Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

8 hours ago, forslayage said:

they sent back an email basically saying overall that it was "out of their control" :toofunny3: - "it appears that the issue you encountered was due to factors beyond our control and was related to the carrier's handling of your order". I'm sure it was partially related to UPS' handling yet, obviously if its sent in a literal piece of plastic with thin ass sheets of bubble wrap in it, it's going to come damaged either way. I let them know this in my response, if it's not their company shipping/handling it, it's whoever decided on the packaging to be bubble mailers' fault. If it is them doing the S/H, clearly it is not beyond their control to send the vinyl in better packaging. It shouldn't be beyond their control period, they can get whoever is doing the S/H to package it better, especially for THAT price. Why am I having to explain in my response email how shipping vinyl works to them and that obviously I'm sure my package got crushed in transit to me, because that's how packages get sent out, hence why record mailers exist to prevent this- mind you I live only two states away from where it was shipped from and it still came like this. They also didn't let me know if I'm even going to get a replacement yet, just that they're "investigating"..

tl;dr: her team seems to be ass which is extremely unfortunate for an artist of her music/image status. 

And no but I agree! There aren't any images online, and I missed out! one of my big ISO's... 

they shipped Jaguar (the first album) in regular vinyl mailers so her team is playing dumb for an extra $3 (the price of a standard vinyl mailer) :skull:  I hope this costs them more in the long run through people getting replacements/refunds/chargebacks because they have NO excuse especially when they're charging $13 for shipping on a $35 1LP vinyl....

• Like 1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow, I love this album, waiting to pop up somewhere else, 30+ euro shipping for my country is killing me

0602458351804.jpg?medina-2023-velkommen-

x

Edited by Musicology

3 hours ago, Musicology said:

oh wow, I love this album, waiting to pop up somewhere else, 30+ euro shipping for my country is killing me

0602458351804.jpg?medina-2023-velkommen-

x

Omg, I need the English relese of this :WAP:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, forslayage said:

they sent back an email basically saying overall that it was "out of their control" :toofunny3: - "it appears that the issue you encountered was due to factors beyond our control and was related to the carrier's handling of your order". I'm sure it was partially related to UPS' handling yet, obviously if its sent in a literal piece of plastic with thin ass sheets of bubble wrap in it, it's going to come damaged either way. I let them know this in my response, if it's not their company shipping/handling it, it's whoever decided on the packaging to be bubble mailers' fault. If it is them doing the S/H, clearly it is not beyond their control to send the vinyl in better packaging. It shouldn't be beyond their control period, they can get whoever is doing the S/H to package it better, especially for THAT price. Why am I having to explain in my response email how shipping vinyl works to them and that obviously I'm sure my package got crushed in transit to me, because that's how packages get sent out, hence why record mailers exist to prevent this- mind you I live only two states away from where it was shipped from and it still came like this. They also didn't let me know if I'm even going to get a replacement yet, just that they're "investigating"..

tl;dr: her team seems to be ass which is extremely unfortunate for an artist of her music/image status. 

And no but I agree! There aren't any images online, and I missed out! one of my big ISO's... 

That’s horrible and I hope everything gets resolved, for you and everyone else that received damaged copies :shakeno:

I did manage to find a picture of Hypnos tho!

• Like 1

I received my signed Addison Rae CD today. Sad about the jewel case having pieces broken so I need it replaced but everything else in perfectly in tact.

Currently have

1989 TV (The laying on the beach version) pre ordered

and

Got a copy of the Colored Nelly Furtado Loose vinyl

1 hour ago, LCTV said:

Currently have

and

I’m waiting on the following :matty:

- Barbie The Album (webstore blue repress with Choose Your Fighter and Barbie Dreams)

- Wolf (10th anniversary repress)

- Lust for Life (anniversary repress)

- Barbie The Score (“rollerblade barbie” and “beach off swirl”)

- Jaguar II (arriving today, hopefully in one piece and with minimal damage)

- BB/ANG3L (three signed copies)

- Live For Me EP (two signed copies)

- Katy CATalog collector’s edition boxset

18 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I’m waiting on the following :matty:

- Barbie The Album (webstore blue repress with Choose Your Fighter and Barbie Dreams)

- Wolf (10th anniversary repress)

- Lust for Life (anniversary repress)

- Barbie The Score (“rollerblade barbie” and “beach off swirl”)

- Jaguar II (arriving today, hopefully in one piece and with minimal damage)

- BB/ANG3L (three signed copies)

- Live For Me EP (two signed copies)

- Katy CATalog collector’s edition boxset

I'm waiting on:

Tension - POP Up variant, its on its way

Katy's CATalog, finally coming this week!

Shania's GH & Come On Over 3 LP, both UK versions

t.A.T.u. - 200 KM/h on the wrong lane, splatter variant

Kylie Minogue - Kylie 35th anniversary (Pink and baby blue)

Cher - Believe Boxset (CD & LP)

Taylor's 1989 TV superior version (blue)

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

everyone's lists thinning out for the winter freeze 

i'm waiting on:

saved! (20 october) [red]
1989 (taylor's version) (27 october) [tangerine; evil scammer]
desire, i want to turn into you (3 november) [tiger's eye]
heaven knows (10 november) [white]

leak 04-13 (bait ones) (17 november) [white]

and hypnos arrived today :duca:

• Like 1

I'm waiting on too many vinyls…

1989 all variants
Poppy Zig all variants
Florence the box set
Katy box + her first 3 albums with the new colors
The pic disc of Starfucker

Kate Bush Hounds of Love repress

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KK_Lover said:

I'm waiting on too many vinyls…

1989 all variants
Poppy Zig all variants
Florence the box set
Katy box + her first 3 albums with the new colors
The pic disc of Starfucker

Kate Bush Hounds of Love repress

i need this one s badly, but the Body Language release is coming and i need to have my credit card ready

• Like 1

The Florence boxset looked beautiful tbh. 

I completely forgot about Katy’s boxset too :WAP: so waiting on that

Slayyyter’s picture disc

P!nk’s Beautiful Trauma :rip: it was discounted on the website where I preordered Slayyyter so I was like why not lmao

Rosalia’s heart-shaped RR EP (don’t even remember when it ships) 

Omar’s Live For Me UO exclusive 

Nicki’s PF2 which I expect will be delayed for some reason

and patiently waiting to buy Problematique on Black Friday

1 minute ago, SweetTalker said:

Rosalia’s heart-shaped RR EP (don’t even remember when it ships) 

lmao just checked and it was supposed to ship Sept 29… got delayed to December 22 :rip: 

I'm waiting on

Starfucker UO pink/blue splatter

Once Twice Melody UO rainbow

Desire I Want to Turn Into You standard copper + tiger's eye indie

also keeping my eye on a possible restock of Katy catalog boxset since they're about to ship

17 hours ago, Kings. said:

BB/ANG3L (three signed copies)

I'll send you new furniture for your empty apartment since you must have had to sell your entire ownings worth + organs on the black market for these!

not to be annoying but I'm curious.. how did your jaguar ii arrive?

My ink spill softscars from Juno arrived and it came really warped, I've never had a record this badly warped. Like it's not flat at all. Does anyone know if Juno sends replacement copies in such case?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

My ink spill softscars from Juno arrived and it came really warped, I've never had a record this badly warped. Like it's not flat at all. Does anyone know if Juno sends replacement copies in such case?

just send an email talking about that. i DOUBT any seller (non-second hand) wouldnt send a replacement.

someone on LanaBoards received a barely dented copy of the Ultraviolence Urban Outfitters repress and was sent a new copy :rip:

Kim’s Problematique will be a record store day exclusive on Black Friday at Rough trade with 1 per person limit but I can’t make it. There are 3500 copies. Will they put them on the website to order later? Will I have to buy from a reseller for much more? How does it work with Record store day?

Edited by Blue Jeans

8 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Kim’s Problematique will be a record store day exclusive on Black Friday at Rough trade with 1 per person limit but I can’t make it. There are 3500 copies. Will they put them on the website to order later? Will I have to buy from a reseller for much more? How does it work with Record store day?

Any leftover stock from RSD can be sold online the next day, some retailers will wait until Monday. If you don't find any stock online you may be able to snag it on Discogs at retail or for a small markup, just keep an eye on it.

Edited by Indie
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:00 PM, LCTV said:

Currently have

and

i wanted the colored loose so badly but with the shipping costing the same as the vinyl it'd have been almost €80 :dies: xmas is coming but my bf didn't look v cooperative :skull: 

also, i was just wondering which 1989 variant to choose, either the top or bottom left .. the top left has a light blue vinyl so i'll choose that one ig 

1989 Variants - which one is your fave? : r/TaylorSwiftVinyl

also i wanted to ask you guys, how do you store your vinyls?

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

i wanted the colored loose so badly but with the shipping costing the same as the vinyl it'd have been almost €80 :dies: xmas is coming but my bf didn't look v cooperative :skull: 

also, i was just wondering which 1989 variant to choose, either the top or bottom left .. the top left has a light blue vinyl so i'll choose that one ig 

1989 Variants - which one is your fave? : r/TaylorSwiftVinyl

You can check here for colored Loose

https://www.bravado.de/p51-i0602458167078/nelly-furtado/loose/index.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

someone on LanaBoards received a barely dented copy of the Ultraviolence Urban Outfitters repress and was sent a new copy :rip:

That was me. My 2nd copy arrived flawless :clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.