Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

8 hours ago, Kings. said:

Hey @James_Dean could we (me) get an OP update with all the variants of Hold The Girl? Here’s a few to help :fan:

‪- apple red‬
‪- clear/red (indie exclusive)‬
‪- ?/black galaxy (rough trade exclusive)‬
‪- blue w/ alt cover art (Spotify exclusive)‬
‪- smokey w/ 3D printed figure (BloodRecs exclusive)‬
‪- super clear (webstore exclusive)‬
‪- grape & black galaxy (UO exclusive)‬

- black ice (hmv exclusive)

- silver & grey marble (Sound Merch AUS exclusive)

I think the lava one is missing

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

They pressed all these versions of HTG when a repress for Rina is what a lot of fans want as well :rip:ugh

5 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Rina Sawayama clogging up the plants!

I still blame Brendon! at the Disco. Those variants are going to collect dust for years to come! Tragic! 

2 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I still blame Brendon! at the Disco. Those variants are going to collect dust for years to come! Tragic! 

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers too. :fan:

11 hours ago, Attitude said:

Rina Sawayama clogging up the plants!

And Taylor is right ahead of her, PATD, Adele, 5SOS and RHCP :toofunny3: She extended the run of those 3 “special” Midnights records to another week of release :rip: 

5 hours ago, Rocket said:

Girl on vinyl. 

:jonny4:

Omg

I still need to pick up Neon Nights though :jonny:

Madonna - Erotica 12" Picture disc 

https://s.warnermusic.com.au/collections/madonna/products/erotica-30th-anniversary-picture-disc

Originally scheduled for release in the U.K. during the fall of 1992, the picture disc features a colorized version of the famous “toe sucking” photo taken from Madonna’s Sex book, which was released the same week as the EROTICA album. However, the picture disc was cancelled unexpectedly just ahead of release, as the visual was considered too explicit for front cover use in light of a controversy at the time related to paparazzi shots of a high society figure that were published in U.K. tabloids a few weeks prior. The manufactured copies were promptly destroyed, with only a few finding their way into the public’s hands, only adding to the infamous allure of the release. Now, after a 30-year wait, the “Erotica” picture disc is available now for pre-orders and is set for release on October 21.

33 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Link leads to nothing? :confused:

Looks like it's been taken down but up on Amazon anyway. It's coming 

59 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Not they destroyed as many copies as they could :deadbanana2: The pitchforks were out for Madonna back in the day.

-

-

I was told earlier today that Iggy Azalea’s webstore deactivated their email, so why requests can’t be sent. Idk what to do because I’m STILL waiting on my standard and deluxe signed copies, the former of which Iggy already ******* signed. People that cancelled their orders recently had those copies released, and fans that purchased them as recently as 2 days ago had them ship out already :biblionny: I’m about to dispute that original charge with my bank and get my money back because this is beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile, Iggy has cut ties with that merchandising team, so I doubt we’ll get any real answers as to where our orders are or when they’ll ship out :rip:

Edited by Kings.

Madonna - Erotica (single, picture disc) 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDMZQNB8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=15YTNH5VDMTSQ&keywords=madonna+erotica+picture+disc&qid=1662665086&sprefix=madonna+erotica+picti%2Caps%2C672&sr=8-3

I wonder if Madonna will put up a store exclusive :matty: but I’m gonna grab this regardless.

4 minutes ago, Kings. said:

-I was told earlier today that Iggy Azalea’s webstore deactivated their email, so why requests can’t be sent. Idk what to do because I’m STILL waiting on my standard and deluxe signed copies, the former of which Iggy already ******* signed. People that cancelled their orders recently had those copies released, and fans that purchased them as recently as 2 days ago had them ship out already :biblionny: I’m about to dispute that original charge with my bank and get my money back because this is beyond ridiculous. Meanwhile, Iggy has cut ties with that merchandising team, so I doubt we’ll get any real answers as to where our orders are or when they’ll ship out :rip:

What the hell? Not us having to wait over a year for this release and people are getting theirs days after ordering. :deadbanana2:

$25 for one song, an instrumental and a radio edit? Girl bye. I thought this was the actual ALBUM. They are two for two with not giving what needs to be gave. We asked for Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy, Erotica (the album), Celebration (on colored vinyl for the first time) and other gems. Not a remix album and one song on a picture disc. I’m fuming! 

Why is Mariah Carey the only one who

did her anniversary rollout right? “Madonna 40” could’ve been amazing, even if they saved it for next year just to make sure everything would be ready. 

Spoiler

I still bought it, though. With my hypocritical, enabling ass.

5 minutes ago, Attitude said:

What the hell? Not us having to wait over a year for this release and people are getting theirs days after ordering. :deadbanana2:

I was SHOCKED when I saw people posting about shipments in the vinyl community. I really don’t even want the ******* record anymore. :toofunny3:

Y'all aren't getting it. The og Erotica picture disc is a mythical collectors item. Fans have estimated that only around 100 copies have made it to the public, and now they go for huuuge money. I saw one at one store in Paris and it was being sold for thousands of euros. It was like seeing a Holy Grail of Madonna's memorabilia lol

Needless to say that multiple times bootlegs of this picture disc have been produced and even they were selling for hundreds of dollars

17 minutes ago, Kings. said:

OH??

Now this… is just absolutely ******* gorgeous! Chef’s kiss!!!! :jonny6:

9 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Y'all aren't getting it. The og Erotica picture disc is a mythical collectors item. Fans have estimated that only around 100 copies have made it to the public, and now they go for huuuge money. I saw one at one store in Paris and it was being sold for thousands of euros. It was like seeing a Holy Grail of Madonna's memorabilia lol

Needless to say that multiple times bootlegs of this picture disc have been produced and even they were selling for hundreds of dollars

Thanks for this. I had no idea. 

I bought it anyway. I just hope 2023 is more focused on studio albums and compilations. And my issue with picture discs (besides how most of them sound) is the cheap PVC sleeves, so I’ll have to buy my own picture disc sleeve to house it in. Picture discs beautiful for the aesthetic, so I’m glad they exist. I always say they’re more of a collectors item for display than something you actually spin. 

Erotica picture disc SINGLE is a cute lil memorabilia item :swan:

I preordered it from Amazon, but it definitely could have gone for 50% less than the retail price for a bloody picture disc with 3 tracks :rip:

We better get the album repressed in a deluxe packaging- OMG WHAT IF THEY REPRESS THE SEX BOOK SDKFJASKJHDFKSAJ MY MIND :clownny:

Does anyone know the total pressing numbers for Hold the Girl?

I saw this posted elsewhere:

- Apple Red (Standard)
- Clear w/ Red Splatter (/5000)
- Lava (/4000)
- Clear (/4000)
- Yellow + Black Galaxy (/4000)
- Clear w/ Black Smoke (/2500)
- Spotify Blue (/1000)
- Purple + Black Galaxy (/???)
- [UK Only] Translucent Black Ice (/???)
- [Australia Only] Silver/Gray Marble (/???)

I really want the UO Purple/Black Galaxy but I don't want to wait and it sells out or something. Is there a way to find out for the rest? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.