Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

Tinashe's debut album Aquarius is turning 10 this year, so thought I'd get in early for it with my own custom made 2LP colored vinyl for my personal collection only. :swing:

Fjmebqx.jpeg

More pics in spoiler

zkuEPRs.jpeg

wC1pzUL.jpeg

4fivCI2.jpeg

Edited by Moth 2 The Flame
  • Like 12

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Tinashe's debut album Aquarius is turning 10 this year, so thought I'd get in early for it with my own custom made 2LP colored vinyl for my personal collection only. :swing:

Fjmebqx.jpeg

More pics in spoiler

Hide contents

zkuEPRs.jpeg

wC1pzUL.jpeg

4fivCI2.jpeg

Omg those discs are stunning :allears:

2 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Fjmebqx.jpeg

More pics in spoiler

Hide contents

zkuEPRs.jpeg

wC1pzUL.jpeg

4fivCI2.jpeg

How much was it? 

We did it! :clap3:

Her second time topping the vinyl charts! :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

We did it! :clap3:

Her second time topping the vinyl charts! :heart2:

i love how high quality this pressing is, the clear variant i got, is heavy and sounds great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is way way better 

The UK needs to change their chart rules when it comes to bundles, I am so sick of trying to get signed records just for them to only be available in bundles that include 47 copies of the album. 

On 7/16/2024 at 6:26 PM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Fjmebqx.jpeg

More pics in spoiler

Hide contents

zkuEPRs.jpeg

wC1pzUL.jpeg

4fivCI2.jpeg

this is incredible :jonny: 

On 7/16/2024 at 12:26 PM, Moth 2 The Flame said:

Fjmebqx.jpeg

More pics in spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

zkuEPRs.jpeg

wC1pzUL.jpeg

4fivCI2.jpeg

Are these picture discs? Where did you get it pressed, if not?

Hey all! I just started my vinyl collection and hoping to expand my collection as much as possible.

Currently I own: RENAISSANCE, COWBOY CARTER Official Edition, 'Tell Me' single by Grover Theory, The Velvet Rope Re-Issued and Butterfly 2020 Re-Issue. (Tony I know but we all have to start somewhere.) I just had a few questions for you all if possible: 

1.) What is the best vinyl player in your opinion and why? I'm looking to purchase one within the next 2 months. 

2.) Are there any programs or ways I can download my vinyl to digital? I ask because curtains vinyls have different vocals or the instrumentation of the song is more raw and I maybe would prefer the vinyl version over the general digital copy.

3.) Speakers, what are the best ones as well as headphones. 

Thanks to those who answer and if yall have any other tips or tricks please do not hesitate to give them. :heart:

2 hours ago, mons†er said:

1.) What is the best vinyl player in your opinion and why? I'm looking to purchase one within the next 2 months. 

i was recently told this one is good for its price. im gonna get one for myself next week when im paid

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Audio-Technica-AT-LPGO-BT-Fully-Automatic-Wireless-Bluetooth-Belt-Drive-Turntable-with-Dust-Cover/549086634?athbdg=L1103&from=/search

• Like 2

On 7/18/2024 at 9:14 PM, bucketsofnuggets said:

This is way way better 

Not me just seeing this and it's sold out on her German store :fish2:

On 7/19/2024 at 7:14 AM, Glamthony said:

me resisting getting vinyl of albums i already have cds of

sddefault.jpg

maybe i will cop if i see one irl

• Haha 4

On 7/19/2024 at 6:55 PM, mons†er said:

Hey all! I just started my vinyl collection and hoping to expand my collection as much as possible.

Currently I own: RENAISSANCE, COWBOY CARTER Official Edition, 'Tell Me' single by Grover Theory, The Velvet Rope Re-Issued and Butterfly 2020 Re-Issue. (Tony I know but we all have to start somewhere.) I just had a few questions for you all if possible: 

2.) Are there any programs or ways I can download my vinyl to digital? I ask because curtains vinyls have different vocals or the instrumentation of the song is more raw and I maybe would prefer the vinyl version over the general digital copy.

3.) Speakers, what are the best ones as well as headphones. 

Thanks to those who answer and if yall have any other tips or tricks please do not hesitate to give them. :heart:

For beginners the best vinyl player to get is the Audiotechnica BT: Its a classic and is very high quality. Check it out here:

for speakers id recommend either of these (both already come with a built in pre-amp)

Edifier R17000BTs Speakers

https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-R1700BTs-Active-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0886B1TWC

or 

https://www.kaliaudio.com/lone-pine-studio-monitors

• Like 3

So, I'm putting together a series of playlists of albums that aren't available on vinyl, mostly late 90s-current. I drive a lot and usually control the music while working so I'm trying to mix things up and remember some old favorites. I'm currently trying to build a list and hoping to find some suggestions I might not have remembered/thought of myself. Doing this mostly for personal use but if anyone wants to check them out I'm happy to share.

Spoiler

Not sure if this is the best place for this discussion though it's vinyl related so I don't think it needs to be a separate thread.

• Like 1

Restocked

On 7/19/2024 at 11:55 PM, mons†er said:

there are usb turntables which you can use to record vinyl

https://www.rollingstone.com/product-recommendations/electronics/best-usb-turntables-1059340/

imo you don't really need all that tho, if you want just to focus on getting the best turntable/stereo you can afford, you can use an audio interface to link it to a PC or laptop and then edit them in audacity (free music editing software programme)(this is a cheap one but it works)

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-Control-UCA222-Ultra-Low-Interface/dp/B0023BYDHK/ref=sr_1_18?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

Ugh these reissues have been so disappointing. Cover looks washed out, vinyl color is ugly and it's probably a repress not a remaster. Was really hoping these would be undeniable buys. "The silver collection" lmfao bffr sis

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Ugh these reissues have been so disappointing. Cover looks washed out, vinyl color is ugly and it's probably a repress not a remaster. Was really hoping these would be undeniable buys. "The silver collection" lmfao bffr sis

Right? Is this what the big news a while back was about? I was expecting some deluxe packaging like a trifold, just make it special. Not these "silver" grey records... how disappointing!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Right? Is this what the big news a while back was about? I was expecting some deluxe packaging like a trifold, just make it special. Not these "silver" grey records... how disappointing!

Yeah I was expecting at least some nice gatefolds, remastered w actual color vinyl and a black option. I've heard this album in particular was really weak on vinyl so remastering was high on my list for these reissues. Like nice packaging and colors are fun but if the music sounds like **** then there's no point of buying it. If I can buy an OG 89 pressing that'll probably sound better then I'd do that. This is honestly just a money grab waste.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.