Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

It got changed to this ugly ass cover :rip:

UPDATEDSIGNEDLP_a4058fd9-ee06-4313-affd-

are you sure is not just another alt?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Janet said:

https://recordstore.co.uk/products/orquideas-limited-milky-clear-vinyl-lp-signed-print

Praying that the alt cover doesn't get switched here too :rip: better not just become a UO exclusive 

Not available anymore lmfaoooo

Kali and her alt-cover disaster continues. The first one was flawless, this is so boring in comparison. :rip:

How do I get Target online orders to Europe? I want those Kali alt-covers. I never tried forward services but I'm open to it.

Need to email Kali's team to cancel my order. Don't care for a signed print and that new cover is UGLY :biblio:

2 hours ago, Desire said:

Need to email Kali's team to cancel my order. Don't care for a signed print and that new cover is UGLY :biblio:

I wonder if they're going to switch it back... the UO variant was deleted from their site :cupid:

I wonder if they're going to switch it back... the UO variant was deleted from their site :cupid:

Such a messy release already. How does stuff like this happen when you have a literal team and label working for you lol

I stopped from emailing them because i heard just that. wouldn't be surprised if they were getting a lot of cancelled orders and decided to make it right :fan: 

I swear to God every album I order from Fnac arrives with a seam split and/or busted corners, which is crazy because they are the only company I know that wraps their records in bubble wrap before slipping it into the vinyl mailer. I’m guessing their vinyl mailers are just ass.

54 minutes ago, Rocket said:

spacer.png

x

Is she trying to get a Grammy nom or something 

12 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Is she trying to get a Grammy nom or something 

No. The plants are just clogged and she, like everyone else, has a six month delay on everything.

just a heads up to anyone who ordered/ was planning on ordering Victoria Monét's Jaguar II on Vinyl from her store for the already hefty price tag after shipping-

It arrived today in a bubble mailer.. - no cardboard inserted or anything to protect it, it didn't even say fragile on the outside. They sent it via the cheapest shipping method possible (UPS Surepost) for them, which makes 0 sense considering I spent $13 on shipping. Obviously came with corner damage on all 4 corners as well a giant bend to the bottom left of the sleeve. Surely if you're a retailer selling brand new vinyl and for that price, you should know it doesn't cost more than $5 at MOST to send a vinyl in a cardboard mailer via media mail. UPS Surepost is even under $5. Shame on whatever team this is.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by forslayage
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Victoria’s team has BEEN a cheap and unhelpful mess. I’ll be preparing to receive a damaged record and will be have my bank on standby to report the inevitable damages and hopefully get a refund.

That aside, has anyone here received a copy of Ravyn Lenae’s debut album from VMP? I just want to see how the shade of red turned out if so :matty:

10 hours ago, Kings. said:

Victoria’s team has BEEN a cheap and unhelpful mess. I’ll be preparing to receive a damaged record and will be have my bank on standby to report the inevitable damages and hopefully get a refund.

That aside, has anyone here received a copy of Ravyn Lenae’s debut album from VMP? I just want to see how the shade of red turned out if so :matty:

they sent back an email basically saying overall that it was "out of their control" :toofunny3: - "it appears that the issue you encountered was due to factors beyond our control and was related to the carrier's handling of your order". I'm sure it was partially related to UPS' handling yet, obviously if its sent in a literal piece of plastic with thin ass sheets of bubble wrap in it, it's going to come damaged either way. I let them know this in my response, if it's not their company shipping/handling it, it's whoever decided on the packaging to be bubble mailers' fault. If it is them doing the S/H, clearly it is not beyond their control to send the vinyl in better packaging. It shouldn't be beyond their control period, they can get whoever is doing the S/H to package it better, especially for THAT price. Why am I having to explain in my response email how shipping vinyl works to them and that obviously I'm sure my package got crushed in transit to me, because that's how packages get sent out, hence why record mailers exist to prevent this- mind you I live only two states away from where it was shipped from and it still came like this. They also didn't let me know if I'm even going to get a replacement yet, just that they're "investigating"..

tl;dr: her team seems to be ass which is extremely unfortunate for an artist of her music/image status. 

And no but I agree! There aren't any images online, and I missed out! one of my big ISO's... 

Edited by forslayage
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:43 AM, Daddy said:

How do I get Target online orders to Europe? I want those Kali alt-covers. I never tried forward services but I'm open to it.

Have someone in the states buy it and send it to you 

8 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Have someone in the states buy it and send it to you 

A very nice fellow ATRLer offered me to get me some on his next US trip :smitten:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.