Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

On 4/13/2023 at 11:29 PM, Rocket said:

I have multiples of everything Mariah, because you know.... scammer.

Hide contents

FJ_f0d8acAkij0N?format=jpg&name=large 

Rich king :clap3:

No but seriously I see nothing wrong with this. If I had the $$ I'd be collecting all the variants of Mariah and Britney too. Love your collection. :heart2:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2023 at 10:04 AM, Power love said:

Do you guys think Backstreet Boys will ever have their discography pressed? 

I hope they do because they have bops! 

I was really wanting to go to Record Store Day tomorrow, but I have no hopes of getting the folklore record and my local store won't confirm whether they got The 1975's BBC Philharmonic album or not. Last year they had a Google Doc showing what they got in, but they're not doing it this year for some reason. The only thing 100% confirmed is the 35 copies of Folklore that they posted on Facebook earlier this week, but I highly doubt I'll get one because they don't limit the amount of copies people bought. That's how the 20 copies of The Lakes that they got last time instantly sold out because everyone bought 5 copies each time to scalp them.

I'm just going to try my luck to get them online somehow because I'm not going to queue up at 6 AM again for something that isn't guaranteed. :coffee2:

I had to queue up at TWO stores because the first one had sold out of Taylor. :rip: Thankfully, the second one had a lot of stock but literally everyone came for Taylor so despite that, everything was still gone within minutes. Apparently another record store in my area had a separate queue for people coming for Taylor.

If anyone sees The 1975 online please let me know. My record stores near me only received one copy so there was no chance I was getting that.

Edited by touchofmyhand

2 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

I had to queue up at TWO stores because the first one had sold out of Taylor. :rip: Thankfully, the second one had a lot of stock but literally everyone came for Taylor so despite that, everything was still gone within minutes.

If anyone sees The 1975 online please let me know. My record stores near me only received one copy so there was no chance I was getting that.

Banquet records just said the 1975 is not selling out  so a lot of copies are going to be put up online (their website). 

Edited by Kiel D-01

Managed to get everything I wanted! I’m surprised. I did queue from 6am, but it didn’t feel tiring, so I’d say that was successful.

Got The 1975, Taylor and Ellie Goulding!

Does anyone have any links for where I can check for Taylor? I’m so fed up with nothing being available in Norway.

Just now, ndreaas said:

Does anyone have any links for where I can check for Taylor? I’m so fed up with nothing being available in Norway.

Most links won’t be available till the 23rd

There were many disappointed Swiftes at the store I went to in Berlin. The queue was much longer than the last two times I went, though. The store opened one or two side entrances though, so everybody managed to get in quickly. It was mayhem inside, tho. Took me ages to find Madonna, got lucky with Jessie and Björk but sadly didn't find Dirty Projectors/Björk. Maybe I will have luck online. I doubt it.

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

UO needs to repress Back to Basics and press Mi Reflejo. :chick3:

11 hours ago, Kings. said:

Fixed it for you :celestial2:

:clap3:

I got Madonna. I had Taylor in my hand bc I couldn’t find Madonna in the store but I asked the cashier if they had any Madonna in the back and they did. I was not paying £60 for Taylor :skull: It’s not that limited to justify that price. Even Madonna costing £34 for a remix EP with 8 tracks is :biblio:

12 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Even Madonna costing £34 for a remix EP with 8 tracks is :biblio:

Björk's Fossora remixes were only six euros cheaper than Madonna... and there are only two remixes on it :rip:

9 minutes ago, magicfever said:

Björk's Fossora remixes were only six euros cheaper than Madonna... and there are only two remixes on it :rip:

I went to pay for Taylor and Madonna and the guy was like “£94 please!”… :rip: I had to reconsider my life choices :skull:

I can’t believe how much vinyl has went up in price, I mean it’s always been expensive but damn. £60 for a standard album at retail price would be just unheard of not too long ago

Edited by its_britney_bitch

24 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I went to pay for Taylor and Madonna and the guy was like “£94 please!”… :rip: I had to reconsider my life choices :skull:

I can’t believe how much vinyl has went up in price, I mean it’s always been expensive but damn. £60 for a standard album at retail price would be just unheard of not too long ago

Yeah, I totally agree with you! Prices went up so fast, too. It wasn't even a slow process, I think. One employee told people regularly today to wait around for rare releases because many people would decide not to buy some records after they hear how much it costs :rip:

Spoiler

To be fair some peoples bags looked like they were about to spend more money than I pay rent

37 minutes ago, magicfever said:

omg :rip: I was considering getting that but was scared of the price tag they'd tell me

Missed out on Bionic :noparty: hopefully we'll get a proper Xtina discography reissue one day, like they did with Kesha and now doing with Britney, it's long overdue

Girl in front of me got the last copy of Folklore now i need to find it at a good price online :rip: 

But got Madonna so im happy 

None of the stores around me had Unholy 7". I'm super bummed - I really hope I can score one tomorrow if someone posts it online. 

1 hour ago, Flavs97 said:

Girl in front of me got the last copy of Folklore now i need to find it at a good price online :rip: 

But got Madonna so im happy 

i was considering buying it but i moved to a small town and the only music people like here is rock music / old people music:rip: one of the record stores even put up this rant about how they aren't stocking the folklore vinyl because it's all for "corporate profit" and doesn't support independent record stores. 

IMG-2365.png

anyway, there's no reason folklore should be this hard to get, it's all because of the scalpers.

3 hours ago, magicfever said:

There were many disappointed Swiftes at the store I went to in Berlin. The queue was much longer than the last two times I went, though. The store opened one or two side entrances though, so everybody managed to get in quickly. It was mayhem inside, tho. Took me ages to find Madonna, got lucky with Jessie and Björk but sadly didn't find Dirty Projectors/Björk. Maybe I will have luck online. I doubt it.

Which store did you go to? Dodo Beach? Dussmann?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.