Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jaay said:

Why do y’all care home many variants an artist releases? It’s a product, if you don’t want it- don’t buy it.

Because there is not enough places to produce vinyl so smaller releases or represses get pushed back so much to accommodate some artists with their 10+ variants. 

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Because there is not enough places to produce vinyl so smaller releases or represses get pushed back so much to accommodate some artists with their 10+ variants. 

Totally, and I get that. In terms of Taylor/HUGE vinyl selling artists, that’s true. But someone like Maggie Rodgers isn’t getting the same amount of vinyls pressed either way. So that argument doesn’t exactly work for artists like that but I understand the sentiment. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Jaay said:

Totally, and I get that. In terms of Taylor/HUGE vinyl selling artists, that’s true. But someone like Maggie Rodgers isn’t getting the same amount of vinyls pressed either way. So that argument doesn’t exactly work for artists like that but I understand the sentiment. 

I think Maggie is a little excessive but nothing too crazy.  I do remember her last record being in high demand so I understand why they went with as many variants as they did at least.  

43 minutes ago, Kings. said:

That’s on them, not her. Go take this  obsession with calling out artists for having 5+ variants and/or over producing records in general up without Adele, Ed, Panic at the Disco, etc.

And like likefoxesdo said, her debut is no longer in stock anywhere, so the girls are tuned in :cm: 

Clear, silver, black and neon green, in addition to the picture disc :matty: 

And wasn’t there both a regular clear and a milky clear? It appears the girls have selective memory! :matty:

44 minutes ago, Desire said:

I guess you are right if you count the ones in the pvc sleeves since there was a silver and clear one but no I would not count picture disks and those other artists you mentioned released only color variants regardless :rip: and the remix album is a completely separate thing :rip: 

And if you really want to get into it, those are all pretty big name artists compared to Maggie :fan: Don't come for me though because I stan ha and know her first album is in high demand since it's OOP plus I have the spotify purple preordered :fan:

Babes count it however you like but she still did 5 separate versions of Chromatica and that’s that.

And I wasn’t “getting into” anything when the whole reason I mentioned all those artists is because I don’t think they did anything wrong with the number of variants they had available. It’s really just not that deep and the Maggie shade in here is weird!

Not to mention the fact that some of y’all are COMPLETELY conflating the amount of variants made with the amount of units pressed… do you realize an artist could make 5 variants but only have, let’s say, 10k units spread across them? Meanwhile a much bigger artist might have 100k units of just ONE variant? The math isn’t mathing in here but I digress!

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

That’s on them, not her. Go take this  obsession with calling out artists for having 5+ variants and/or over producing records in general up without Adele, Ed, Panic at the Disco, etc.

Obsession? I mentioned it once.

Excuse me, I didn't realise I was posting in the Maggie Rogers fan base. I could have inserted any artist (I just mentioned her because she's the latest artist I saw with all these variants), so you can climb down from your high horse.

:nicole:

What are the best record stores in Belfast? Looking for new or used. 

Does anyone know if there was a recent repress of Selena’s Deluxe picture disc of Rare? On her store it says sold out, but that it would ship by July 16. I want the album on vinyl, but I would love to have the deluxe edition, but the resell price for it is too much for me..

40 minutes ago, ndreaas said:

Does anyone know if there was a recent repress of Selena’s Deluxe picture disc of Rare? On her store it says sold out, but that it would ship by July 16. I want the album on vinyl, but I would love to have the deluxe edition, but the resell price for it is too much for me..

I remember that it's been repressed somewhere last summer so it looks like they do repress it from time to time?

2 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I remember that it's been repressed somewhere last summer so it looks like they do repress it from time to time?

So annoying that I keep missing represses! I’ll just have to keep looking out for it. 

Thank you!

On 7/17/2022 at 7:19 AM, bestfiction said:

I'm fuming, I always hated the Rita version

I’m pretty sure I saw someone, who has the new reissue, say it actually has the solo version on it. ? 

On 7/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, skyupsahl said:

Things slowly got out of hand for me and, primarily as gifts, i've ended up ordering 5 copies of Mabel - About Last Night on vinyl :ducky:

Whew! Do you have the UO pressing yet? I haven’t seen any pics of so far. :snorkle:

10 hours ago, khalyan said:

3 variants is the best amount.  A standard, a store exclusive, and a limited pressing. 

Agreed!

2 hours ago, ndreaas said:

I think this system is broken. Lana’s Australian store keeps saying the signed Blue Banisters CDs will ship in the future but the date keeps being pushed back. :ducky:It’s obvious they’re not coming. 

Edited by SUPER CANNES

Got About Last Night… on pink vinyl yesterday and it’s stunning. :smiley:
Thick sleeves and the disc itself is a bit marbled. Sounds awesome too and the fact that all songs are actually solo was a nice surprise. :relax:

1 hour ago, SUPER CANNES said:

I’m pretty sure I saw someone, who has the new reissue, say it actually has the solo version on it. ? 

Whew! Do you have the UO pressing yet? I haven’t seen any pics of so far. :snorkle:

Agreed!

I think this system is broken. Lana’s Australian store keeps saying the signed Blue Banisters CDs will ship in the future but the date keeps being pushed back. :ducky:It’s obvious they’re not coming. 

Are you looking for a particular Blue Banisters CD variant? I’m not sure what the shipping would look like but back when all the Canadian orders got delayed, they edited the release dates for all the BB merch except they messed up the date for the blue cover so it got pushed way down the page and I’m assuming not many people saw it lol. It’s been listed as ‘in stock’ for a while if you’re interested:

https://shop.umusic.ca/*/*/BLUE-BANISTERS-EXCLUSIVE-CD-2/75AG0000000

Edit: just saw you meant signed CDs, sorry!

Edited by likefoxesdo

1 hour ago, likefoxesdo said:

Are you looking for a particular Blue Banisters CD variant? I’m not sure what the shipping would look like but back when all the Canadian orders got delayed, they edited the release dates for all the BB merch except they messed up the date for the blue cover so it got pushed way down the page and I’m assuming not many people saw it lol. It’s been listed as ‘in stock’ for a while if you’re interested:

https://shop.umusic.ca/*/*/BLUE-BANISTERS-EXCLUSIVE-CD-2/75AG0000000

Edit: just saw you meant signed CDs, sorry!

Don’t worry about it. :swing:
I should’ve linked it right away. 
https://shopau.lanadelrey.com/products/blue-banisters-cd-plus-signed-art-card

I found it a couple of months ago and low-key believed the given release date. :clown:

13 hours ago, Rocket said:

Obsession? I mentioned it once.

Excuse me, I didn't realise I was posting in the Maggie Rogers fan base. I could have inserted any artist (I just mentioned her because she's the latest artist I saw with all these variants), so you can climb down from your high horse.

:nicole:

No one’s on a high horse, but you’re high up her ass with your multiple posts about her, but eye digress

:cm:

Anywho, speaking of Maggie :gaycat5:

We love an artist still pushing for gatefold even with all these variants she’s released. A lot of other artists can’t say that because they want a quick money grab (and won’t get it with their inventory taking up shelf space)

:fan: 

Edited by Kings.

5 hours ago, SUPER CANNES said:

Got About Last Night… on pink vinyl yesterday and it’s stunning. :smiley:
Thick sleeves and the disc itself is a bit marbled. Sounds awesome too and the fact that all songs are actually solo was a nice surprise. :relax:

it's probably one of the best jackets I've owned. the vinyl also comes with two separate sleeves, a black standard one and one printed with metallic lettering and stuff. it's actually really cool.

The Spice Girls are about to clog up the plants with 7 different variants of Spice World.

nickirunczuvw.gif

3 minutes ago, Attitude said:

The Spice Girls are about to clog up the plants with 7 different variants of Spice World.

as long as we get a cool Mel B variant

nickirunczuvw.gif

46 minutes ago, Attitude said:

nickirunczuvw.gif

Oh nah, we gotta go (and buy a copy) :jonny5: 

I skipped SPICE25 but Spiceworld is the top album for me from them, so I'll definitely snag a Victoria variant, if they drop it.

Miss Beabadoobee’s Beatopia (signed splatter) arrived out of nowhere and it’s cute, but I don’t even listen to her like that :rip: Yet another impulse buy, but let me listen to the album to see if I actually wanna keep it or not :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Miss Beabadoobee’s Beatopia (signed splatter) arrived out of nowhere and it’s cute, but I don’t even listen to her like that :rip: Yet another impulse buy, but let me listen to the album to see if I actually wanna keep it or not :toofunny3:

Who?? :psyduck:

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Who?? :psyduck:

??? I’m sure you’ve heard of her before :matty:

12 minutes ago, Kings. said:

??? I’m sure you’ve heard of her before :matty:

Omg I'm so sorry I thought you were making up a nickname for someone, and I couldn't make out who it was- but that's her actual name :gaycat6:

I've never heard of her, but she has a sweet voice. Lemme look into ha :chick1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.