Vinyl Talk | Round and round the record goes...

James_Dean

8 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Pretty sure the Blackground AALIYAH will be the same gatefold as VMP without the gold lettering and the VMP stamping. They wouldn't do a whole new mockup for this. 

JPC states it will be a gatefold too.

I don't think so. VMP exclusives are pressed exclusively by them at their own factory.

Otherwise, Blackground would already have the standard black copies ready and out in the hands of those that already purchased them

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I have one, but I haven't had the urge to set it up. :skull:

Imagine buying vinyl and not playing it :deadbanana4: pls

19 minutes ago, Attitude said:

evelyn-eve.gif

Stream good to know (deluxe), trying not to think about it and the 2018 Recordings :—)

1 minute ago, Edibles. said:

Stream good to know (deluxe), trying not to think about it and the 2018 Recordings :—)

I'd buy her versions too if she ever releases them. :michael:

59 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I don't think so. VMP exclusives are pressed exclusively by them at their own factory.

Do you have more infos on this? I thought they are outsourcing the pressing. I've heard of the pressing plant they are currently planning in Denver but can't find anything on their current pressing plant. 

Just thought they have an exclusive deal with a pressing plant to get their copies faster than the usual customers. 

I doubt Blackground would have any connections like that, so it's understandable it's taking so long for them to get their black pressings done these days. They are nobodies to them tbh. 

43 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Do you have more infos on this? I thought they are outsourcing the pressing. I've heard of the pressing plant they are currently planning in Denver but can't find anything on their current pressing plant. 

Just thought they have an exclusive deal with a pressing plant to get their copies faster than the usual customers. 

I doubt Blackground would have any connections like that, so it's understandable it's taking so long for them to get their black pressings done these days. They are nobodies to them tbh. 

Just kidding- the Denver plant will now be their own personal plant.

Previously, they have been using 2 plants to complete their orders:

In order to meet specific quality and production needs, VMP consistently utilizes two plants: Quality Record Pressings (QRP) in Salina, Kansas, and GZ Vinyl in the Czech Republic.

Interview with CEO of VMP: https://companyweek.com/article/where-vinyl-me-please-manufactures

The Aaliyah pressing from VMP is done by GZ Vinyl from Czech Republic. Some ppl already have the Ultimate Aaliyah 3lp pressing from Blackground and those, according to Discogs, were Made In Canada. Doesn't say who by, but I would assume with the prior info, the Aaliyah record from Blackground will not be the same as VMP's. 

The orange Harry's House variant I traded my extra sea glass vinyl for arrived :jonny5: it's so pretty

8 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Just kidding- the Denver plant will now be their own personal plant.

Previously, they have been using 2 plants to complete their orders:

The Aaliyah pressing from VMP is done by GZ Vinyl from Czech Republic. Some ppl already have the Ultimate Aaliyah 3lp pressing from Blackground and those, according to Discogs, were Made In Canada. Doesn't say who by, but I would assume with the prior info, the Aaliyah record from Blackground will not be the same as VMP's. 

Thanks for the info, sis! :hug: I hope VMP will extend their service and make it more European friendly in the future. I really like some of their pressings (visually speaking, never had the chance to spin one them)

• ATRL Moderator

Listened to Avril's self-titled on the grey disc to celebrate it reaching 500m streams and WHEW it sounded glorious :jamming:

15 hours ago, James_Dean said:

The orange Harry's House variant I traded my extra sea glass vinyl for arrived :jonny5: it's so pretty

The store sent me an extra orange instead of the sea one now they're gonna send it again and let me keep the extra one :hippo:

14 minutes ago, KK_Lover said:

The store sent me an extra orange instead of the sea one now they're gonna send it again and let me keep the extra one :hippo:

You're very very lucky :swan:

6 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

You're very very lucky :swan:

I'll be lucky once I'll actually receive the vinyl :pancake:

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I don't like this. I want them separate :monkey:

It’s definitely serving 

28515011-0d03-4ed9-83a5-c011d2b33e34_1.4

5 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

It’s definitely serving 

28515011-0d03-4ed9-83a5-c011d2b33e34_1.4

Idk why they haven't given us a wide spread release yet. She signed that new deal forever ago

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Idk why they haven't given us a wide spread release yet. She signed that new deal forever ago

Apparently Sony Music Mexico is starting first then maybe it’ll be sold elsewhere :cm:

at least they could've kept the setlist for the inside, it's giving bootleg :snorkle:

My RSD 2022 variant of Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way finally arrived from Zia Records and it looks so good. :weeps: Blue is the perfect color for the album.

1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

Mess. This is someone running to Tijuana to buy the copies to fulfill orders. I'd wait to see if they pop up on eBay for less. 

1 minute ago, Attitude said:

Mess. This is someone running to Tijuana to buy the copies to fulfill orders. I'd wait to see if they pop up on eBay for less. 

Less than $60? I doubt it. :katie:

Happy for the Mexican girlies but my god, enough of those regional releases for WORLDWIDE SUPERSTARS. :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.