Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

This isn't really helpful right now, but I usually find a ton of small sellers who pop up on RSD (and most are linked here). Unless it's a super rare vinyl you should be able to wait and follow this thread - that's how I've gotten most of mine.

I'll be around in this thread on that day, so hopefully I'll be able to see a link for that release.  Thanks for the reassurance. 

2 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

If there's anything I've learned concerning RSD over the years, it's to not give into the hype/ stress if you don't acquire something the day of- but this also really depends on what you're looking for.

Obvs if it's a very limited high demand item, yeah it's going be difficult to find- but there have been countless times I believe I'm going to miss out on an RSD pressing, I buy it the of, and then months later I see on Discogs its easily available and sometimes for a discounted price as well :rip:

I don't know how big Madison Ave was in the UK, but I can't imagine it being a highly sought release- and I don't mean that in any shady way. 

No shade taken.

I did freak out getting the Shygirl Alias Remix from the UK because of how rare the original Alias pressing is but I really didn't need to freak out and I can find that pressing for $32 on Discogs right now so as long as it's a similar situation I should be good :heart2: 

5 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I don't know how big Madison Ave was in the UK, but I can't imagine it being a highly sought release- and I don't mean that in any shady way. 

They had one #1 single and that's it. Being an Aussie act, they were more "popular" here, but I don't even see it selling out here.

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

No shade taken.

I did freak out getting the Shygirl Alias Remix from the UK because of how rare the original Alias pressing is but I really didn't need to freak out and I can find that pressing for $32 on Discogs right now so as long as it's a similar situation I should be good :heart2: 

Exactly, exactly!

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

They had one #1 single and that's it. Being an Aussie act, they were more "popular" here, but I don't even see it selling out here.

Honestly I would totally get a Don't Call Me Baby 7" if it were a thing. A classic bop :fish1:

• ATRL Moderator

Who The Hell Are You and Everything You Need are bops as well, but obviously DCMB is one of the greatest dance songs of all time so it's hard to compare

the Y2K dance is just the best genre for me and I'd love to expand my collection.  I have 12'' singles of Mel C's I Turn To You, Delerium's Silence, Daniel Bedingfield's Gotta Get Thru This, 4 Strings Take Me Away, a few recent compilation albums, and Goldfrapp's discography but I'd love to keep expanding beyond this.

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

Who The Hell Are You and Everything You Need are bops as well, but obviously DCMB is one of the greatest dance songs of all time so it's hard to compare

the Y2K dance is just the best genre for me and I'd love to expand my collection.  I have 12'' singles of Mel C's I Turn To You, Delerium's Silence, Daniel Bedingfield's Gotta Get Thru This, 4 Strings Take Me Away, a few recent compilation albums, and Goldfrapp's discography but I'd love to keep expanding beyond this.

I have a 90s/y2k dance music playlist that's my fav for cardio, so I get it 

The ultimate BOP:katie2:

I think the only releases I want this year are Taylor and Orville Peck... I'll wait for Madonna's American Life EP to go on clearance in a few months :eli:

This Butterfly VMP order has been controversial, but the pressings are beautiful. :rip:  I've wished on BIBO on vinyl for a while, leaning towards getting it. 

SOS is getting a wide release because I've seen it in other retailers. No sign of variants yet. Likely a Target variant or a UO variant.

Preorders:

- The Show by Niall Horan

:rip:

On 4/5/2023 at 11:44 AM, thetea said:

i just got scammed by a facebook marketplace seller. he was selling a VMP daydream for $30 soI transferred him the money on paypal and then he yelled at me saying that I paid him wrong and that he couldn't access his paypal anymore because of how I sent him the money:rip:

IMG-2221.pngIMG-2220.png

Always pay through Goods and Services, not Friends and Family. If they get defensive about G&S, don't bother processing with the transaction.

xHGJ6Vt.gif

Anybody got the anniversary pressing of Isolation yet? What does it look like? I kinda want it but I already have the first pressing. :foxaylove3:

Edited by SUPER CANNES

1 hour ago, Mellark said:

This Butterfly VMP order has been controversial, but the pressings are beautiful. :rip:  I've wished on BIBO on vinyl for a while, leaning towards getting it. 

SOS is getting a wide release because I've seen it in other retailers. No sign of variants yet. Likely a Target variant or a UO variant.

Preorders:

- The Show by Niall Horan

:rip:

Always pay through Goods and Services, not Friends and Family. If they get defensive about G&S, don't bother processing with the transaction.

xHGJ6Vt.gif

Mama that’s 💯 % a scam. He’s playing games. You need to report ha because you have no clue on how many ppl he’s doing this too :biblio:

2 minutes ago, SUPER CANNES said:

Anybody got the anniversary pressing of Isolation yet? What does it look like? I kinda want it but I already have the first pressing. :foxaylove3:

I'm sticking with my OG copy :chick1:

Obsessed with the new Cub Sport's album Jesus At The Gay Bar (Replay is that *****. Gaga found suffering from Fibromyalgia) so had to snatch a copy on vinyl.

They had an orange and coke bottle green variants, but I thought the gold was superior.

gold_vinyl_copy.jpg

3 hours ago, MC54 said:

Am I the only one who's very tempted to reply to the Utah Mariah account with a "just shut the **** up already...." GIF? You got your boxes while many others didn't. Who cares what numbers are on them? The "museum" you've created in your mother's basement is very happy. Move on lol 

We need to jump them. 

No SZA variant for Target, so far... yet. To be honest, it's RCA so I have low expectations.

9 minutes ago, Attitude said:

We need to jump them. 

and it was never that serious... that museum is corny atp and VMP needs to get it together

Edited by Mellark

7 hours ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

I wonder how this will pan out.

29 minutes ago, Kiel D-01 said:

My Butterfly box set hasn’t been shipped yet. :rip: 

Mine gets here next week. I'm mad Utah Mariah got it before me.

39 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I'm sticking with my OG copy :chick1:

Thanks for the pics. :celestial2:
It’s cute but I wish they’d chosen a different color. :frown:

So I cancelled and got a refund for my Ray of Light holographic sleeve (I wasn’t paying £50 for a sleeve!), and it literally just got delivered to me anyway :rip:

6 hours ago, Rocket said:

I am screaming at VMP copying and pasting the same response to everyone on Twitter though.

:deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, MC54 said:

Am I the only one who's very tempted to reply to the Utah Mariah account with a "just shut the **** up already...." GIF? You got your boxes while many others didn't. Who cares what numbers are on them? The "museum" you've created in your mother's basement is very happy. Move on lol 

let's do it :clap3:

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Yeah, this has been out for a while and got awful reviews. Wait for a better repress sis :hug:

Oh I have the og white pressing but I knew this has been out of print for ages so wanted to point out :bird:

the Ellie Goulding store sent me three vinyl, but I asked to cancel my order a few months ago, they told me I could keep them :skull:

1 hour ago, Joyride said:

the Ellie Goulding store sent me three vinyl, but I asked to cancel my order a few months ago, they told me I could keep them :skull:

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

We need to jump them. 

My gold set "#307/"2,000"" came last week and it's quite pretty, but I gotta say, I'm shocked at how bad a scan the front cover is of the box. They could've sourced the original DPI photographs, but.. all in all, it's pretty. I wish the inside had a little bit more album centric themed content like the booklet, (the plain text sleeves are a little dull).

But it's definitely one of the best quality sounding vinyls I've ever owned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.