Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG-4676.jpg

IMG-4677.jpg

Mabel's new colored vinyl just arrived and it's gorgeous. And it's a gatefold, which I didn't expect.

why can't i find Lizzo's Special anywhere local?!

The closest Target with stock is a 30+ minute drive. :biblio:

So my Disco Extended Mixes arrived WARPED from Amazon today. I got a refund and they told me I could keep the item. However, does anyone know if playing a warped item is dangerous to the stylus? Could it actually harm it? I have a U-Turn Orbit player and a Ortofon Red stylus. I’m worried that playing the records while they’re just waving in circles might do damage. 

3 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

why can't i find Lizzo's Special anywhere local?!

The closest Target with stock is a 30+ minute drive. :biblio:

My bb @James_Dean has a website where you can check all the stores in your area that have the item in stock. It’s not always 100% reliable, but it has helped me a number of times. Unfortunately, I forgot the website, so I’m tagging him in hopes that he’ll post it for you. 

I forget who here is a St. Lucia fan but they have a preorder up for their 4th album (out October 7th) this is the exclusive pressing for their store

Y4LPOSL02.jpg 
https://stlucia.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4LPSL02/st-lucia-utopia-2-lp-goldblue-colored-vinyl?cp=null

Edited by ThehushSound

2 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

So my Disco Extended Mixes arrived WARPED from Amazon today. I got a refund and they told me I could keep the item. However, does anyone know if playing a warped item is dangerous to the stylus? Could it actually harm it? I have a U-Turn Orbit player and a Ortofon Red stylus. I’m worried that playing the records while they’re just waving in circles might do damage. 

It is safe to play warped records. They have no major effect on the stylus but sometimes the sound produced can be unpleasant. If the record is extremely warped then the stylus might skip across the grooves and damage your record further. Just because you CAN play a warped record doesn't mean you should!

https://retroonly.com/do-warped-records-damage-a-stylus/#:~:text=It is safe to play,doesn't mean you should!

I think it truly depends on the severity :michael:

2 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

My bb @James_Dean has a website where you can check all the stores in your area that have the item in stock. It’s not always 100% reliable, but it has helped me a number of times. Unfortunately, I forgot the website, so I’m tagging him in hopes that he’ll post it for you. 

@stevenisFADING https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/  

If you have the UPC code, you can input it here and add your zip code to see if any Targets near you have it in stock. But again, it's not always accurate  :gaycat:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I think it truly depends on the severity :michael:

Damn. Thank you. Disc one is pretty bad… it looks like an ocean wave you can surf on. :rip: The second disc not so much. I’ll just keep the vinyl for the sake of having it, but won’t play it. It’s so pretty, so it’s a shame it came like that. They wanted to send a replacement, but typically Amazon’s replacements — in my experience — have the same issue.

Thank youuu. :heart2:

6 hours ago, ThehushSound said:

I forget who here is a St. Lucia fan but they have a preorder up for their 4th album (out October 7th) this is the exclusive pressing for their store

Y4LPOSL02.jpg 
https://stlucia.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y4LPSL02/st-lucia-utopia-2-lp-goldblue-colored-vinyl?cp=null

Yassssss! Love the new single :clap3:

6 hours ago, Daddy said:

Yassssss! Love the new single :clap3:

Touch is my favorite track of the era so far! And if the pressings look anywhere close to the mock up they are gorgeous… though it appears like once again it will be a double lp with out a gatefold. :katie:

Got this cutie and also ordered Kala by M.I.A VMP Edition. I have M.I.As entire discography on black vinyl but needed it in my life. Everyone is RAVING about the remaster! :jonnycat:

20220714_202551.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-231037_Discogs.jpg

55 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

Touch is my favorite track of the era so far! And if the pressings look anywhere close to the mock up they are gorgeous… though it appears like once again it will be a double lp with out a gatefold. :katie:

When The Night is my fave vinyl. So stunning ? 

• ATRL Moderator

The RINA EP costing only £10 at that pop up event in London. :toofunny2:

And they are already popping up on Discogs for £200+ :toofunny2:

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

DAMN!

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

When The Night is my fave vinyl. So stunning ? 

It is a pretty LP I think as far as packaging goes Hyperion has my favorite I love the photos. Musically it’s probably my least favorite album of theirs. 

2 hours ago, Daddy said:

Got this cutie and also ordered Kala by M.I.A VMP Edition. I have M.I.As entire discography on black vinyl but needed it in my life. Everyone is RAVING about the remaster! :jonnycat:

20220714_202551.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-231037_Discogs.jpg

OMG

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

wow :jonny:

-

5 minutes ago, Kings. said:

OMG

-

omfg :WAP:

saur glad i never caved and paid for a ridiculous amount. now we can finally have the bonus tracks on vinyl too whewww

So bizarre I saw Sucker in the clearance bin in UO for so long back then when I didn't collect :rip: can't wait to own it finally

17 hours ago, James_Dean said:

If you have the UPC code, you can input it here and add your zip code to see if any Targets near you have it in stock. But again, it's not always accurate  :gaycat:

Oh yes I forgot about that site. 

I found Special at a Walmart nearby. I’ll be picking it up soon. :hippo:

2 hours ago, Kings. said:

OMG

-

Ugh! Why the Rita Ora version of Doing It? They really pulled a Slumber Party and almost completely erased the original solo version, or you could say Slumber Party pulled a Doing It.

17 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Oh yes I forgot about that site. 

I found Special at a Walmart nearby. I’ll be picking it up soon. :hippo:

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

Ugh! Why the Rita Ora version of Doing It? They really pulled a Slumber Party and almost completely erased the original solo version, or you could say Slumber Party pulled a Doing It.

Rita is queen that’s why :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.