Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

10 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

may that time was site error? anyway, you can add items to your card, to see different shipping prices, but of course you can delete it before you hit place order button. same as amazon, or even ebay. discogs is the best place to buys music on internet. so many rare releases :D

Maybe so idk. It was a few years ago and since then, the times I have contemplated buying from a seller on Discogs, I never add to cart unless I'm sure to follow through :michael:

5 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Where fo you live? Never happened to me either.

In the flop U-S of A :gaycat6:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

Do not add to your cart unless you're going to actually buy the item. It'll open an invoice if you do, and then you'll have to go through the hassle of messaging the seller that you change your mind and want to cancel the order... if you ignore the open invoice, the seller can (not all, but some) give you a bad review for not completing it. 

If you have questions about shipping, etc. message the seller directly before opening an invoice.

Also check the reviews of a seller. The longer they've been a member, the more reviews, the higher the rating- all the better. 

I’ve had several vinyls in my cart for the longest time and haven’t received a msg yet from sellers (except when the item sells). :gaycat6:

57 minutes ago, lestat111 said:

what are you talking about? it is NOT true. I order from discogs for 7 years now, I found fanstastic stuff there. When you add something to card, you can delete it of course.

So would you guys say PayPal is the best way to pay for items ???? Or my credit card? 

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I’ve had several vinyls in my cart for the longest time and haven’t received a msg yet from sellers (except when the item sells). :gaycat6:

Well I learned something new today :monkey:

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

So would you guys say PayPal is the best way to pay for items ???? Or my credit card? 

I always use Paypal, but don't listen to me no mo :intoit:

On 7/11/2022 at 2:47 PM, Musicology said:

Well, I just placed an order for Cinderella's Eyes from plasticpop records, 50 euros, shipping included. :deadbanana2:

I know it’s pretty expensive, but it’s worth it imo. My copy came in the mail the other day and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Gatefold with thick cardboard, lyrics in the liner notes, and the vinyl itself sounds amazing. It’s a quality pressing.

5 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Well I learned something new today :monkey:

I always use Paypal, but don't listen to me no mo :intoit:

Hay don’t say that! Your feedback/advice is always appreciated :heart:

12 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

my advice is paypal :)

What does “Accepts PayPal Commerce” means on Discogs??? Is that a different account form PayPal? 

This is the person that was hire and created Charlie's album cover design...

I'd be super pleased if these vinyl ideas were also submitted to his team :gaycat1:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I'd be super pleased if these vinyl ideas were also submitted to his team :gaycat1:

I like the first one... a lot

3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Anything but the Fine Line rip-off. I like the first one. 

12 hours ago, ariananext said:

Thank God UO offered me a replacement and told me to keep the one that I've gotten :chick1: they also gave me a refund for the shipping costs 

As they should have because that was some B.S. Keep us updated with how the new one arrives. 

10 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I know it’s pretty expensive, but it’s worth it imo. My copy came in the mail the other day and it’s absolutely gorgeous. Gatefold with thick cardboard, lyrics in the liner notes, and the vinyl itself sounds amazing. It’s a quality pressing.

Thanks for the info :heart: I really like the album, it's one of my favorites from 2010s. But these extremely high shipping costs are really killing all the fun with collecting.

Edited by Musicology

Had a mini panic attack when I checked my banking account this morning since I just realized that I spent WAY too much money on vinyl last month :rip:

3 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

As they should have because that was some B.S. Keep us updated with how the new one arrives. 

I will :heart:

Why did UO take my money months after ordering and not dispatch? They were after my money fast when my card declined because the original one I used had expired and I forgot to update my details for various places. Or do they pre-authorise several times until finally taking an actual payment before sending?

2 hours ago, Buyonce1814 said:

Why did UO take my money months after ordering and not dispatch? They were after my money fast when my card declined because the original one I used had expired and I forgot to update my details for various places. Or do they pre-authorise several times until finally taking an actual payment before sending?

Depends on your method of payment iirc. I think if you choose PayPal you’re golden but if you choose debit/credit it’ll do pre-auth multiple times. 

Also there’s a new exclusive Rina varíant for Hold The Girl with a 3D print of Rina herself. Limited to 2500. 

https://blood-records.co.uk/products/rina

14 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Maybe so idk. It was a few years ago and since then, the times I have contemplated buying from a seller on Discogs, I never add to cart unless I'm sure to follow through :michael:

In the flop U-S of A :gaycat6:

You can add to cart on Discogs, but the cart will lead you to placing an order. 

Kylie's Disco (Extended) is only $13 on Amazon right now... that's such a steal for an immaculate album :jonnycat: 

I can’t wait to get EROTICA on vinyl :gaycat2: 

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

I can’t wait to get EROTICA on vinyl :gaycat2: 

did Warner finally announce something? :jonnycat:

Quick question re: Urban Outfitters orders.

I have three albums on my cart, and two of them are for pre-orders. My total order is eligible for the Free Shipping thing since it's around $80. I just would like to ask if ever I place the order now, will the whole order wait until the pre-orders are ready for shipment? Or will they ship out the ones that are available? Will they charge me for the shipping if that's the case?

My boyfriend is getting me a vinyl player for my bday and it's about to arrive :weeps:

Im so hyped, my first vinyl ever will be SAWAYAMA

13 minutes ago, Rider said:

My boyfriend is getting me a vinyl player for my bday and it's about to arrive :weeps:

Im so hyped, my first vinyl ever will be SAWAYAMA

Oh he’s a keeper :fan: (as long as it wasn’t a Crosley, in that case break up with him)

1 hour ago, -mUsIcLoVeR- said:

Quick question re: Urban Outfitters orders.

I have three albums on my cart, and two of them are for pre-orders. My total order is eligible for the Free Shipping thing since it's around $80. I just would like to ask if ever I place the order now, will the whole order wait until the pre-orders are ready for shipment? Or will they ship out the ones that are available? Will they charge me for the shipping if that's the case?

In the past they’ve shipped out at they get the items. So the pre order item will ship out whenever it’s finally released. All for the same shipping price. I don’t think they’ve changed it so you should be good. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.