Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

37 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

My Kylie™ singles came.....in a fkin BUBBLE MAILER. The corners are just slightly bent but I can manage but seriously - who TF thinks it's ok to mail 7" records and a cassette in something like that? 

My mine/me 7” literally came in a giant white card stock envelope. Not even a bubble mailer. It’s ******* ridiculous!

• Like 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

My Kylie™ singles came.....in a fkin BUBBLE MAILER. The corners are just slightly bent but I can manage but seriously - who TF thinks it's ok to mail 7" records and a cassette in something like that? 

i personally would email whatever company it was that sold them to let them know that people will be upset about shipping vinyl in bubble packets instead of small cardboard boxes/sleeves.

16 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

My mine/me 7” literally came in a giant white card stock envelope. Not even a bubble mailer. It’s ******* ridiculous!

ok, that one id ask for another copy in a different mailer if it came damaged.

Edited by Vixen Eyes

My "Training Season" 7" vinyl (2) came in a card-stock flat envelope and somehow arrived unharmed/no damage. **** is crazy lately.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC54 said:

**** is crazy lately.

Especially with the ridiculous shipping prices :)

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

Especially with the ridiculous shipping prices :)

Like, why are they charging $12 shipping when they use USPS media mail. 

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MC54 said:

My "Training Season" 7" vinyl (2) came in a card-stock flat envelope and somehow arrived unharmed/no damage. **** is crazy lately.

Same. I had a panic attack :thing:

10 hours ago, MC54 said:

Yeah my lighthouse/I won’t give up 7” came today in the same envelope and I was shocked it was totally fine.

8 hours ago, Attitude said:

THIS!

• Like 1

I hadn’t spun my Halcyon Nights vinyl in a while and ****, it sounds so good. Ritual is a religious experience  :WAP:

I didn't order much but I pre-ordered Wallows and The Marias' new albums. My pet peeve is when artists don't sign the actual vinyl, and give us like an art card or whatever. 

8 hours ago, Mellark said:

I didn't order much but I pre-ordered Wallows and The Marias' new albums. My pet peeve is when artists don't sign the actual vinyl, and give us like an art card or whatever. 

Ugh i feel the same way.

On 3/5/2024 at 2:05 PM, Attitude said:

I used to work in a retail warehouse and we used to overcharge people so much on shipping prices. I would compare how much it actually cost us to their crazy high shipping fees and it was significant. 

And because I'm so petty, just for one day I purposely sent customers direct receipts so they could view how much the shipping was in hopes that they would complain to the company. Quite a few did and they had to issue partial refunds. I was doing God's work :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

I used to work in a retail warehouse and we used to overcharge people so much on shipping prices. I would compare how much it actually cost us to their crazy high shipping fees and it was significant. 

And because I'm so petty, just for one day I purposely sent customers direct receipts so they could view how much the shipping was in hopes that they would complain to the company. Quite a few did and they had to issue partial refunds. I was doing God's work :ryan3:

Shakira's webstore is charging 45$ for 3 day shipping on 1 vinyl, maybe that spanish taxes really did hurt her

spacer.png

• Haha 6

I got my Fallen box set in today and Amy signed the photo. So happy I decided to purchase it after months of being indecisive. :gaycat1:

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

This is gorgeous and the glowing cover fits the album well, can't wait for my copy to arrive :gaycat4:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

I got my Fallen box set in today and Amy signed the photo. So happy I decided to purchase it after months of being indecisive. :gaycat1:

noooo i wanted a signed amy photo :gaycat7:

i ordered mine the day (after?) the pre-orders went up :gaycat7:

• Like 1

Body Language is amaaaaazing :jonny: the gatefold, the print, the red is so pretty :jonny: Hope we get X next

• Like 1

i need TS to put her new vinyls for preoder on amazon, like now

30 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

i need TS to put her new vinyls for preoder on amazon, like now

but the variants were limited and definitely wont be shipping to any other stores

spacer.png

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

but the variants were limited and definitely wont be shipping to any other stores

spacer.png

And that's why i got all 5 variants of midnights from amazon with free shipping and 20% discount

spacer.png

• Like 1

Recently got the Kylie 7" singles + Hold On To Now CD and cassette :gaydonnacat1:

Okay that is beautiful :wanda:

so i had subscribed to the IVC for the Billie record and it came damaged. I got in contact with them and they couldn't send a reshipment because it's sold out. I opted for a refund. I'm so upset. :monkey:

28 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

so i had subscribed to the IVC for the Billie record and it came damaged. I got in contact with them and they couldn't send a reshipment because it's sold out. I opted for a refund. I'm so upset. :monkey:

OMG. I will be devastated if mine comes damaged :chick3: it arrives tomorrow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.