Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Mess :rip: at least they're notifying the sender for you. I didn't know that was a thing 

I didn’t know it was a thing either, but I guess it’s better than receiving it damaged :cm: 

So Blackground doesn't do cancellations...? :biblionny:oh hell no, I ended up ordering the VMP of Aaliyah and while I wish the discs were darker I love the packaging, wish I can cancel the Blackground order after them taking money from me for a year :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

You forgot to mention her webstore is password protected, here it is: MOTIONSICKNESS

-

I wanna know why they didn’t just press the deluxe version with all 13 tracks…it is the 5th anniversary after all, even Smoke Signals (Reprise) would’ve sufficed seeing as though some later pressings had that included :toofunny3:

Edited by Kings.

18 hours ago, Rocket said:

They'll be clogging up landfills next.

zYxrqY9.gif

Dylan :WAP:

Did anyone buy the Nellyville repress? I love it. Unpopular opinion, but it’s better than Country Grammar.

4 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Is it common for OBI strips to be glued to the vinyl sleeve?

i got the Kate bush one from hmv and it was glued but the newer Bjork ones for Debut, Post and Homogenic weren’t glued. Is it likely this one will be glued to the sleeve? I kinda hate it when they are.

Just now, greento said:

Is it common for OBI strips to be glued to the vinyl sleeve?

i got the Kate bush one from hmv and it was glued but the newer Bjork ones for Debut, Post and Homogenic weren’t glued. Is it likely this one will be glued to the sleeve? I kinda hate it when they are.

I don't think it's common, that would be a big yikes... The only obi releases that I own are two Madonna RSD maxi singles and they aren't glued to the sleeve. Maybe someone on here who likes collecting Assai exclusives could give some more insight

5 hours ago, ALA said:

So Blackground doesn't do cancellations...? :biblionny:oh hell no, I ended up ordering the VMP of Aaliyah and while I wish the discs were darker I love the packaging, wish I can cancel the Blackground order after them taking money from me for a year :deadbanana2:

As far as I know, they do. I was unsure of asking for a refund due to their FAQ stating they don't do refunds, but I still went ahead and asked for one. They ended up cancelling it.

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

As far as I know, they do. I was unsure of asking for a refund due to their FAQ stating they don't do refunds, but I still went ahead and asked for one. They ended up cancelling it.

Hmmm ok cool I think I'll try and contacting them anyway!

11 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I don't think it's common, that would be a big yikes... The only obi releases that I own are two Madonna RSD maxi singles and they aren't glued to the sleeve. Maybe someone on here who likes collecting Assai exclusives could give some more insight

Okay thanks for replying! Maybe hmv did it for earlier batches of Centenary editions and got bad feedback so stopped for future releases

19 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Mariah's Fantasy single from UO is sold out.... the sale price never came. 

I'm devastated

nPbOIKk.gif

It was on sale last week??‍♂️If I go to the mall this weekend I’ll grab you a copy, but don’t hold me to that :matty:

15 minutes ago, Kings. said:

It was on sale last week??‍♂️If I go to the mall this weekend I’ll grab you a copy, but don’t hold me to that :matty:

WHAT :deadbanana4: HOW'D I MISS THAT OMG 

If you manage to find it, it'd be much appreciated! :heart2:

The Taylor variants omfg :jonny: if this girl puts out more versions in the coming weeks I can't 

Has anyone bought 2 or more vinyls from the same user on Discogs and had to pay for separate shipping? I want to buy 2 vinyls from the same user (from Spain) but not sure if they’ll charge me twice for shipping :dancehall3:

On 8/30/2022 at 11:23 PM, Kings. said:

Please do. Her music is so so so good! Here’s a few songs I favor a lot from her (and the last two songs are from her upcoming album!):

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you. I’ll check them out :sun:

Snatched all 3 of the Midnights variants. Taylor's resell prices are insane so I'm not taking chances. :deadbanana2:

Just now, SadGirl said:

I really want the jade one but this is US only of course. This puta :dancehall2:

Just wait a bit, they'll probably start popping up on her international stores eventually 

39 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Has anyone bought 2 or more vinyls from the same user on Discogs and had to pay for separate shipping? I want to buy 2 vinyls from the same user (from Spain) but not sure if they’ll charge me twice for shipping :dancehall3:

You should message them directly and ask... I wouldn't mention which vinyl you want tho because you don't know if they're going to suddenly up the price of them by showing interest

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

You should message them directly and ask... I wouldn't mention which vinyl you want tho because you don't know if they're going to suddenly up the price of them by showing interest

Thank you for the advice!

Why does she keep doing these one week drops? :rip: they made sense for folklore when the first week sales counted towards the charts

But knowing her, these will pop up again around the release date or black Friday. The jade one is the prettiest 

So Taylor is the one holding the plants hostage now. 

i saw some artists say they couldn’t get vinyl records made at the moment and was wondering who was pulling an Adele. 

side note her first week numbers are going to ge huge and hopefully further stimulate the message that every release needs a vinyl edition. 

Not Taylor selling THREE exclusive variants that are limited release even before the album is out... she really is the queen of capitalism. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Jotham

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.