Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

my first record of 2023 arrived today, Daughter's Stereo Mind Game! i went for the eco friendly recycled vinyl that would come in a surprise color, mine turned out to be a midnight blue with a dusky swirl, it looks so good. also i love when vinyl shows up on release day!

definitely recommend checking out this album if you're here for dream pop with a touch of indie rock. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2023 at 12:06 AM, Attitude said:

Still waiting for Successica Legendson to hit the clearance bin. 

Same, her albums have like two or three good songs per album max. There was a fat stack of both her albums at my local UO and I cannot wait for it to hit $5.99 :thing:

Seems like the Hilary Duff albums did sell rather well or, in fact sell out? Limited copies of "Metamorphosis" on green & clear - gone. Self-titled is off the Urban website and has 'limited stock' on Disney Emporium. "Most Wanted" is gone from all. Seems like 'Dignity' has a few left on Disney and Urban. Good for her.

5 minutes ago, MC54 said:

Seems like the Hilary Duff albums did sell rather well or, in fact sell out? Limited copies of "Metamorphosis" on green & clear - gone. Self-titled is off the Urban website and has 'limited stock' on Disney Emporium. "Most Wanted" is gone from all. Seems like 'Dignity' has a few left on Disney and Urban. Good for her.

I WANT WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN AND STARS DANCE SOO BAD!!! i didn’t know disney sell on their website 😭😭

ppl are selling for 150$+

14 minutes ago, MC54 said:

Wish they had given us Best of. :'(

1 hour ago, Attitude said:

Wish they had given us Best of. :'(

A 'Best Of' on black ice or silver/gray would've been lovely. Would just need the rap version of 'Reach Out' edited out.... the solo mix was and remains superior. Plus the new remixes were nice.

9 hours ago, MC54 said:

My gold set "#307/"2,000"" came last week and it's quite pretty, but I gotta say, I'm shocked at how bad a scan the front cover is of the box. They could've sourced the original DPI photographs, but.. all in all, it's pretty. I wish the inside had a little bit more album centric themed content like the booklet, (the plain text sleeves are a little dull).

But it's definitely one of the best quality sounding vinyls I've ever owned.

i've noticed that on a lot of recent mariah vinyl releases. especially the #1s RSD, it seems they're just pulling whatever they can off the internet but really Mariah / columbia should provide the highest resolution images of the covers as possible for them. 

i'm confused. so is the cream butterfly vinyl numbered or not? i've seen some photos and some of them seem to be numbered but i don't think VMP advertised it as being limited to either 1000 or 2000 copies. i only bought my copy in february so I'm thinking it won't be. 

I'm so excited for my orders to come. I ordered the korean pressings of debut, emotions, mtv unplugged and music box. the music box korea vinyl has been on my wantlist for so long because of the less zoomed in cover. I also ordered the clear #1s japan vinyl and a 12" get your number vinyl. 

Edited by thetea

I have problem with Mariah Carey official store. I ordered Butterfly 2 LP, and did not get confirmation mail about dispacht or tracking info. Support answered after 3 mails and said it was "sent out on 29/03 and I should wait until 31/05" , completly ignoring my request for tracking info. I will as for refund for sure, get the album or not.

wasn't Desire, I Want to Turn Into You scheduled for april at some point? just saw that it's coming in august now :ghostface:

12 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

wasn't Desire, I Want to Turn Into You scheduled for april at some point? just saw that it's coming in august now :ghostface:

I got a mail a few days back about that too. A shame, really. :chick3:

7 hours ago, thetea said:

i'm confused. so is the cream butterfly vinyl numbered or not? i've seen some photos and some of them seem to be numbered but i don't think VMP advertised it as being limited to either 1000 or 2000 copies. i only bought my copy in february so I'm thinking it won't be. 

I'm so excited for my orders to come. I ordered the korean pressings of debut, emotions, mtv unplugged and music box. the music box korea vinyl has been on my wantlist for so long because of the less zoomed in cover. I also ordered the clear #1s japan vinyl and a 12" get your number vinyl. 

My cream pressing arrived numbered (#1439/2000). 

In hideous black sharpie too, if VMP weren’t going to do their usual gold foiled numbering they should have not even bothered :psyduck:

I went to a flea market and came across vinyl crates. I've found in them Janet's Go Deep and Someone to Call My Lover maxi singles for really cheap :jonnycat: they were under Michael's name along with some other Jackson family members, I guess they lumped the entire Jackson family with MJ :redface: 

Edited by bestfiction

after Britney, now we need to get Xtina's color vinyls in WW.

Been over a week since Urban Legends sent me the wrong LOUD vinyl (black instead of pink) and I've never received such bullshit email responses in my life (and after they asked for photos of the item which I provided.):

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience! We are reaching out to reassure you that we are working with our fulfillment center to collect more information regarding your order and the issues you are having.

Currently, we do not have any updates to provide but we will be back in touch as soon as we have up-to date information!   

Our apologies for any inconvenience this delay may cause. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and support,

Andrew + Urban Legends Store

Edited by MC54

Just got my Butterfly boxset, #73. 

1 hour ago, MC54 said:

Been over a week since Urban Legends sent me the wrong LOUD vinyl (black instead of pink) and I've never received such bullshit email responses in my life (and after they asked for photos of the item which I provided.):

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your patience! We are reaching out to reassure you that we are working with our fulfillment center to collect more information regarding your order and the issues you are having.

Currently, we do not have any updates to provide but we will be back in touch as soon as we have up-to date information!   

Our apologies for any inconvenience this delay may cause. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns in the meantime.

They just told me that they were "looking into this". :lmao:

1 hour ago, MC54 said:

Hi Mike,

Time to file a chargeback with your bank

• ATRL Moderator

I bought Kelela's Raven at a record store this morning :alexz3:

5 hours ago, MC54 said:

Hi Mike,

I screamed when I saw this unboxing vid this morning... he got a black instead of pink Loud, and a black instead of fruit punch Unapologetic. 

The distributors have screwed up so bad :deadbanana4:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqwGF5UMPjb/

15 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I screamed when I saw this unboxing vid this morning... he got a black instead of pink Loud, and a black instead of fruit punch Unapologetic. 

The distributors have screwed up so bad :deadbanana4:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqwGF5UMPjb/

The way I'm expecting my Ri vinyl to arrive this week. I swear, if they're black.

y2nPyAs.gif

On 4/7/2023 at 3:24 AM, Rocket said:

Obsessed with the new Cub Sport's album Jesus At The Gay Bar (Replay is that *****. Gaga found suffering from Fibromyalgia) so had to snatch a copy on vinyl.

They had an orange and coke bottle green variants, but I thought the gold was superior.

gold_vinyl_copy.jpg

Holy **** I had never heard of this band before and I’m OBSESSED so far listening, another incredible queer band to follow :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Holy **** I had never heard of this band before and I’m OBSESSED so far listening, another incredible queer band to follow :jonny5:

Yaaas. Welcome to the club.

Keep Me Safe is hitting hard today. Considering buying the other two variants on vinyl, just to support them.

:alexz:

On 4/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, Power love said:

This is the main reason why i don’t like buying from them. Both 3LW & Jessica Simpson vinyl are 35$ each! Are they out of their minds? Ain’t nobody checking for them for it to be that much. #girlbye.:gaynetcat4:

Slow down babe! You got one special vinyl & now you want the world! One step at a time let’s be blessed with what we got :gaynetcat3:

I really hope the 3LW vinyls especially go on sale or clearance soon :mazen: I really want them but that price is not it :rip: 

I'd love to get Jessica's too but not as much as 3LW's which I never even thought would ever see a vinyl release

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.