Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Usher’s My Way (25th anniversary) is up at Vinyl Me Please with new cover art and on clear and grey splatter vinyl

Wait at the price for that Usher record :biblionny: $50 ($55 for non-members) is a ridiculous price tag for a 10 track album and a ton of remixes that no one asked for on the second LP. this could’ve been a 1LP release on gatefold for $40 at best.

Just now, Kings. said:

Wait at the price for that Usher record :biblionny: $50 ($55 for non-members) is a ridiculous price tag for a 10 track album and a ton of remixes that no one asked for on the second LP. this could’ve been a 1LP release on gatefold for $40 at best.

The fact that Confessions never sold out and was on sale for a period of time, I see the same thing happening with this album as well.

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

The fact that Confessions never sold out and was on sale for a period of time, I see the same thing happening with this album as well.

Oh :eek: This is reassuring 

10 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

weyes blood - and in the darkness, hearts aglow

https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=93267
Loser edition is clear

I wonder if that's just for the UK? Or maybe it's a mistake... cause in the US, sites are reporting it to be purple

47kV8uc.png

Even the label's merch site lists the Loser edition as purple

https://megamart.subpop.com/products/weyes-blood_and-in-the-darkness-hearts-aglow

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I wonder if that's just for the UK? Or maybe it's a mistake... cause in the US, sites are reporting it to be purple

47kV8uc.png

Even the label's merch site lists the Loser edition as purple

https://megamart.subpop.com/products/weyes-blood_and-in-the-darkness-hearts-aglow

Resident has a clear mockup and calls it "indie Loser edition"

I assume purple is for the US and clear is for Europe?

1 minute ago, bestfiction said:

Resident has a clear mockup and calls it "indie Loser edition"

I assume purple is for the US and clear is for Europe?

Yeah, you're right! I just checked Roughtrade's UK site and they also have the clear as indie exclusive, but purple on their US site :chick1:

24 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

SNATCHED :jonny5:

I don’t even listen to her and I grabbed a copy based on the strength that her other album sells out all the time :toofunny3: If I don’t like it I can always resell it. And the pink variant is up on U.S. Rough Trade btw!

5 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I don’t even listen to her and I grabbed a copy based on the strength that her other album sells out all the time :toofunny3: If I don’t like it I can always resell it. And the pink variant is up on U.S. Rough Trade btw!

She was an acquired taste for me. I didn't get super into her till earlier this year, so this is the first era I get to experience of hers... but yeah, better to snatch than miss out :gaycat:  

I ordered from the US site thank you :heart2:

I probably want the UO one, not really impressed with other colors so far

Knowing her we'll get a VMP edition, maybe TTL. I don't expect her to do amazon/target/etc exclusives

On 9/9/2022 at 9:24 AM, bestfiction said:

Weyes Blood is coming back. @SUPER CANNES are we ready to collect 300000 variants this time around?

The Memes Archive on Twitter: "a thread of squidward from spongebob memes,  reaction pics and gay edits https://t.co/Gq4NaRd8NU" / Twitter

My bank account was definitely not ready but I’ve just pre-ordered the Rough Trade pressing. :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

This Saturday will be one year since I preordered the signed Iggy record  :fish:

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

This Saturday will be one year since I preordered the signed Iggy record  :fish:

She has time to respond to Barbs, but can't give us an update on the vinyl.

bippy-bipdoof.gif

• ATRL Moderator

i'll be on the lookout for a dinked edition of weyes but other than that i've preordered the pink

4 hours ago, James_Dean said:

She was an acquired taste for me. I didn't get super into her till earlier this year, so this is the first era I get to experience of hers... but yeah, better to snatch than miss out :gaycat:  

I ordered from the US site thank you :heart2:

I’m glad I did snatch one, they’re all gone at Rough Trade :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

She has time to respond to Barbs, but can't give us an update on the vinyl.

bippy-bipdoof.gif

I mean…she knows where the money truly is :cm: Jk, but it’s that damn merch team she formally employed, their fault. I can’t believe they deactivated their email handle, but that’s ok. I got two free shirts out of them :fan:

Edited by Kings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.