collector if you're not scamming?

xbl4Yg0.gif

!!!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Are you even a true vinyl collector if you're not scamming?

xbl4Yg0.gif

Last night i scammed amazon, making them belive my vinyl was damaged and they fully refunded me and let me keep the record, i felt bad for a couple of hours, but now it's ok 

xbl4Yg0.gif

I got my copy of Dawn FM (collector's edition 1) as well as my copy of The Gods We Can Touch today!

I also still have another copy of Magic Still Exists on its way, Two Signed copies of Sigrid's album(may have accidentally ordered the second copy while high not realizing I already had a signed copy ordered :rip:), I also finally caved and spent some money on a copy of Nikki & the Dove's Everybody's Heart is Broken now, and its on its way as well.

Also I finally got around to taking what I didn't want of my dad's collection to the local record store and got $425 for it. 

4 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I got one, too! Where’s you get yours? I got mine from Acoustic Sounds, but it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m so impatient, it’s only been a few days lol. 

We won! I ordered from Best Buy. I had a $5 rewards thing saved, and it conveniently got me the vinyl a couple dollars below retail :fish1: 

Just now, James_Dean said:

We won! I ordered from Best Buy. I had a $5 rewards thing saved, and it conveniently got me the vinyl a couple dollars below retail :fish1: 

Nice! :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Excuse you? I literally explained why I went through three turntables and you think I’m scamming :psyduck:

I think I understood you only get the turn tables when you want to listen to your records, and then return them when you're done

I'm slow I know

Just now, James_Dean said:

I think I understood you only get the turn tables when you want to listen to your records, and then return them when you're done

I'm slow I know

That is correct. I do scam sometimes though, and that means SOME. TIMES.

xbl4Yg0.gif

My recent scamming:

A***** sent me What's Your Pleasure: PE in a plastic bag, which obvs ****** up the vinyl. They refunded me and let me keep the damaged vinyl since they had no more in stock... I reordered from the A***** Global store, got a mint copy, and sent back the damaged one.

xbl4Yg0.gif

18 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

My recent scamming:

A***** sent me What's Your Pleasure: PE in a plastic bag, which obvs ****** up the vinyl. They refunded me and let me keep the damaged vinyl since they had no more in stock... I reordered from the A***** Global store, got a mint copy, and sent back the damaged one.

xbl4Yg0.gif

Oh I LOVE doing this. I got the same establishment once or twice. I’m still sitting on the r*****s****c* thing too, but it’ll depend on how I’m feeling within the next day or two.

• ATRL Moderator

Please stop admitting to fraud. :flower2:

17 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

ZFXMAXe.jpg

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

My recent scamming:

xbl4Yg0.gif

*screenshots and sends to Amazon*

VLv4k1H.gif

1 minute ago, Rocket said:

*screenshots and sends to Amazon*

VLv4k1H.gif

My asterisks could be anyone

jVlnfwZ.gif

32 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

No. :celestial2:

You guys need to get some manners. :ducky:

4 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

You guys need to get some manners. :ducky:

Manners? :bibliahh:Ok. :wave:

Omg I was trying to remove the tracklist sticker from the plastic wrapping of Dawn FM and I accidentally tore the sticker in half

FEIRKEtXMAEYXpi.jpg

5 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I'm slow I know

It's a weird thing to do, I was confused too :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Kings. said:

Manners? :bibliahh:Ok. :wave:

Yes. You being proud of fraud doesn't paint you to be a very well-mannered person. :ducky:

They're mainly using Harry as clickbait lol but this is a tad concerning :lakitu: it seems like any release that doesn't fit their established tools they already have access to are going to be delayed even longer because of the situation in Ukraine...standard black only for most releases here we come :gaycat6:

Putin’s export ban threatens Harry Styles’ vinyl album release and other music launches

The booming vinyl record business is facing a massive slow down following a spike in the price of raw nickel, which plays a crucial role in the LP manufacturing process, since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Russia exports most of Europe’s nickel. But the price has soared by 250 per cent since March as supplies dwindle. The London Metal Exchange was forced to suspend dealing in the metal when a trading frenzy forced the price to record highs. Acutely aware of the West’s demand for nickel, also an essential element in electric car batteries, President Putin has already banned 200 raw materials Russia from being exported in retaliation for EU oil sanctions. While nickel has been kept off the list – for now – it is taken as implicit that any further deterioration in relations between Russia and the West is likely to see it added.

The vinyl industry needs nickel for electroplating, a process which creates the A and B-side metal stampers for a record when the “master lacquer” is dipped into a nickel bath. Blockbuster new album releases threatened by the shortage include Harry Styles’s Harry’s House, released on May 20 and expected to be the biggest vinyl seller of the year. His record label Sony hopes to press up to 500,000 copies for the global release. LPs by Liam Gallagher and George Ezra could also be affected along with hundreds of limited edition titles, by artists ranging from Stevie Nicks to The Rolling Stones, due to be delivered to independent outlets for Record Store Day on June 18.

The UK ships most of its vinyl from Germany, due to a lack of domestic pressing plants. Speakers Corner Records, a leading German vinyl manufacturer, warned: “Nickel is needed for electroplating and is supplied here in Europe mainly by Russia. On 8 March, nickel prices rose by more than 100% and trading was completely suspended worldwide.” “This means that vinyl pressing plants can no longer process lacquers or produce new pressing tools. In practice this means: no new releases, re-pressings only of existing tools as long as this situation continues.” The company warned customers that “a period of about eight months must be expected between order and delivery from the pressing plant.”

The Wall Street Journal warned of the threat to supplies in an editorial, headlined Russia Can Hold Nickel Hostage. Nickel prices began to soar before the Ukraine invasion. “Uncertainty about sanctions and worries that Russia would block exports drove prices even higher and caused what’s known as a short squeeze,” the paper said. There are concerns that the world’s richest person, Elon Musk, will corner the market in the nickel still available. Traditionally used to make stainless steel, Nickel is a key component in the lithium-ion batteries the Tesla CEO wants to power his electric vehicles. 

However, even before the nickel crisis, a shortage of PVC and products for sleeve production meant that the limited number of operational vinyl presses were already overloaded.

6 hours ago, Jotham said:

Omg I was trying to remove the tracklist sticker from the plastic wrapping of Dawn FM and I accidentally tore the sticker in half

FEIRKEtXMAEYXpi.jpg

I thought it was just the copies I got, but it was quite the task getting them off. The 01 copy came off ok, but I pulled a little too hard towards the end of the 02 copy and half of the adhesive tore :rip:

3 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

Yes. You being proud of fraud doesn't paint you to be a very well-mannered person. :ducky:

Um…ok :lmao: You and the high horse you rode in on can exit to the right.

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

It's a weird thing to do, I was confused too :deadbanana2:

It’s not weird, well not as weird as some of the things you’ve posted on this forum. Anyway if you’re confused next time just speak up, ask and I’ll elaborate for you, ok?! :celestial3:

40 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

They're mainly using Harry as clickbait lol but this is a tad concerning :lakitu: it seems like any release that doesn't fit their established tools they already have access to are going to be delayed even longer because of the situation in Ukraine...standard black only for most releases here we come :gaycat6:

Now here’s a more important topic that we should be focusing on, instead some users are acting as if they're morally better than the next person because they don’t do these corporations dirty like they do us :gaycat5:

Anywho, I feel like this was coming all along as more new releases came out and there weren’t many or any color pressings. However, I do think it’s funny how a ton of albums that were OOS/OOP (Isolation, Hot Pink, SOUR, etc.) have had re-pressings recently and they were all color pressings :matty:

10 minutes ago, Kings. said:

It’s not weird, well not as weird as some of the things you’ve posted on this forum. Anyway if you’re confused next time just speak up, ask and I’ll elaborate for you, ok?! :celestial3:

Let's say it's... unusual. If that makes you feel better :hug:

Not Urban Outfitters having Femme Fatale's vinyl back up for sale and every time you click on it it's "sold out" :clownny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.