Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

Did anybody else get a handwritten note from Taylor on RSD? I went to buy TTPD and was surprised by the note during the check out!

I still don't get what the big deal was about these. They're basically promo prints :confused:

• Haha 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

I need The Anthology pressed so badly cause the way it washes the original album just doesn't sit right with me to not have on vinyl.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I still don't get what the big deal was about these. They're basically promo prints :confused:

It was just a nice unexpected surprise! The regular retail stores don't come with it :mandown: and I had to drive 30 minutes just to get the variant I wanted, so it made it worth the drive!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Daddy said:

image_16.jpg?v=1713957121&width=990

https://store.royksopp.com/products/royksopp-robyn-do-it-again-marble-vinyl?variant=44848156901603

Finally a repress. :jonny4:

Limited to 1000, individually numbered (but who knows with Röyksopp and limitation...)

I like the EP but I'm not spending $41 plus shipping for six songs I'm sorry :jonnycat:

Anyone else just get the urge to sell their whole collection? 

• ATRL Moderator

If anyone finds Tough Love online anywhere (ideally UK) I’ll wipe your warning points :jonny2:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

If anyone finds Tough Love online anywhere (ideally UK) I'll wipe your warning points :jonny2:

Still some going for around £40 on eBay and discogs

Edited by Janet

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

Anyone else just get the urge to sell their whole collection? 

Not yet, my collection is pretty small. I have 50+ vinyl records, only the albums I really like.

But it's getting a bit overwhelming with all these multiple variants of the same albums and of course the FOMO :coffee2:

Edited by Musicology
  • Like 2

I kinda want to start collecting CDs again and vinyls too but I'm wondering how many of you guys are actually using them and is it common practice to buy physical media just to put them on the shelf? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kern said:

I kinda want to start collecting CDs again and vinyls too but I'm wondering how many of you guys are actually using them and is it common practice to buy physical media just to put them on the shelf? 

I still have my CD collection from when I was literally 13-16 years old lol. Rarely play them anymore. And I've only bought I wanna say 2 or 3 CDs this decade :rip: 

I try to spin my vinyls as much as I can but I can say they're more of a collector's item I guess. I've collected 160 in a year and a half so I have no time to listen to every single one.  But if you just wanna buy your absolute favorite albums then go for it. Listening to them on vinyl makes it a whole different experience (if the pressing is good :lakitu:)

Edited by SweetTalker
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Kern said:

i dont have a CD player  that works right now but i do have a disc drive for my laptop that i use to rip the audio in FLAC for my local files library + my phone :giraffe:

im also collecting Cassettes as well :giraffe:

https://www.discogs.com/user/CR272/collection

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 5:48 AM, Kern said:

I have a cd player I bought from Amazon that I connect through usb 

so I still cds from time to time 

I played them for long drives since cell service is not great in every area

I want Christina Aguilera keeps gettin better on vinyl it sucks this was passed when urban was pressing her albums 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broolprop3 said:

I want Christina Aguilera keeps gettin better on vinyl it sucks this was passed when urban was pressing her albums 

Such a shame her debut Spanish album was also ignored. Wasted opportunity for them to press it during Aguilera era.

1 hour ago, Facelessboy said:

Such a shame her debut Spanish album was also ignored. Wasted opportunity for them to press it during Aguilera era.

When she released her Spanish album last year that was the perfect time to release it 

12 hours ago, Rush said:

Finally snagged a copy :jonnycat:

Just opened my Katy CATalog box set and it's so beautiful :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

Coming back here to ask for some advice :gaycat4: Which Deeper Well variant would you find the nicest? Cream, Spilled Milk splatter and Transparent Red are available in my country, so it should be one of these.

56 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Coming back here to ask for some advice :gaycat4: Which Deeper Well variant would you find the nicest? Cream, Spilled Milk splatter and Transparent Red are available in my country, so it should be one of these.

Cream with alt artwork :gaycat4:

Got the first Twilght soundtrack from UO :gaycat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.