Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

18 hours ago, Rocket said:

Reminds me of Kim Petras clarity :cm:

6 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

The ppl at parkwood need to get to work since they don’t do ANYTHING else. 

DIL 20

IASF 15

SélfTitled 10

quite embarrassing for her label not to have her discography readily available on vinyl

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

My local record store posted a video of 3 big boxes filled with Folklore LPS. They probably have like 125 copies :chick2:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

My local record store posted a video of 3 big boxes filled with Folklore LPS. They probably have like 125 copies :chick2:

My local record store is getting Folklore Long Pond and they have saved me a copy :WAP:

I’m also trying to get My Dear Melancholy, 

my cream butterfly 4LP came in. it's so heavy and high quality. my main gripe with it is that the album cover on the front is low res. you can see all the pixels on it, especially around her hair. they should've got a high res image of the cover, and the vinyl doesn't even look cream coloured to me, it's pretty much just white. I got number 24. i'm definitely not gonna send my number of the vinyl it to that mariah museum

HvexhxV.md.jpg

1 hour ago, thetea said:

my cream butterfly 4LP came in. it's so heavy and high quality. my main gripe with it is that the album cover on the front is low res. you can see all the pixels on it, especially around her hair. they should've got a high res image of the cover, and the vinyl doesn't even look cream coloured to me, it's pretty much just white. I got number 24. i'm definitely not gonna send my number of the vinyl it to that mariah museum

HvexhxV.md.jpg

VMP are hopeless when it comes to Mariah pressings and artwork.

The same problem occurred with the Daydream release and the low res cover

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

VMP are hopeless when it comes to Mariah pressings and artwork.

The same problem occurred with the Daydream release and the low res cover

that's the only bad thing about this release. surely they could've got high res images from columbia 

9 minutes ago, thetea said:

that's the only bad thing about this release. surely they could've got high res images from columbia 

Not you forgetting about the numbering in pen (out of 2000).

:ahh:

4 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Not you forgetting about the numbering in pen (out of 2000).

i honestly don't mind that. it's a nice touch that they took the time to hand number it. but i get why other people might hate it, VMP always seems to mess up their mariah releases

On 4/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, OnMyCoolJ said:

The ppl at parkwood need to get to work since they don’t do ANYTHING else. 

DIL 20

IASF 15

SélfTitled 10

EIL 5 

and watch them give us NOTHING. 

on DiL 10th anniversary we got new pics on her website :rip:

so...

the gays fighting in the Jessica Simpson discogs edits

This old hag abbaforever who deleted the pics and is annoying on a lot of releases need to sit down on his old wrinkled /\ss

:skull:

35 minutes ago, Attitude said:

the gays fighting in the Jessica Simpson discogs edits

:skull:

I saw this when going through my inbox and screamed.

vyeQDnm.gif

Saw this on reddit regarding Taylor's RSD release.

Just a heads up gang. There are at least 2 versions of Tay Tay's release this Saturday. The copies with the Disney+ stickers are 40 grams heavier than those without. Also, those without the Disney sticker have "made in Mexico" printed on the back of the shrink.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Saw this on reddit regarding Taylor's RSD release.

Where are they getting that info from? :cupid:

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Where are they getting that info from? :cupid:

When asked they responded

Yes, I had them in my hands about 30 minutes ago and weighed them on a Digital scale at the shop

Suddenly getting your hands on a copy is a nightmare again as Swifties will be trying to buy both versions now.

From the 20 copies I saw some of them came with the small disney+ hype sticker and some of them did not. I immediately thought that was odd. So when I looked for other differences I noticed the ones without the sticker have "Made in Mexico" printed on the outer shrink. And then I weighed em. The record stores just receive whatever number of copies they ordered. RSD considers them all the same.

So....after waiting in line Saturday morning and when its your turn to get to that milk crate full of anxiety and excitement, I suggest looking for a copy of it with the Disney+ hype sticker.

Spoiler

ksxn0hn7zqua1.jpg?width=686&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=71f5c6bd5cb1cb8f829b804f41b481621bfa5e65

4qasrhn7zqua1.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=8fced63031a90910de60323966305fadf22976ebhbxue8qdzqua1.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=4f3b34844626b1951f71dd7e2112eaeb0243fe7c

Edited by Rocket

51 minutes ago, Rocket said:
  Hide contents

ksxn0hn7zqua1.jpg?width=686&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=71f5c6bd5cb1cb8f829b804f41b481621bfa5e65

4qasrhn7zqua1.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=8fced63031a90910de60323966305fadf22976ebhbxue8qdzqua1.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=4f3b34844626b1951f71dd7e2112eaeb0243fe7c

My store makes us fill out order forms while we wait in line so I wouldn't be able to choose anyways... incoming nightmare :thing:

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Suddenly getting your hands on a copy is a nightmare again as Swifties will be trying to buy both versions now.

Wait apparently one sleeve is lighter than the other too :rip:

16 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

My store makes us fill out order forms while we wait in line so I wouldn't be able to choose anyways... incoming nightmare :thing:

Welp.

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Wait apparently one sleeve is lighter than the other too :rip:

You just know there's gonna be a slight colour difference with the vinyl as well.

:jonny:

Isn't it limited to 40k copies or something like that? 

48 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

Isn't it limited to 40k copies or something like that? 

115k were pressed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.