Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

I finally got a response from Beyoncé's web store after 2+ weeks of waiting after asking if I could get a replacement since my order arrived with giant seam splits on both the top and bottom, as well as the side of the inner sleeve, along with a big corner dent on the top left. It was clear it was sent out this way too because the package I received seemed to be in pristine condition on the outside. I sent them pictures of the damage in the original email and everything.. This is what they said ? :

"Thank you for reaching out to us. All packing/vinyl sleeve are protection against damage. We cannot replace or repair damaged packing. Please let us know if there are any issues with the vinyl, or if you have any other questions."

What am I supposed to say to that? I told them it's not my fault it arrived with seam splits and that it must have been sent out that way because they are so substantial that it's very clear there's no way it happened in transit / on the way to me. I also told them that the sleeve has the album cover and tracklist printed on it as well as it is sealed in plastic wrap with a hype sticker so I'm not sure what they mean by damaged "packing" when it quite literally is the sleeve of the album I paid for.. Never heard of that excuse before ??..

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, forslayage said:

I finally got a response from Beyoncé's web store after 2+ weeks of waiting after asking if I could get a replacement since my order arrived with giant seam splits on both the top and bottom, as well as the side of the inner sleeve, along with a big corner dent on the top left. It was clear it was sent out this way too because the package I received seemed to be in pristine condition on the outside. I sent them pictures of the damage in the original email and everything.. This is what they said ? :

"Thank you for reaching out to us. All packing/vinyl sleeve are protection against damage. We cannot replace or repair damaged packing. Please let us know if there are any issues with the vinyl, or if you have any other questions."

What am I supposed to say to that? I told them it's not my fault it arrived with seam splits and that it must have been sent out that way because they are so substantial that it's very clear there's no way it happened in transit / on the way to me. I also told them that the sleeve has the album cover and tracklist printed on it as well as it is sealed in plastic wrap with a hype sticker so I'm not sure what they mean by damaged "packing" when it quite literally is the sleeve of the album I paid for.. Never heard of that excuse before ??..

**** them. Do a chargeback or message them again and tell the package never arrived. :mandown:

54 minutes ago, forslayage said:

You didn't pay for a damaged item, so either warn Bey's store you will chargeback them if they don't want to send a replacement/ refund OR just go ahead and skip a step and do the chargeback 

9 hours ago, forslayage said:

This is a lie and I’ll be back with the receipts to prove it.

The receipts:

In the meantime I would definitely dispute that charge because it’s damaged and you have the evidence.

Edited by Kings.

@forslayage this is what they said they sent to Bey’s customer support:

”my damage was on the disk itself because there was a visible deep scratch that skips and pops during plastic off the sofa. i let them know immediately the day i received it”

Do with this what you will. Best of luck!

39 minutes ago, greento said:

Oooh I wanna get this! What does it mean when it says it’s “foil stamped”?

i think foil stamped usually means it's like numbered or marked with the VMP logo with a foil stamp on the back.

19 hours ago, bestfiction said:

I saw one review from August that they didn't get it so maybe it depends on luck  ?

I'll get the red and black version first anyway since I find it more aesthetically pleasing and it seems that it's going out of print soon. Or maybe get both :chick1:

Oh, I didn’t see that. I got the red / black marbled too but my copy is warped and has surface noise towards the end of side A. :chick3:

51 minutes ago, liammmmacbtw said:

how did i miss extraordinary machine's VMP release two months ago?????

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/fiona-apple-extraordinary-machine?variant=39465825665114

I actually posted about it here back then haha 

But they only announced that and said it’d be coming soon. :gaycat:
It seems like the pre-order is finally coming today and of course I’m broke. :redface:

9 minutes ago, Kings. said:

The vinyl is going to be a serve :jonny5:

That’s a stunning cover. Maybe I need to get into her. :whistle:

I haven’t gotten a new record since July 18. :emofish:
On the other hand I was able to pre-order the marble pressing of Impossible Princess through a local store. They also had the yellow pressing of Chemtrails so I’ll be getting them together. :beach:

• ATRL Moderator

stella donnelly and the wilco box set delayed two weeks each :gaycat6: was quite excited to get a record each week of september and that won't happen now unless i preorder rina's upcoming disaster. still waiting to buy oliver sim's album too

stella donnelly - flood (9 september)
alex g - god save the animals (23 september)
amen dunes - freedom (30 september)
wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot (30 september)
carly - the loneliest time (21 october)

taylor - midnights (21 october)
bey - renaissance collector's edition (october)

IDK what to do. My Foxes vinyl record never came. I reached out to the store they said the warehouse doesn't have anymore. I checked and I see the website does still have some in stock. I'm confused. They asked if I wanted a refund or to wait and receive a replacement. I said I'd wait to receive a replacement but now I'm wondering if I should just get a refund and purchase it again.

Honestly, I'm just annoyed with the lack of professionalism really. 

2 hours ago, SUPER CANNES said:

That’s a stunning cover. Maybe I need to get into her. :whistle:

Please do. Her music is so so so good! Here’s a few songs I favor a lot from her (and the last two songs are from her upcoming album!):

Spoiler

Thank you to everyone that gave me advice on my Renaissance vinyl. I let them know I didn't pay for a damaged item and will be doing a chargeback if they cannot send me a replacement / refund. 

-

@bestfiction

On another note I finally recieved the Pang 'Standard Black' LP I ordered from her webstore that people were saying was the clear smoke variant she was selling on her tour, and it is that version! At least I think so, I haven't opened the record yet but the hype sticker is the silver one that says so - and has the same barcode sticker on the back. If anyone wants this variant I would order off her webstore now! (I'm in the US)

25 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Panic at the Disco and their 20 variants doing worse than Demi...

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

Shocker :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

Clogging up the plants, and for what? :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Clogging up the plants, and for what? :deadbanana4:

They'll be clogging up landfills next.

zYxrqY9.gif

Edited by Rocket

I’ve been waiting on my copy of Silk Sonic’s album to arrive today and saw that it was delayed earlier. I paid it no mind, but decided to see if it were coming tomorrow and why does it now say it was ******* DAMAGED in transit and they’re notifying the sender :biblionny: I’m sooooooo done with UPS :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

I’ve been waiting on my copy of Silk Sonic’s album to arrive today and saw that it was delayed earlier. I paid it no mind, but decided to see if it were coming tomorrow and why does it now say it was ******* DAMAGED in transit and they’re notifying the sender :biblionny: I’m sooooooo done with UPS :toofunny3:

Mess :rip: at least they're notifying the sender for you. I didn't know that was a thing 

6 hours ago, Attitude said:

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

A waste of wax... will be at Goodwill in a couple of months. 

beyonce-fanbookikz3o.gif

11 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

IDK what to do. My Foxes vinyl record never came. I reached out to the store they said the warehouse doesn't have anymore. I checked and I see the website does still have some in stock. I'm confused. They asked if I wanted a refund or to wait and receive a replacement. I said I'd wait to receive a replacement but now I'm wondering if I should just get a refund and purchase it again.

Honestly, I'm just annoyed with the lack of professionalism really. 

i just came on this thread to say i never got my vinyl??? wtf…….

9 hours ago, forslayage said:

Thank you to everyone that gave me advice on my Renaissance vinyl. I let them know I didn't pay for a damaged item and will be doing a chargeback if they cannot send me a replacement / refund. 

-

@bestfiction

On another note I finally recieved the Pang 'Standard Black' LP I ordered from her webstore that people were saying was the clear smoke variant she was selling on her tour, and it is that version! At least I think so, I haven't opened the record yet but the hype sticker is the silver one that says so - and has the same barcode sticker on the back. If anyone wants this variant I would order off her webstore now! (I'm in the US)

Nice! When you open it, could you tell me if it looks like the VMP pressing from 2019?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.