Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Power love said:

Some new company is selling Aaliyah self title album. I’m really confused did black ground records steal fans money? I thought about rebuying her vinyls with the new company but i will have the record twice if we ever get it from back ground. 

What new company? Can't find anything and the Blackground site is still up. A few more infos would be helpful. 

Best bet is VMP Aaliyah tbh.

I'm a hater cause they gatekeep their records quite a bit BUT even I got it for 50€ from ebay cause the standard will be postponed til next year, just watch :rip:

Also those new Charli XCX represses are a pain in the ass already :bibliahh:

51 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language

Blue galaxy and clear variants >> https://store.dirtyhit.co.uk/the-1975

ReleaseFormat-1073249-174133.png

Beautiful mock-up. Hope it comes out as advertised, but if not I may buy it if the album is good.

1 hour ago, FlyPirate said:

The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language

Blue galaxy and clear variants >> https://store.dirtyhit.co.uk/the-1975

ReleaseFormat-1073249-174133.png

This looks gorgeous! Copped one, and I’ll just cancel if I don’t end up liking the album

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

What new company? Can't find anything and the Blackground site is still up. A few more infos would be helpful. 

Best bet is VMP Aaliyah tbh.

I'm a hater cause they gatekeep their records quite a bit BUT even I got it for 50€ from ebay cause the standard will be postponed til next year, just watch :rip:

https://linktr.ee/vinylmeplease

Just type in Aaliyah boo

43 minutes ago, Power love said:

https://linktr.ee/vinylmeplease

Just type in Aaliyah boo

Oh. I thought you were referring to someone taking over the Blackground Records exclusives. The Blackground Records variants are still coming, but like @Daddy said it wouldn't be a shocker if they end up getting pushed to 2023.

That VMP release is a different variant. Like how One in a Million is getting a different variant at UO. :skull:

“Most Wanted” delivered in perfect condition. The silver nugget melt vinyl is really gorgeous. Hearing the Chris Cox remix of “Come Clean” on vinyl is so much fun.

IMG-8189.jpg
IMG-8009.jpg

IMG-0685.jpg

Edited by MC54

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

Oh. I thought you were referring to someone taking over the Blackground Records exclusives. The Blackground Records variants are still coming, but like @Daddy said it wouldn't be a shocker if they end up getting pushed to 2023.

That VMP release is a different variant. Like how One in a Million is getting a different variant at UO. :skull:

I got both. This new release is better looking and better Quality soo i will have two Aaliyah vinyls

Target sent my Janet #1s in a plastic bag. I lost. 

46 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Target sent my Janet #1s in a plastic bag. I lost. 

I got my Janet #1s today too along with my The Weeknd Highlights vinyl and both are all bent up because it was sent in a huge box (the size of a large microwave) with no bubble wrap or air pillows in it. :skull:

1 hour ago, Bandito said:

I got my Janet #1s today too along with my The Weeknd Highlights vinyl and both are all bent up because it was sent in a huge box (the size of a large microwave) with no bubble wrap or air pillows in it. :skull:

The both of y’all just better had complained and got replacements sent.

15 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I was eventually able to get replacements sent for both! Originally the site only offered a replacement for The Weeknd, but after I did some chores around my apartment and went back to the website I was finally able to request one for Janet for some reason. I dragged their asses in the feedback section while sharing some photos of the damage so hopefully they'll change their shipping process. :skull:

Beyonce Diva Live GIFs | Tenor

Edited by JoAddams

12 hours ago, Kings. said:

Beautiful mock-up. Hope it comes out as advertised, but if not I may buy it if the album is good.

12 hours ago, ndreaas said:

This looks gorgeous! Copped one, and I’ll just cancel if I don’t end up liking the album

11 hours ago, greento said:

Pre ordered :jonny: the pressing looks amazing

a new blue galaxy mock-up, this one from soundmerch Australia >> https://store.sound-merch.com.au/products/the-1975-being-funny-in-a-foreign-language-d2c-blue-galaxy-vinyl?variant=41759840403628

3 hours ago, Bandito said:

I was eventually able to get replacements sent for both! Originally the site only offered a replacement for The Weeknd, but after I did some chores around my apartment and went back to the website I was finally able to request one for Janet for some reason. I dragged their asses in the feedback section while sharing some photos of the damage so hopefully they'll change their shipping process. :skull:

Good for you, and I love that you dragged them in the feedback section :clap3: I did the same when they sent that Kid Krow vinyl to me and it was nothing close to pink, more like clear with very small amounts of pink “swirls” in it :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

Oop. It’s giving Troye Sivan In A Dream EP :jonnycat:

3 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

This is also really pretty, but I think I prefer the first one

3 hours ago, Kings. said:

Oop. It’s giving Troye Sivan In A Dream EP :jonnycat:

40 minutes ago, ndreaas said:

This is also really pretty, but I think I prefer the first one

I guess it’s the same variant? cause it says Dirty Hit Exclusive on their store but soundmerch is also blue galaxy. We’ll see how the actual disc ends up looking like. I’ll be happy with any of those mock-ups tbh

8 hours ago, Kings. said:

They’ve got one in stock at my store so I’m just gonna get that one and return the other one. I ain’t too worried about it

7 hours ago, Bandito said:

These companies don’t care about how they send the product. They won’t change their ways lol

15 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Why is UO exclusives still a thing... and why do they keep getting the best looking variants :biblio: anyway I think blue suits the album perfectly with the fonts also in blue etc

35 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

Why is UO exclusives still a thing... and why do they keep getting the best looking variants :biblio: anyway I think blue suits the album perfectly with the fonts also in blue etc

Idk, but they need to go under so Walmart can takeover. They just need to get better material for the packaging and give us gatefolds.

Limited to ONE per customer. Flippers lost again :bibliahh: 

18 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Limited to ONE per customer. Flippers lost again :bibliahh: 

Ships on July 29, 2022

Limited to 4 units per fan.

I won. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.