R&B/Soul Discussion

Wicked

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

@Devin @Armani?

It's a HIT (on my playlist), I take back my slander. Straight flamez.

The instrumental changes in the second half, Ushers verse, 4batz finally adding a damn verse :jonny6:

How is this dude getting all these high profile features:bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Armani?

• Wicked

• HarajukuPrincess

11 minutes ago, Armani? said:

How is this dude getting all these high profile features:bibliahh:

Both him and Usher are signed to gamma :skull: So it makes sense fr.

15 hours ago, Wicked said:

@Devin @Armani?

The instrumental changes in the second half, Ushers verse, 4batz finally adding a damn verse :jonny6:

This showed up on my release radar and I can't get enough yeahhh :jonny: 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Reverie said:

This showed up on my release radar and I can't get enough yeahhh :jonny: 

My first listen was on my sound system lord the bass knocked me out alone.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:55 AM, Virgos Groove said:

I'm looking for some recommendations. Does anybody have other tracks with this summery early-90s R&B vibe?

spacer.png

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Since it's probably a song you don't know, not actually even 90s but I can't lie they ate this random Sonic OST LMAO they need to credit whoever the singer is 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Wicked said:

My first listen was on my sound system lord the bass knocked me out alone.

I replayed like three times right after Usher's part so when I finally heard the instrumental at the final stretch I was like omg the songs just getting better and better LMAO 

3 minutes ago, Reverie said:

I replayed like three times right after Usher's part so when I finally heard the instrumental at the final stretch I was like omg the songs just getting better and better LMAO 

Yes!!! the added outro instrumental took me out. It impressed me, you don't hear that type of stuff often in modern Contemporary R&B anymore. A lot of the instrumentals be on sleepy time and don't even have a designated 'outro' section. Him doing it for a remix feels very old school too, most remixes don't switch things up these days.

I was very unfamiliar with his game, but clearly he been listening to some Jodeci :jonny6:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yes!!! the added outro instrumental took me out. It impressed me, you don't hear that type of stuff often in modern Contemporary R&B anymore. A lot of the instrumentals be on sleepy time and don't even have a designated 'outro' section. Him doing it for a remix feels very old school too, most remixes don't switch things up these days.

I was very unfamiliar with his game, but clearly he been listening to some Jodeci :jonny6:

Ugh exactly :jonny: It was a sexy banger but those synths/keys at the very end sealed the deal. Composed by real musicians, songs that are structured progressed with little details, harmonies, melodic flourishes etc. I could just be on my boomer and not paying attention enough but that's real music that's put together in different areas! Idk who 4batz is tho but thank you to him wkejnhweh

The Jodeci print truly, from the overall vibe and sonic pallete to the musicianship :jonny: DeVante my GOAT :jonny: 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Ugh exactly :jonny: It was a sexy banger but those synths/keys at the very end sealed the deal. Composed by real musicians, songs that are structured progressed with little details, harmonies, melodic flourishes etc. I could just be on my boomer and not paying attention enough but that's real music that's put together in different areas! Idk who 4batz is tho but thank you to him wkejnhweh

The Jodeci print truly, from the overall vibe and sonic pallete to the musicianship :jonny: DeVante my GOAT :jonny: 

His debut mixtape isn't bad, but it came across as generic to me minus 2 tracks (I think you'll really like this one), but if this remix is a sign of what's to come in his (very early) career I'm gonna have to tap in. 

He restoring a feeling with this one. I saw the Jodeci vibes when he came on the scene dressing like a rapper, but the DeVante influence on this joint got me in a choke. Coming for a top 5 debut on my year end scrobbles :rip:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wicked said:

@Devin @Armani?

addicted to this :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reverie said:

Hide contents

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Since it's probably a song you don't know, not actually even 90s but I can't lie they ate this random Sonic OST LMAO they need to credit whoever the singer is 

Not that Sonic song being house EXCELLENCE. :jonny:

The other songs are great too, especially the Chanté Moore one. Thx! :hughard:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wicked said:

His debut mixtape isn't bad, but it came across as generic to me minus 2 tracks (I think you'll really like this one), but if this remix is a sign of what's to come in his (very early) career I'm gonna have to tap in. 

He restoring a feeling with this one. I saw the Jodeci vibes when he came on the scene dressing like a rapper, but the DeVante influence on this joint got me in a choke. Coming for a top 5 debut on my year end scrobbles :rip:

Oh yeah that ones great too. He definitely seems promising if this is his first year, we need all the new young R&B singers we can get. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:13 PM, Wicked said:

A underrated DeVante deep cut.

• 3 weeks later...

WHEW

Ravyn and Kenyon had my favorite R&B releases of the day.

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Burn said:

oh wow :eek:

2 albums this century, Lauryn Hill is shaking.

RIP Frankie Beverly man... That hurts. I'm glad he felt the love before his calling. 🕊️

I'm so ashamed to say I've just discovered this album, it's so great, the vocal delivery, the instrumentation, the melodies and harmonies. so many classics :jonny4:

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Devin said:

yea leon thomas snapped on this one im obsessed.

I'm going to give it a listen.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.