Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

4 hours ago, Daddy said:

Yooooo, my Ultraviolence vinyl came with a small dent in one corner. Usually I wouldn't say anything but I wanted this particular vinyl in a flawfree condition. Wrote a mail and now they just sent my a shipping mail for a free one on top. I've never done this. My slay of the day!

The dent lol 

20230929_180741.jpg?ex=651bf440&is=651aa2c0&hm=63822f8ac6231c236765fa6beb2a0843175a6bd25d8789d5edc77d4a13b76d24&

Universal / Bravado are usually pretty great about it, every time I had to complain about it I got a second copy shipped for free.

but I’ve read from some people that they won’t get replacements anymore as they complained too often.

JPC on the other hand are terrible with that. Always wanting the vinyl to be shipped back before sending a new one and they refund the shipping only afterwards. 
But as they are a retailer and not the label I kind of get it. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dmnkklbrt said:

Universal / Bravado are usually pretty great about it, every time I had to complain about it I got a second copy shipped for free.

but I’ve read from some people that they won’t get replacements anymore as they complained too often.

JPC on the other hand are terrible with that. Always wanting the vinyl to be shipped back before sending a new one and they refund the shipping only afterwards. 
But as they are a retailer and not the label I kind of get it. 

Yeah, Bravado seems to be really great when it comes to that. It was the first time this happened and I'm so surprised. Also my mail was very friendly and I think it being the first time happening was also a factor. Wouldn't try to abuse it myself until Honeymoon UO repress comes around hehe 

Never had to send something back to JPC but I'm surprised to hear that. Guess the retailer/label reasoning makes a lot of sense, you're right. 

I gotta say I was VERY lucky throughout my vinyl journey. Collecting for almost 4 years now and never had much to complain at all. But since I started working at HHV I never really had to use other stores (besides artist stores and limited stuff/sale at JPC)

Rough Trade is coming to Berlin next year though so that will be interesting! They often have really great exclusives and their stores just look incredible. Excited! 

I just saw a tweet about a Olivia Rodrigo RSD but it's not on the list... hmm

10 hours ago, Daddy said:

Yooooo, my Ultraviolence vinyl came with a small dent in one corner. Usually I wouldn't say anything but I wanted this particular vinyl in a flawfree condition. Wrote a mail and now they just sent my a shipping mail for a free one on top. I've never done this. My slay of the day!

The dent lol 

20230929_180741.jpg?ex=651bf440&is=651aa2c0&hm=63822f8ac6231c236765fa6beb2a0843175a6bd25d8789d5edc77d4a13b76d24&

you really sent an email over that tiny mark? 

this screams Karen to me :rip:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Vixen Eyes said:

*****, WHO are you to tell me how to feel about something? I was waiting a long time for this repress and it was a letdown because I tend to hyper-focus on downsides of things. I even stated in the post that this was the first time in 4 years of collecting (almost 500 records) that I did that.

latoya1tld3f.gif

Lemme show you the mail that I wrote and you decide if that was a Karen move:

"Dear Bravado Team, as a long-time customer I never had a problem with your service. Thanks for that! But today I received the new Lana Del Rey repress and I found a visible bent in the upper corner *see attachment* and some more creases in the bottom of the cover.

I would usually not care that much and move on but this is a very special release to me and I would love to own a flaw-free copy of it. 

Thank you for your help and enjoy your weekend/have a good start into the new week! :)"

They even answered with a smiley in their response. Now shut up and let me enjoy my little victory and free copy. I'm sure Universal Music Group will handle it well.

kesha-bye.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I don’t get why the Problematique vinyl is red but slay! 

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

*****, WHO are you to tell me how to feel about something? I was waiting a long time for this repress and it was a letdown because I tend to hyper-focus on downsides of things. I even stated in the post that this was the first time in 4 years of collecting (almost 500 records) that I did that.

latoya1tld3f.gif

Lemme show you the mail that I wrote and you decide if that was a Karen move:

"Dear Bravado Team, as a long-time customer I never had a problem with your service. Thanks for that! But today I received the new Lana Del Rey repress and I found a visible bent in the upper corner *see attachment* and some more creases in the bottom of the cover.

I would usually not care that much and move on but this is a very special release to me and I would love to own a flaw-free copy of it. 

Thank you for your help and enjoy your weekend/have a good start into the new week! :)"

They even answered with a smiley in their response. Now shut up and let me enjoy my little victory and free copy. I'm sure Universal Music Group will handle it well.

kesha-bye.gif

you don't need to explain yourself papito get them free copies!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Literally nothing good on the list lol

will be getting this

418467257509:360

• Like 1

I picked up Tension, All We Know Is Falling, and RIOT! from Barnes & Noble this weekend. I love that I’m able to go to Barnes and Noble for vinyl now. The Paramore records were standard black which is fine as long as they weren’t that ugly silver. I understand the choice but it has to either fit the record or be standard black for ME personally. 

9 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

I mean, who pays for a brand new mint product, is entitled to get that :michael: Karen-esque maybe, but the right thing at the end of the day

:suburban:

So we're getting another Bloody Mary vinyl :katie:

Good thing I never bought the other one, I guess.

• Like 2

Booklets are always so exciting to me. We need more of them! :chick3:

1 hour ago, Heldenzeit said:

Booklets are always so exciting to me. We need more of them! :chick3:

Gaga’s Chromatica was soooooo nicely packaged to me for this same reason. Not to mention the quality of the tri-fold jacket alone :WAP:  i never play the album but always look at it :sistrens:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shakira’s walmart exclusive is gorgeous tbh :smitten:  Horrible lighting but I’ll try to get a better pic after I give it a proper clean

IMG-2640.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Shakira’s walmart exclusive is gorgeous tbh :smitten:  Horrible lighting but I’ll try to get a better pic after I give it a proper clean

IMG-2640.jpg

You got your turn table in your bathroom? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Attitude said:

You got your turn table in your bathroom? 

Why yes I do. Love taking a **** while listening to Charli XCX on vinyl 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

Why yes I do. Love taking a **** while listening to Charli XCX on vinyl 

Number 2 to Pop 2, yasss

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.