Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

When was the last time you changed your record needle?

p3YUKVc.gif

I can't remember nnnn

I would tell you, but the last three turntables I had got returned. I literally only ever buy one when I get a ton of records and wanna play them to make sure they sound good :michael: 

my new needle is about to be a year old in October so I'm good for another year methinks!

B8669874-9642-4612-85E0-5DCB15EBE2A8.thu

My collector's edition of Dawn FM finally arrived! :party: I wish the record was coloured but I love the cover art so much.

• ATRL Moderator

I've had a grado prestiege needle for about 2 years. Might upgrade next year, especially now that I'm using my turntable more and more but I think I'll be okay for a while considering there was a point in time I wasn't using my TT at all 

3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

When was the last time you changed your record needle?

p3YUKVc.gif

I can't remember nnnn

Never. I’ve had mine for two years. :skull: I just clean it weekly. I’m not that concerned because I spent A LOT on my Ortofon blue stylus so that **** better last as long as I want it to. 

Also, i'm really scared that i would screw my turntable changing the needle :chick3: i'm not that much of a handyman, i'm such a damsel in distress when it comes to technical things :dancehall2:

4 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

Also, i'm really scared that i would screw my turntable changing the needle :chick3: i'm not that much of a handyman, i'm such a damsel in distress when it comes to technical things :dancehall2:

Me too! I always order handyman service when I buy something that needs to be put together. And typically guy is usually so hot and muscular, so I’m sitting there staring at him work on MY stuff for an hour. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Jotham said:

My collector's edition of Dawn FM finally arrived! :party: I wish the record was coloured but I love the cover art so much.

Lovely :smitten:  I ordered variant 01- the quality is very nice

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

I would tell you, but the last three turntables I had got returned. I literally only ever buy one when I get a ton of records and wanna play them to make sure they sound good :michael: 

Wait... are you scamming or something?

I'm confused

B8669874-9642-4612-85E0-5DCB15EBE2A8.thu

23 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Me too! I always order handyman service when I buy something that needs to be put together. And typically guy is usually so hot and muscular, so I’m sitting there staring at him work on MY stuff for an hour. :jonny5:

Have you ever :cupid: you know, spin his needle?

On topic: i was crying when my turntable got delivered and i found out that i had to set it up :rip:

3 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

On topic: i was crying when my turntable got delivered and i found out that i had to set it up :rip:

The last one was during the height of the pandemic — he wore a mask but you could see his face on the website — and I was sure he was a hunty. :gaycat1: But chile, the danger in my mind went from potentially needing a penicillin shot, to ending up in the ICU, and the D wasn’t worth it.

OT: That’s why I got myself a U-Turn Orbit custom, they set it up for you. All you do is the basics. :cm:

• ATRL Moderator

Come to think of it I'm pretty sure one of the only drawbacks of U-Turn Orbits is that it's notoriously difficult to change the needle. Eek, a problem for another year day

1 minute ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

The last one was during the height of the pandemic — he wore a mask but you could see his face on the website — and I was sure he was a hunty. :gaycat1: But chile, the danger in my mind went from potentially needing a penicillin shot, to ending up in the ICU, and the D wasn’t worth it.

OT: That’s why I got myself a U-Turn Orbit custom, they set it up for you. All you do is the basics. :cm:

Well, i did :cupid: i hired a handyman to set a tv stand on my wall, and he drilled something more than my room walls :eli:

Back on topic; i found a video that explained step by step how to set it up, and it was actually pretty easy, now i'm gonna get a cleaning kit, for the needle and the records too

12 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

Vinyl Talk: After Dark

zGeWjpJ.gif

5 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Come to think of it I'm pretty sure one of the only drawbacks of U-Turn Orbits is that it's notoriously difficult to change the needle. Eek, a problem for another year day

I don't even own a screwdriver set, so i'm in trouble

Just now, Glamthony said:

Well, i did :cupid: i hired a handyman to set a tv stand on my wall, and he drilled something more than my room walls :eli:

Back on topic; i found a video that explained step by step how to set it up, and it was actually pretty easy, now i'm gonna get a cleaning kit, for the needle and the records too

sara-slut.gif

We’re gonna have to talk about this in full detail… at the appropriate time.  :gaynetcat3:

1 minute ago, James_Dean said:

Vinyl Talk: After Dark

zGeWjpJ.gif

Time to spin Janet and Erotica

zGeWjpJ.gif

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Glamthony said:

I don't even own a screwdriver set, so i'm in trouble

Lettuce pray for a strong handyman to enter our lives :wanda:

1 minute ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

sara-slut.gif

We’re gonna have to talk about this in full detail… at the appropriate time.  :gaynetcat3:

Sure sis, i'm always "open" to talk about it. 

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

Lettuce pray for a strong handyman to enter our lives :wanda:

I'd rather deal with a moment of despair changing the needle than dealing with a man. :gayliecat1:

This might be helpful

• ATRL Moderator

Does anyone here recommend any disc cleaners (like the electric powered ones) in particular? I feel like that would be a worthy investment in the somewhat near future 

I was so happy to snag a copy of Loud during the recent restocks... I was hoping it'd be a pink copy, but apparently they're just black.

Still happy, nonetheless :keir:

Are you even a true vinyl collector if you're not scamming?

xbl4Yg0.gif

5 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I was so happy to snag a copy of Loud during the recent restocks... I was hoping it'd be a pink copy, but apparently they're just black.

Still happy, nonetheless :keir:

I got one, too! Where’s you get yours? I got mine from Acoustic Sounds, but it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m so impatient, it’s only been a few days lol. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.