Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

14 minutes ago, Indie said:

Yeah I feel you, I'm in Canada and I've accepted that some pressings just won't be viable for me to own.

For what it's worth, I know you've had a bad experience with Fnac but they're by far the most affordable place to get the dark pink outside of the US/UK. I ordered the retail exclusive variant of Chemtrails through them and I had zero issues! But I understand if you don't to give them another chance. You could try Discogs in March as well.

You’re right, maybe I should check out Fnac later and see what it comes to. Just curious, did you pay customs when you ordered from there last time? It was kind of weird because, despite all the annoyances of vinyl collecting in Canada, I don’t pay customs very often so I wasn’t sure why I had to from Fnac last time (and they split my order in two shipments for no apparent reason so I paid twice, lmao!)

Also, what variants did you decide to get for the new record?

Thank you again for your help btw! :hug:

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, likefoxesdo said:

You’re right, maybe I should check out Fnac later and see what it comes to. Just curious, did you pay customs when you ordered from there last time? It was kind of weird because, despite all the annoyances of vinyl collecting in Canada, I don’t pay customs very often so I wasn’t sure why I had to from Fnac last time (and they split my order in two shipments for no apparent reason so I paid twice, lmao!)

Also, what variants did you decide to get for the new record?

Thank you again for your help btw! :hug:

I don’t believe I did pay customs, I’ve ordered tens of records internationally and I’ve only had to pay import fees like 3-4 times. I don’t know the logistics but I guess sometimes you just get unlucky and customs decides to charge you. 

I’m not much of a variant collector but Lana is my #1 fav so I ordered all of them :gaycat6: 

I hope you’re able to get the dark pink. Also Sunrise Records is the Canadian retailer who usually gets any retail exclusive variants, but it’s hit or miss whether they’ll actually get them. They did sell the red variant of Chemtrails and I know they sold the Target variants of Folklore and Evermore as well - but you might have to wait until after release for them to show up there. 

Edited by Indie

1 hour ago, sasashite said:

So the Amazon variant is sold out already :gaycat6:

Literally was just about to buy and it's gone. Will it be restocked? I was going to buy from the UK store, but someone told me to just wait :gaycat6:

I would guess they'd be restocked, maybe not the store exclusive, but it's crazy that almost all the variants are close to sold out, if not completely, after 24 hours. My number one rule when it comes to Lana vinyl is pre-order immediately. :lmao: We never know what the quantities are. BB was pretty limited. 

I was going to wait it out and just buy the light green pressing when it releases at my store but I don't know if I should just pre-order it now. Only problem is that I might not get the vinyl on release day but oh well. :celestial5:

1 hour ago, sasashite said:

So the Amazon variant is sold out already :gaycat6:

38 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Literally was just about to buy and it's gone. Will it be restocked? I was going to buy from the UK store, but someone told me to just wait :gaycat6:

The album isn't coming for another 3 months. It will most likely restock during that time, or close to release day. I wouldn't panic now.

The only one that has a slimmer chance of restocking is the webstore variant. 

13 hours ago, Indie said:

I don’t believe I did pay customs, I’ve ordered tens of records internationally and I’ve only had to pay import fees like 3-4 times. I don’t know the logistics but I guess sometimes you just get unlucky and customs decides to charge you. 

I’m not much of a variant collector but Lana is my #1 fav so I ordered all of them :gaycat6: 

I hope you’re able to get the dark pink. Also Sunrise Records is the Canadian retailer who usually gets any retail exclusive variants, but it’s hit or miss whether they’ll actually get them. They did sell the red variant of Chemtrails and I know they sold the Target variants of Folklore and Evermore as well - but you might have to wait until after release for them to show up there. 

Just like you, Lana is my all time fav (your taste!) and I already had the other 4 variants ordered so I decided to go ahead and give Fnac another try for the dark pink :redface: I guess I’ll see whether “fool me twice” applies here or not lol

Tbh, most of the problems I had with my last experience only really happened because I ordered two Lana items (which caused the random separate shipments for no apparent reason.. which caused the double customs fees.. which resulted in one of the shipments being a Neil Young record instead of a Lana record (lmao).. which resulted in Fnac being unwilling to help me in literally *any* way). But I understand things just happen sometimes and hopefully with only one item in this order, I won’t get so unlucky. Fingers crossed!

And forgive all my ranting but apparently I’m stressed about these variants this time around! :lmao:

is there any EU store that imports UO variants? I really want a colored One In A Million Aaliyah, but there's no way the Blackground records one is ever coming out lol (and I kinda want to cancel my order there since I got the VMP Aaliyah already)

15 hours ago, James_Dean said:

She's talking about the green indie exclusive variant possibly being split with UO... very confusing

cackling at her literally dm'ing Lana's burner IG :rip:

I am curious to know if we will get any pressings for S.O.S. :rip:  It has 23 songs so I am guessing it will be pressed on a 3LP unless they can cram all 23 songs onto a 2LP

17 hours ago, Mellark said:

I am curious to know if we will get any pressings for S.O.S. :rip:  It has 23 songs so I am guessing it will be pressed on a 3LP unless they can cram all 23 songs onto a 2LP

i thought it was confirmed nnn there's an alt cover for it and all, and length wise it should be fine on a 2LP

19 hours ago, Mellark said:

Definitely, it's coming. And 2LP will be fine, the album is only 68 minutes. Lana's upcoming album is a little less than 80 minutes on 2LP. 

14 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I just counted... I added 93 records to my collection this year :rip:

I surprisingly didn't buy much records this year so I added around 10.

3 hours ago, Mellark said:

I surprisingly didn't buy much records this year so I added around 10.

Proud of you bb :clap3: I’m sure your wallet thanks you!

4 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Proud of you bb :clap3: I’m sure your wallet thanks you!

I think I bought Cinema, EICS, C&C, Wallows, HH, Surrender, Renaissance, Sigrid, Brol, Special - but it wasn't a lot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.