Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

8 hours ago, americanlife said:

Ugh! Why the Rita Ora version of Doing It? They really pulled a Slumber Party and almost completely erased the original solo version, or you could say Slumber Party pulled a Doing It.

I'm fuming, I always hated the Rita version

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.. there was a repress of Shawn's Wonder (Target exclusive gold) that includes Monster :jonnycat: just got it on clearance lolz

17 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Wait.. there was a repress of Shawn's Wonder (Target exclusive gold) that includes Monster :jonnycat: just got it on clearance lolz

omg really, can u post the USPC 

23 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

…Urban Outfitters owes me a copy if that is the case. Actually, his label needs to repress the silver marbled variant and include it.

36 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

not to burst yall bubble but from looking it up it seems the hype sticker says it only includes it as a download ?

4 minutes ago, forslayage said:

not to burst yall bubble but from looking it up it seems the hype sticker says it only includes it as a download ?

I just bought it tonight and can confirm it has Monster  :gaycat:

23 minutes ago, PlaidShirtDays said:

omg really, can u post the USPC 

https://www.discogs.com/release/20593429-Shawn-Mendes-Wonder

17 minutes ago, Kings. said:

…Urban Outfitters owes me a copy if that is the case. Actually, his label needs to repress the silver marbled variant and include it.

Get the gold while it's on clearance in store!

7 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I just bought it tonight and can confirm it has Monster  :gaycat:

https://www.discogs.com/release/20593429-Shawn-Mendes-Wonder

Get the gold while it's on clearance in store!

That’s if it’s even available nearby :toofunny3: I’ll check, but how will I know for sure it’s the copy with The Monster?

2 hours ago, Kings. said:

That’s if it’s even available nearby :toofunny3: I’ll check, but how will I know for sure it’s the copy with The Monster?

Two things: The hype sticker on the new pressing doesn't say includes download for Monster; it just says featuring Wonder & Monster. 

Also, the tracklist on the back of the new pressing's sleeve lists Monster, which the original pressings omit. 

4 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Two things: The hype sticker on the new pressing doesn't say includes download for Monster; it just says featuring Wonder & Monster. 

Also, the tracklist on the back of the new pressing's sleeve lists Monster, which the original pressings omit. 

Thanks. Cute avi of y(our) man btw :gaycat2:

21 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Thanks. Cute avi of y(our) man btw :gaycat2:

Thank you, partner :heart2:

James_Dean

**Also the UPC code is different and ends in 9635

From that Dirty Hit event where RINA has been sold apparently. Read this on Discogs

Copies of this were sold for £10 each at 'Dirty Hit' stall at the Independent Label Market in London yesterday. They sold out in two and a half hours.

This is what I can confirm after speaking with the incredibly helpful Dirty Hit staff working the event:

There were 60 copies for sale in total.

The copies for sale were from the original pressing in 2018, not a repressing.

Sadly, no, though Rina has teased it a few times, there is currently no plans for a repress of RINA from 'Dirty Hit'. Nothing has been set in motion and no work has been started.

I know this is not what alot of people want to hear, but I hope this info helps nonetheless.

Edited by bestfiction

• ATRL Moderator

finally cancelled my emotion order from december sdkgdsk not sure if i’ll get my money back but idk why i didn’t do this months ago

my preorder list is quite short otherwise:

renaissance (29 july)

the kick (29 july)

i can hear the heart beating as one (12 august)

flood (26 august)

yankee hotel foxtrot (16 september)

god save the animals (23 september)

ordered black midi’s hellfire to the wrong address as well. it’s at the post office, need to collect it soon

got my eye on beatopia and ugly season too :biblio:

7 hours ago, bestfiction said:

From that Dirty Hit event where RINA has been sold apparently. Read this on Discogs

They're sick :rip: want it on vinyl so bad and I'm sure they'd sell however many copies if they'd repress it

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, bestfiction said:

Fuck them!

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

finally cancelled my emotion order from december sdkgdsk not sure if i’ll get my money back but idk why i didn’t do this months ago

my preorder list is quite short otherwise:

renaissance (29 july)

the kick (29 july)

i can hear the heart beating as one (12 august)

flood (26 august)

yankee hotel foxtrot (16 september)

god save the animals (23 september)

ordered black midi’s hellfire to the wrong address as well. it’s at the post office, need to collect it soon

got my eye on beatopia and ugly season too :biblio:

I keep forgetting I preordered Renaissance too and that it should be here quick.  

I’ll probably get that before I get my signed Iggy TEOAE that was supposed to ship in May :rip:  

I also have Rina’s Hold the Girl, Shygirl’s Nymph, and Santigold’s Spirituals preordered. 

• ATRL Moderator

i’m waiting on

Josef Salvat - Islands

Beyoncé - Renaissance

Arca - kick boxset

Foxes - The Kick

Iggy - end of an era

Christine & the Queens - Redcar

Kendrick Lamar - Mr Morale

Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl

Kehlani - blue water road

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme

14 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

i’m waiting on

Josef Salvat - Islands

Beyoncé - Renaissance

Arca - kick boxset

Foxes - The Kick

Iggy - end of an era

Christine & the Queens - Redcar

Kendrick Lamar - Mr Morale

Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl

Kehlani - blue water road

Tove Lo - Dirt Femme

I'm excited about these two :hey:

3 hours ago, ALA said:

They're sick :rip: want it on vinyl so bad and I'm sure they'd sell however many copies if they'd repress it

There are 1000 people who have it in their Discogs wishlist alone so they could press a ton of copies for sure

I’m holding off on Renaissance for some reason and I don’t know why. By the time I actually order the limited edition, it’ll be sold out. I just don’t feel the urgency. I think maybe it’s me wondering if another variant is going to pop up, but I doubt it. If all else fails, I’ll get a standard copy. 

34 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I’m holding off on Renaissance for some reason and I don’t know why. By the time I actually order the limited edition, it’ll be sold out. I just don’t feel the urgency. I think maybe it’s me wondering if another variant is going to pop up, but I doubt it. If all else fails, I’ll get a standard copy. 

Same. Idk why they haven't unveiled the alternate cover yet either

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Same. Idk why they haven't unveiled the alternate cover yet either

Yes! That’s another reason for my hesitation. I don’t like ordering a damn unsolved mystery. I’m sure it’ll be nice, but what if it’s just the same standard cover with something added to it. :skull: 

I'm gonna need Foxes to release All I Need on pink vinyl.

These labels need to get their **** together and start pressing everything and not 30 variants of albums no one's planning on buying in the first place (I'm looking at you Panic! At The Disco and Maggie Rogers).

Foxes_-_All_I_Need.png

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, khalyan said:

I also have Rina’s Hold the Girl

wait i thought you cancelled this one :biblio:

Things slowly got out of hand for me and, primarily as gifts, i've ended up ordering 5 copies of Mabel - About Last Night on vinyl :ducky:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.