Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• ATRL Moderator

Wait there’s a solo version of Doing It :wanda:how did I never know?!

Anyway, pre-ordered Let Go (Target edition)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

I'm gonna need Foxes to release All I Need on pink vinyl.

These labels need to get their **** together and start pressing everything and not 30 variants of albums no one's planning on buying in the first place (I'm looking at you Panic! At The Disco and Maggie Rogers).

Foxes_-_All_I_Need.png

The Maggie mention :biblionny: most of her variants are soldout or will be within a year, PATD! can’t relate. Anyway, I agrih about Foxes. That album was a nice surprise years ago, but if it’s pressed it needs to be the deluxe because Rise Up (Intro) opening the album and the reprise ending it are perfect as is.

I actually want more labels to start pressing the FULL versions of albums. I know those exclusivity deals don’t last long, so it’s possible, the labels are just ******* lazy (thanks Foster the People for spilling that tea) but we’ll see how things go in the future :matty:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

wait i thought you cancelled this one :biblio:

I keep thinking I will :biblio: but I’ll probably keep it just because I have a lot of Rina already :biblio: 

By the way I messaged Dirty Hit about the Rina EP and they responded to sign up for her mailing list for “first news on her self-titled EP vinyl restock on more” 

3 hours ago, Rocket said:

These labels need to get their **** together and start pressing everything and not 30 variants of albums no one's planning on buying in the first place (I'm looking at you Panic! At The Disco and Maggie Rogers).

Foxes_-_All_I_Need.png

This! The way I love most of those songs and know them by heart :jonny:

5 hours ago, Rocket said:

Foxes_-_All_I_Need.png

And 10+ Red Hot Chili Peppers variants, too.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Kings. said:

I have to imagine that even if there weren’t plans to repress it before, there has to be some now considering the demand for it. 

My guess is something will happen at the end of October in celebration of its 5th anniversary 

Why are y’all throwing around my good sis Maggie’s name here?! I mean is 5 variants really THAT many?

Just throwing out random examples here but Lizzo has a similar amount of variants out there for Special rn, not to mention Billie did it with HTE, Lana did it with Chemtrails, Dua with Future Nostalgia, Gaga with Chromatica, etc etc.

I don’t think 5 variants is comparable to some people who are literally doing like 10 or 15 :swan:

38 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

Why are y’all throwing around my good sis Maggie’s name here?! I mean is 5 variants really THAT many?

Just throwing out random examples here but Lizzo has a similar amount of variants out there for Special rn, not to mention Billie did it with HTE, Lana did it with Chemtrails, Dua with Future Nostalgia, Gaga with Chromatica, etc etc.

I don’t think 5 variants is comparable to some people who are literally doing like 10 or 15 :swan:

Speak on it!

I think the problem isn't really the amount of variants artists are putting, but the amount of vinyls some big artists are pressing.

these small artists are probably going with a lot of variants, but in small amounts so they're easier to sell to collectors like us in "bulk" aka more than one variant per customer, because for some reason, we love colors. we gay.

My copy of Special arrived today and I have to be honest I think just the standard black works the best for this album also it sounds amazing. 

1 hour ago, likefoxesdo said:

Does she even need 5 though, when some artists get none?

:nicole:

Please Gaga had flop picture disks not color variants :skull: I wish she had as many variants as these other girlies 

11 hours ago, James_Dean said:

@Sergi91 VMP has a sale on the Aaliyah vinyl :chick1:

Thank you for the heads up! :heart2:

21 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Well her debut had 3 variants and there’s only ONE copy of ONE variant for sale on Discogs and it’s going for $250… you tell me babes :coffee:

11 minutes ago, Desire said:

Please Gaga had flop picture disks not color variants :skull: I wish she had as many variants as these other girlies 

There were FOUR colour variants, no? And picture disks certainly count regardless of your personal interest :rip: Not to mention the remix album that also got a variant/special release

57 minutes ago, Rocket said:

That’s on them, not her. Go take this  obsession with calling out artists for having 5+ variants and/or over producing records in general up without Adele, Ed, Panic at the Disco, etc.

And like likefoxesdo said, her debut is no longer in stock anywhere, so the girls are tuned in :cm: 

46 minutes ago, Desire said:

Clear, silver, black and neon green, in addition to the picture disc :matty: 

29 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

Well her debut had 3 variants and there’s only ONE copy of ONE variant for sale on Discogs and it’s going for $250… you tell me babes :coffee:

There were FOUR colour variants, no? And picture disks certainly count regardless of your personal interest :rip: Not to mention the remix album that also got a variant/special release

I guess you are right if you count the ones in the pvc sleeves since there was a silver and clear one but no I would not count picture disks and those other artists you mentioned released only color variants regardless :rip: and the remix album is a completely separate thing :rip: 

And if you really want to get into it, those are all pretty big name artists compared to Maggie :fan: Don't come for me though because I stan ha and know her first album is in high demand since it's OOP plus I have the spotify purple preordered :fan:

But this trend of artists in general releasing 5+ variants does need to stop. At least release alt covers with them ala Taylor :skull: Would probably help in sales since stans would justify the purchase 

11 hours ago, James_Dean said:

@Sergi91 VMP has a sale on the Aaliyah vinyl :chick1:

I’m kind of mad i got mine at full price but best part i got it in the mail today. It’s beautiful! So pretty!

I’m still waiting on blackground records to send me the vinyl they promise. I honesty want a refund now since i already have it. 

Let me bookmark this page and come back when y’all favs drop new albums. I wonder if the same energy will be applied then :keir:

• ATRL Moderator

3 variants is the best amount.  A standard, a store exclusive, and a limited pressing. 

Why do y’all care home many variants an artist releases? It’s a product, if you don’t want it- don’t buy it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.