Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

Skipping those Justin releases. they’re cute, but I’m tired of these lazy ass labels not pressing the FULL version of albums.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Double post, not sure what's happening with my browser, sorry :deadbanana4:

Edited by Musicology

Of course USPS lost a record I recently sold through Discogs. Thankfully it wasn’t a super expensive/rare record… but this is like the fourth media mail package I’ve either sent or was supposed to receive in the past year that’s disappeared in their possession. This sh*t is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I’m so over them 

Just bought the LOUD vinyl at a Walmart, I’m so happy :WAP: now I just need AGLM and MOTS

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Hopefully this appears on the UK site, as the US site doesn't ship to Aus.

How in this day and age do you not ship to every ******* country. Literally a joke.

There are many online stores that don't ship WW, such a joke.

1 minute ago, Musicology said:

There are many online stores that don't ship WW, such a joke.

Seriously. Like, don’t you want our money?

What happened to Aaliyah releases from Blackground.2? Someone received the splatter vinyls? It sayus they are shipping February, but seems nobody received them....

29 minutes ago, whitneyhoustonlegend said:

What happened to Aaliyah releases from Blackground.2? Someone received the splatter vinyls? It sayus they are shipping February, but seems nobody received them....

Who knows. They won't communicate and just keep pushing the release date back. If you email them you just get back a generic answer of, "we are still waiting for the update from the manufacturer".

Mind you these were announced in April of 2021.

17 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Who knows. They won't communicate and just keep pushing the release date back. If you email them you just get back a generic answer of, "we are still waiting for the update from the manufacturer".

Mind you these were announced in April of 2021.

They don't even reply. I received email, that the "I care for you" and "Ultimate Aaliyah" got damaged, and they returned. Asked for my paypal for refund, and nothing. I sent them numerous emails, and silence. Strange... 2 years no releases, and many people preordered... this is not normal. Something is going on in Blackground and i think the family has to do something....

They also talked about Aaliyah posthumous album last year, and silence....

Edited by whitneyhoustonlegend

23 minutes ago, whitneyhoustonlegend said:

They don't even reply. I received email, that the "I care for you" and "Ultimate Aaliyah" got damaged, and they returned. Asked for my paypal for refund, and nothing. I sent them numerous emails, and silence. Strange... 2 years no releases, and many people preordered... this is not normal. Something is going on in Blackground and i think the family has to do something....

The fact that the PayPal dispute window has closed now as well, so they can't even do anything if this whole vinyl thing goes **** up.

33 minutes ago, whitneyhoustonlegend said:

Looking at my cancellation email from 2021, it looks like the merch company (topdrawer) that handled Iggy Azalea's vinyl is also producing the D2C vinyl. If anything they've been produced and are sitting in some warehouse somewhere. :deadbanana:

I'd shoot them one more email before contacting Paypal support to try to get a refund through that. When contacting Paypal, make sure you use the chat to talk to a real person. Last resort, I remember some Iggy fans asking for refunds through the parent company's IG (https://www.instagram.com/empire.merch/?hl=en).  

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

it looks like the merch company (topdrawer) that handled Iggy Azalea's vinyl is also producing the D2C vinyl. If anything they've been produced and are sitting in some warehouse somewhere. :deadbanana:

No way :rip: that company is a mess (based on what happened with the Iggy vinyl). I bet the vinyl don't even exist :dies:

My Cracker Island variant from Amazon arrived a day early and I'm mad. 

While the pressing itself looks good and sounds phenomenal - no noise, crystal clear sound - the packaging looks like it's been on a trip around the world. All four corners are bent, visibly. It has a seam split in the top and the paper inner sleeve is completely ripped on one side.

Unfortunately it's out of stock on Amazon, so I can't ask to exchange it... 

1 hour ago, Heldenzeit said:

My Cracker Island variant from Amazon arrived a day early and I'm mad. 

While the pressing itself looks good and sounds phenomenal - no noise, crystal clear sound - the packaging looks like it's been on a trip around the world. All four corners are bent, visibly. It has a seam split in the top and the paper inner sleeve is completely ripped on one side.

Unfortunately it's out of stock on Amazon, so I can't ask to exchange it... 

make up a sob story so you can get a refund without having to return it. 

one of the members here does it a lot but can’t remember their name. 

15 minutes ago, Quicksand said:

Do we know how many there were to begin with?

I think both the red and clear variants were 5k. There are 2.6k clear left

22 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I think both the red and clear variants were 5k. There are 2.6k clear left

I'm not TOO in love with the opaque red color but I feel like I'll regret not getting it when it sells out :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.