Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• ATRL Moderator

I am planning on buying some vinyl, but I am struggling with what variants to pick again. Which one would you choose for these?

- 1989 (blue, rose, tangerine or aquamarine)

- Guts (lavender or picture disc)

- Danse Macabre by Duran Duran (smog or galaxy)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Legend E said:

I am planning on buying some vinyl, but I am struggling with what variants to pick again. Which one would you choose for these?

- Danse Macabre by Duran Duran (smog or galaxy)

If exclusive tracks matter to you, I recommend picking up the tangerine pressing of 1989 since it's the only variant with the exclusive song ("Sweeter than Fiction").

For GUTS, the lavender and the picture disc have the same exclusive track ("Obsessed") but some of the webstore variants have different exclusive tracks if you're interested in them. If you're picking between those two though, I would personally pick the lavender one since picture discs generally have worse sound quality.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

If exclusive tracks matter to you, I recommend picking up the tangerine pressing of 1989 since it's the only variant with the exclusive song ("Sweeter than Fiction").

For GUTS, the lavender and the picture disc have the same exclusive track ("Obsessed") but some of the webstore variants have different exclusive tracks if you're interested in them. If you're picking between those two though, I would personally pick the lavender one since picture discs generally have worse sound quality.

Thank you so much! The choices are based on what's sold in my country as I like to receive my vinyl quite quick + not have to spend a fortune on shipping. But great tips nonetheless :heart:

• Like 2

Updated my Discogs profile and I have over 300 records. 

I have 6 on the way and another 5 on pre-order. 

lbaLa4e.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

Updated my Discogs profile and I have over 300 records. 

I have 6 on the way and another 5 on pre-order. 

lbaLa4e.gif

That’s the spirit

lbaLa4e.gif

11 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

That’s the spirit

lbaLa4e.gif

I love consumerism.

lbaLa4e.gif

1 minute ago, allforyou said:

So the Body Language 20th anniversary vinyl rumors were fake? :noparty: I was really looking forward to it

https://www.amazon.com/Language-Anniversary-Amazon-Exclusive-Blooded/dp/B0CN9LHYDD

https://townsendmusic.store/product/125712#:~:text=Vinyl %2442.00&text='Body Language' includes the number,and 'Fever' in 2001.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, allforyou said:

So the Body Language 20th anniversary vinyl rumors were fake? :noparty: I was really looking forward to it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Language-Limited-Anniversary-Blooded-Vinyl/dp/B0CN9LHYDD/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=kylie+body+language&qid=1702200752&sr=8-2

• Thanks 1

Would be really nice to get Anniemal by Annie repressed :bird: some cool label like Be With Records could do this album justice

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Any advice on a good Record Player brand / good speaker combo?

I'm in the: LOL dont own one but have Vinyls club

and Im assuming this month would catch me a deal to grab a nicer one. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, LCTV said:

Hi guys!

and Im assuming this month would catch me a deal to grab a nicer one. Thanks for the help!

i use this one (or a similar one, the front has a similar layout)

https://www.amazon.com/Victrola-Nostalgic-Bluetooth-Turntable-Entertainment/dp/B00NQL8Z16

4 hours ago, LCTV said:

Hi guys!

What's your budget? You want something automatic or are you willing to go manual? 

22 hours ago, Legend E said:

I have tangerine for 1989 & lavender for Guts & both sound great:heart:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Pink Whitney said:

I have tangerine for 1989 & lavender for Guts & both sound great:heart:

Amazing to hear, that's exactly what I just ordered today, can't wait to get them :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

My copy of Icy Colors Change shipped from CheapyXO this morning, only like 3 days after I placed the order. Azealia’s becoming proficient :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t think it’ll ever happen but I’d pay so much money for pressings of bond’s discography

Bondborn.jpg

Bondclassified.jpg
Explosive_The_Best_of_Bond.jpg

Target has a good amount of vinyls on sale. Queen Radio and Feed The Beast included

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

Target has a good amount of vinyls on sale. Queen Radio and Feed The Beast included

In store only?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.