Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

Another pointless Madonna release. Nothing new, no remaster, same tired ass silver vinyl, no bonus tracks, no new artwork. The damn announcement was 3 years ago and we still have no proper reissue yet. She hates us. 

• Like 7

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

Another pointless Madonna release. Nothing new, no remaster, same tired ass silver vinyl, no bonus tracks, no new artwork. The damn announcement was 3 years ago and we still have no proper reissue yet. She hates us. 

They could have at least do one of her more harder to find albums like American life or hard candy erotica geez 

• Like 1

I was looking forward to get these promised Madonna reissues because I only own COAD and Celebration but those I won't get. 

I want gatefolds, vault tracks and b-sides, nice colored vinyl, a damn remaster like the Finally enough Love remixes...

It's really not too much to ask in 2024. 

• Like 2

Went thru my vinyls and saw my copy of like a prayer black version I bought years ago is lost 

so now I'm buying the sliver version 🤡🤡🤡🤡 might as well get the one with the poster 🤡🤡🤡

Madonna_LikePrayer_1LP_Silver_ProductShot_720x.jpg?v=1721692719Madonna_LikePrayer_1LP_Silver_ProductShot_Poster_720x.png?v=1721692724

Pre-order it on her official store 

2024 Limited edition 11-track LP pressed on opaque silver vinyl*

Originally released on March 21, 1989, LIKE A PRAYER was an instant classic, hailed by critics and adored by fans. It was Madonna's fourth studio release and one of the most personal albums of her career. The title track became Madonna's seventh No. 1 hit and was recently certified double platinum by the RIAA, while 'Express Yourself' and 'Cherish' both peaked at No. 2. It was Madonna's third consecutive No. 1 album, topping the Billboard 200 for six weeks, her longest stay at No. 1. A massive international success, the album has sold 15 million copies worldwide and remains a favorite among fans.

Orders placed on the Official Madonna Store will receive an exclusive poster featuring Herb Ritts' iconic black-and-white photograph from the album's back cover.

*This item is a pre-order and will ship the week of September 06, 2024.

Everything but the album re-releases i see...but hey...it's something :gaycat2:

so still not the Madonna Versions, bye 

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm good with the originals.

I was annoyed that Warner swapped out the originals for single cuts on the digital "re-release."

• Like 1

Right in time for the Deadpool hype for Like A Prayer, I see you Madge :suburban:

Literally where are the anniversary reissues we were promised years ago...

Hideous colour.

:zzz:

great album but have already seen this edition rightly being dissed in the vinyl thread (grey vinyl is not fun)

28 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Right in time for the Deadpool hype for Like A Prayer, I see you Madge :suburban:

Whoever refused to license the song for the soundtrack deserves to be fired :suburban: (it was probably Madonna herself)

"silver" (in my world grey) are the ugliest versions of colored vinyls they can be

• Like 1

The silver Madonna collection is a real waste of time. It'll be one for the bargain bin in no time and brings down the value of her discography 

• Thanks 1

Where is the remastered version and stuff? :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Literally where are the anniversary reissues we were promised years ago...

We were never promised. We just hoped it meant what we wanted it to be. 

This tweet by Rhino confirms that these represses of vinyls are part of those reissues, add to that digital uploads of singles and exclusive Record Store Days releases, that's pretty much that. There is nothing else coming and fans need to stop with expectations of all of her albums in some kind of 3CDs packages... They are not coming. 

Why would you remind us of this atrocity and disappointment with this useless thread?

Kraftwerk__Musique_Non_Stop_Promo_Video_

I was ready to throw my money at her with those promised re-issues with bonus and ****. This looks like a Walmart exclusive throwaway release. Next!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Lmao the "reissues" are such a disappointment, bye.

Like girl, at least remaster the Rebel Heart demos and upload those.

why is the cover so washed out? "silver" :rip: tragic... not even supernatural...

• Thanks 1

Her team is doing such a bad job… 

15 minutes ago, Lament said:

Her team is doing such a bad job… 

What team? She doesn't have a team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.