Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

does anyone have a $5 UO coupon? I need one asap :weeps:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Kings. said:

It’s already in the hands of fans!

Iggy is planning on signing the signed ones this week once she gets back to LA!

I have a signed copy, can't wait to get it soon!  

9 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

You know it’s summer when people are getting drunk on Mondays. :deadbanana2: I ain’t mad at you. Sip it up! :nicole:

But did I lie?

Maybe a lil’ bit. Enrique has gems from all his eras. But as bodies of work, I prefer self-titled debut, Vivir, Cosas del Amor, Enrique and Quizás. I know Escape was his breakthrough for the GP or whomever, but that album is really not my vibe. It’s very calculated and it did what needed to be done, I guess.  :cm:

No lies at all! His best work is from the 90s. 

My Urban Outfitters variant of Cannibal arrived today and it looks so good. :jonny: It might be my favorite variant in my entire collection.

12 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

You know it’s summer when people are getting drunk on Mondays. :deadbanana2: I ain’t mad at you. Sip it up! :nicole:

But did I lie?

Maybe a lil’ bit. Enrique has gems from all his eras. But as bodies of work, I prefer self-titled debut, Vivir, Cosas del Amor, Enrique and Quizás. I know Escape was his breakthrough for the GP or whomever, but that album is really not my vibe. It’s very calculated and it did what needed to be done, I guess.  :cm:

I find Enrique's English debut to be far more calculated than his followup. Thing is up until that point Enrique made straightforward pop music divorced of any kind of ethnic style so it's was always sketchy he went in a 'Latin-pop' direction for his crossover the moment that became the dominant trend in mainstream music. The album was very quickly rolled out to captitalise on the Latin-pop fad a with some big name song writers and producers as well as a duet with a resurgent Whitney Houston. It's a well made set for sure but very calculated.

While that album had been fairly successful I don't think there was a huge expectations for his follow up so Interscope gave him more freedom with Escape. That album doesn't really follow any of the then current trends in music and he didn't work with any big name writers or producers. Even the choice to release Hero as the first single was an odd one although I suspect that they may have been thinking it would play better with his Latin base who they assumed would be the main audience for the album. I remember at one point the were going to release Escape and what would have been Quizas close together but with the same lead single. The narrative has always been that Hero only became a success because of it's unintentional association with 9/11 and Escape only sold because of that one song...while not exactly true (Hero was working it's way up the charts in the two prior to the terrorist attack and the album bounced back up the charts with subsequent singles) it's clear that Hero becoming an accidental monster hit was what gave him his breakthrough and a springboard to followup hits. The album was definitely a much bigger hit than anyone in Enrique's camp ever planned it would be.

Edited by CLNC

Ladies… I officially got my first vinyl sent in a plastic bag with no padding :rip: Every corner is beyond damaged, obviously! Thank you, Amazon!

And it’s a vinyl that I previously ordered and returned due to damage last year. Perhaps I’m just not meant to have it. :rip:

Now when did the orange Harry’s House vinyl go up on his store? It’s obviously soldout now, but I don’t appreciate that I wasn’t noticed by email like I am for every other piece of merch that’s been released ?

3 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Now when did the orange Harry’s House vinyl go up on his store? It’s obviously soldout now, but I don’t appreciate that I wasn’t noticed by email like I am for every other piece of merch that’s been released ?

LMAO I just looking at his store and saw that... I don't think it was actually available yet, but this should be a good indication that it can come at any time :biblio:

Did anyone get anything from Target’s sale?

25 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

LMAO I just looking at his store and saw that... I don't think it was actually available yet, but this should be a good indication that it can come at any time :biblio:

If it does and I miss the drop can you get me a copy? :biblio: 

8 minutes ago, Kings. said:

If it does and I miss the drop can you get me a copy? :biblio: 

Yuh yuh I will even message you on Insta :gaycat2:

not harry teasing the orange vinyl when it‘s almost midnight… i hope i won‘t miss it :monkey:

8 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

not harry teasing the orange vinyl when it‘s almost midnight… i hope i won‘t miss it :monkey:

I will try to get one for you too

10 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Yuh yuh I will even message you on Insta :gaycat2:

Thanks :hug: If you message me on there even that it’s up, I should be quick enough to get to it. I type fast and I’ll even log in early so everything is ready to go :cm: 

I went to my local target earlier and they had a TON of records marked as clearance 70% off. Nothing great, mostly older generation albums, but off memory the only two things that most people would like are Love for Sale and that recent Demi album. 

Channel ORANGE 10th anniversary is fast approaching. lettuce hope an official vinyl is finally coming (and that I don’t miss out on it) :jonny5:

Adele Hello GIF

8 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I will try to get one for you too

thank you! :lakitu:

i just saw that they took the listing down again (or maybe i just can‘t find it) 

10 hours ago, Kings. said:

Now when did the orange Harry’s House vinyl go up on his store? It’s obviously sold out now, but I don’t appreciate that I wasn’t noticed by email like I am for every other piece of merch that’s been released ?

The fact I had to wait 3 hours to get it. :deadbanana2: 

7 hours ago, Mellark said:

The fact I had to wait 3 hours to get it. :deadbanana2: 

Such a mess. I can’t stand these labels and their FOMO tactics :rip: 

On 7/4/2022 at 11:53 PM, likefoxesdo said:

Ladies… I officially got my first vinyl sent in a plastic bag with no padding :rip: Every corner is beyond damaged, obviously! Thank you, Amazon!

And it’s a vinyl that I previously ordered and returned due to damage last year. Perhaps I’m just not meant to have it. :rip:

I believe there is an option to have items packaged when you check-out. Either way, that fucken sucks and at least Amazon is good about returns/exchanges. Try chatting with customer service, asking for a replacement and the vinyl being boxed. 

7 hours ago, Jotham said:

I'm spending so much money on Target vinyl :jonny:

do they have Florence's album discounted. Ive always wanted but can't justify the $40 for that for some reason. 

My webstore exclusive from The Driver Era that I waited 8 MONTHS for arrived damaged last week, and customer service initially only wanted to give me a 10% refund -which then went up to 15% :eek:  but I kept arguing and now they are sending me a replacement and I can keep the damaged copy.

Sometimes it's good to complain 

78RbjHZ.gif

30 minutes ago, period sis said:

do they have Florence's album discounted. Ive always wanted but can't justify the $40 for that for some reason. 

No it’s regular price still

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.