Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

17 minutes ago, Daddy said:

That was me. My 2nd copy arrived flawless :clap3:

well thats good :clap3:

what are you gonna do with the other one?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

also i wanted to ask you guys, how do you store your vinyls?

I have a kallax from IKEA and they all go there.  Working on getting protective sleeves for every release, right now they are just on a handful of my more expensive records

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

well thats good :clap3:

what are you gonna do with the other one?

That's the one I'm playing and I'm gonna keep the new one in perfect condition (opened though cause I don't like keeping the shrink-wrap closed, it's destroying the jacket over time which would be ironic in this situation) 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

I bought a record on Discogs for the first time since I got ripped off trying to buy Halcyon Nights.

This one was the YYYs It's Blitz after seeing them in concert on Sunday and hopefully we're back to the normal shipping process from Discogs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I bought a record on Discogs for the first time since I got ripped off trying to buy Halcyon Nights.

This one was the YYYs It's Blitz after seeing them in concert on Sunday and hopefully we're back to the normal shipping process from Discogs 

i havent really had too much problems with Discogs. ive only had slow shipping, likely for which type of shipping i paid for lol

I keep them in my Kallax from IKEA (filled 12 cubicles so far)

When I get a new vinyl I cut the shrink-wrap to take the pressure off the jacket. But only so much that I can remove the vinyl itself. 

Then I put the jacket into a new outer sleeve. The opening of the outer sleeve is on top. Then I put the vinyl itself behind the jacket into the outer sleeve.

That way you can remove the vinyl without touching the jacket and to avoid ringwear.

Like this

xkwyxjtk27k51.jpg

• Thanks 1

i take off the shrink wrap, put any and all stickers on the front cover (wherever they look best in)

i clean the record(s) with this then put the discs in this and put that in the cover jacket then put the full thing in this

then i put them inside of my closet either in a milk crate or on a shelf. ive been running out of room tho, so i put some of my more recently arrived records in a storage bin next to my closet.

which reminds me i need to get more sleeves

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

The taste! Enjoy the gig, love me some Karen O :clap3:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daddy said:

That's the one I'm playing and I'm gonna keep the new one in perfect condition (opened though cause I don't like keeping the shrink-wrap closed, it's destroying the jacket over time which would be ironic in this situation) 

I think my softscars got warped because of the shrinkwrap btw, it was very tight on the jacket and it got bent over, and probably the record itself got warped along with it. I heard that this could happen if the vinyl is also subjected to heat

Spoiler

DAPxWob.jpeg

jOi2YMQ.jpg

Edited by bestfiction

21 hours ago, khalyan said:

I have a kallax from IKEA and they all go there.  Working on getting protective sleeves for every release, right now they are just on a handful of my more expensive records

this

Has anyone received the shipping confirmation from Katy's webstore? the CATalog boxset its out tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I think my softscars got warped because of the shrinkwrap btw, it was very tight on the jacket and it got bent over, and probably the record itself got warped along with it. I heard that this could happen if the vinyl is also subjected to heat

Hide contents

DAPxWob.jpeg

jOi2YMQ.jpg

Yeah, that's a pity. These things can also happen when the pressing plant is hurrying the production and won't wait for the vinyl to cool down. That often happens with gatefolds especially, cause they get bent by *surprise* the gatefold closing. 

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

Has anyone received the shipping confirmation from Katy's webstore? the CATalog boxset its out tomorrow.

Mine shipped

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glamthony said:

Mine has shipped via UPS. Label created. No other info yet but I'm very excited to finally have Prism.

13 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Hide contents

DAPxWob.jpeg

jOi2YMQ.jpg

Mine didn't even come, I got sent Moby instead :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by scenekiller

The upcoming RSD is so boring. 
Sia is literally the only interesting release on the list. 

1 hour ago, scenekiller said:

Mine didn't even come, I got sent Moby instead :deadbanana2:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Oh mess :rip: did they send you in the end?

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

Yeah, that's a pity. These things can also happen when the pressing plant is hurrying the production and won't wait for the vinyl to cool down. That often happens with gatefolds especially, cause they get bent by *surprise* the gatefold closing. 

Yeah, I can see how this could happen.

Luckily Juno has said that they would send me a replacement :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenisFADING said:

Mine has shipped via UPS. Label created. No other info yet but I'm very excited to finally have Prism.

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

Mine shipped

I received the email 2 minutes ago, this is finally coming :coffee:

• Like 1

what's it gonna take to get the rest of Kelly's discography pressed? I need My December and AIEW.

• Like 2

Amazon just sent me an email with an estimated date for 1989 TV delivery date and it's december 15th :rip: WTF?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.