Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

1 hour ago, Kiel D-01 said:

Someone just tried scamming me on eBay, claiming they received the standard black pressing of the colour pressing I sent to them. :biblio: I am fortunate enough that eBay sided with me and paid the buyer on my behalf instead. Anyway, he made the mistake of using his work address and personal mobile number in his postage details. 

I have sent a formal complaint to the company he's working for, including the CEO. On top of this I also opened a case against him on National Fraud Intelligence Bureau for review. The fact that he basically got the record I sold to him for free doesn't sit right with me, I ain't letting him off that easy. 

The person who scammed me, if you're an ATRL member, I truly hope you rot. :heart:

I’m glad you’re going to extreme lengths and not letting it fly. There’s a special place in hell for people who pull that ****. That should be multiple strikes on their eBay account (a deletion even, imo). Who knows who else they’ve done it to on other commerce platforms! Happy for you that eBay sided with you. My advice would be to always take pictures of what you’re sending out, from the record to the packaging process — on video! But you shouldn’t have to do that. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the standard Aaliyah being pushed back to December 20th when almost everyone has the VMP version. Blackground is such a fraud. 

5 hours ago, Kiel D-01 said:

Someone just tried scamming me on eBay, claiming they received the standard black pressing of the colour pressing I sent to them. :biblio: I am fortunate enough that eBay sided with me and paid the buyer on my behalf instead. Anyway, he made the mistake of using his work address and personal mobile number in his postage details. 

I have sent a formal complaint to the company he's working for, including the CEO. On top of this I also opened a case against him on National Fraud Intelligence Bureau for review. The fact that he basically got the record I sold to him for free doesn't sit right with me, I ain't letting him off that easy. 

The person who scammed me, if you're an ATRL member, I truly hope you rot. :heart:

nnnn

This is why I prefer selling stuff locally. Too many shady people online. :lmao:

3 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Not the standard Aaliyah being pushed back to December 20th when almost everyone has the VMP version. Blackground is such a fraud. 

Those things are never coming. Barry is such a scammer.  :skull:

4 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I really wonder what's the hold up :rip:

@Kiel D-01 can you share what their name is on eBay? i had a similar interaction. that, or i'd at least like to blacklist them. thanks!

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

nnnn

This is why I prefer selling stuff locally. Too many shady people online. :lmao:

How do you go about that though? I have more than enough stuff of my own that I would like to rid of, but selling thru sites like Mercari and Depop are the only way it seems.

6 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I really wonder what's the hold up :rip:

At this point, I don't know what is worse Barry stealing people's money or Iggy's signed vinyl delay mess?

If I see another gay Swiftie show up on my Twitter with all four Midnights variants and call them "vinyls" I think I'm going to lose my mind :rip:

8 hours ago, Jotham said:

If I see another gay Swiftie show up on my Twitter with all four Midnights variants and call them "vinyls" I think I'm going to lose my mind :rip:

I’m tired of seeing/hearing about that damn album altogether. Her fans are so annoying.

37 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I’m tired of seeing/hearing about that damn album altogether. Her fans are so annoying.

+1 especially in that one vinyl community.... all the posts unrelated to vinyl from her stans :shakeno: 

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

+1 especially in that one vinyl community.... all the posts unrelated to vinyl from her stans :shakeno: 

Oh, you know I had to throw my shots :fan: I wish the moderator would tell them to chill because it’s spam at this point :rip: 

Anywho, I went into Barnes & Noble earlier and it was a MESS. The vinyl section was nothing more than four small cardboard bins with records literally shoved into them, so much that you couldn’t even flip through the records :mummy: I had to take a good amount out just to flip through and when I did you could see that a lot of the records were damaged  :toofunny3: Oh, and Adele’s section for 30 (which was full) was priced at 25% off :deadbanana2: 

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

Anywho, I went into Barnes & Noble earlier and it was a MESS. The vinyl section was nothing more than four small cardboard bins with records literally shoved into them, so much that you couldn’t even flip through the records :mummy: I had to take a good amount out just to flip through and when I did you could see that a lot of the records were damaged  :toofunny3: Oh, and Adele’s section for 30 (which was full) was priced at 25% off :deadbanana2: 

I fear that even at 90% off they still wouldn't move.

14 hours ago, Kings. said:

How do you go about that though? I have more than enough stuff of my own that I would like to rid of, but selling thru sites like Mercari and Depop are the only way it seems.

I use OfferUp, Facebook marketplace, and Nextdoor. I only accept venmo or cash and meet in a public area with a friend. I think it's easy for me to sell stuff locally because I live in a pretty gay area. :spin:

On 10/22/2022 at 11:53 AM, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I am so glad I cancelled my blackground preorder omg :rip:

On 10/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Is this the same copy I've had on pre-order since August of 2021 :rip:

Doomed.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:56 AM, Jotham said:

Has anyone heard of any updates on the Love Sux vinyl? According to this page on Target it's supposed to release a month from now but I haven't heard much news about it so far.

https://www.target.com/p/avril-lavigne-love-sux-explicit-lyrics-vinyl/-/A-87708277

Coming November 25th

confirmed here and on a few other stores!

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/avril-lavigne-love-sux/hnum/11070687

So, who’s next in the line to clog up the pressing plants with their 25 color variants?

1 hour ago, Musicology said:

So, who’s next in the line to clog up the pressing plants with their 25 color variants?

Taylor Swift probably has another 4 variants for that 3am version of her boring album + 3 variants of a re-recordings. 

1 hour ago, Musicology said:

Kylegend Minogue is ready to clog up the plants. And rightfully so.

23 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Taylor Swift probably has another 4 variants for that 3am version of her boring album + 3 variants of a re-recordings. 

:dancehall2:

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Kylegend Minogue is ready to clog up the plants. And rightfully so.

Yes, give us 20th anniversary Body Language preorder, X 15th anniversary deluxe edition vinyl and NEW album. :gayliecat1:

Today arrived to me Dignity, #1's (RSD) & Say My Name (Picture RSD) :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.