K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Young Volcanoes said:

Maybe it's because they were always marketed as groups and didn't have any opportunities to show their potential as soloists? They literally opened their personal instagram accounts this year after more than half a decade since debut. Not to mention Jungkook's first song is a COLLAB with Charlie Puth of all people and Nayeon got a bunch of Twice demos... :deadvision:

In Charlie Puth's defense, he's very very popular in Korea so Jungkook doing a collab with him was a VERY safe move.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Adama said:

We should but like you said the double standard is funny 

According to who? Atrl critics? 

And she did get a worldwide hit! 

No one was expecting a PAK, but not even in the top 50? The uls are not even high :toofunny3:. But maybe it’s bc it’s the weekend 

It’s 39 on melon daily charts. It was a Friday release. Alcohol free was released on Wednesday, literally unless you’re IU, BTS or BP Friday releases don’t do well. The hits songs will rise on the weekends will the new songs lose ULS, maybe you should wait on Monday. :cm:

7 minutes ago, bocelli said:

No shade but I think its kinda crazy how BTS and TWICE are like in the TOP5 biggest kpop groups ever yet none of the members have any solo power...I wonder how this can be? :rip:

When your whole brand is marketed as OT9 and OT7 it’s pretty hard to do well as a soloist. I think since y’all are way too used to the BP‘s strategy you guys keep acting these idols are irrelevant, when they have no time to promote individually. 

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

For BTS I think only Suga is taken seriously in SK. He’s the only one with hits 

Suga doesn't have a single solo hit. :rip:

All he's doing is attaching his name to more popular or more talented artists than him.

People don't care if it's (Prod. SUGA), they only see and hear IU. :toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, Adama said:

Maybe in Korea, but JK has a literally a song with 300M streams on Spotify and that’s a b-side :rip: BTS members have high debuts on Spotify, it’s just their songs are not that good.  And it’s not like they release a song per year. 

Edited by Dialamba

2 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

In Charlie Puth's defense, he's very very popular in Korea so Jungkook doing a collab with him was a VERY safe move.

Maybe so but the song is very mediocre (the video is cute though). Plus Jungkook lost a lot of fans after revamping his look if I'm not mistaken, then BTS lost fans with their new music and akgaes will obviously not stream the song. Still, I think it'll rise in the following days. :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Adama said:

Yeah but in order to get hits, he had to collab with the biggest names in S. Korea, Psy and IU, so that doesnt say much about his solo power.

6 minutes ago, Aram said:

I You think about it, YG groups always have at least one member who is or were actually succesful as solo.

Gdragon

Taeyang

CL

Bom

Mino

Bobby 

All Blackpink members 

I don't know much about treasure tho

Yes and look at the biggest groups from other company:

Wonder Girls - Sunmi

EXO - Baekhyun

Mamamoo - Hwasa

Red Velvet - dont follow up on them but I remember reading Joy has Top10 hits???

SNSD - Taeyeon

Shinee - Taemin

Its just BTS and TWICE from the biggest groups :deadbanana2:

Honestly, we need to debunk the (Prod. SUGA) propaganda.

Suran and Changmo both had other hits before and after their song with Suga.

Lee Sora is very respected in Korea, critically acclaimed and generally more known than Suga.

Then the rest is Heize, IU and Psy who are all digimons...

I would like to see him smash with a solo song.

:cm:

POP > No Problem. 

yLN0Fwo.gif

3 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

POP > No Problem. 

yLN0Fwo.gif

taste

No Problem is so overrated

yLN0Fwo.gif

Maybe RBW is doing a good job at promoting KARD

4 minutes ago, Narima said:

Song of the summer :lakitu:

2 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

What is this eat??

The fact that some of Red Velvet vocals are still on this. :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

No shade but I think its kinda crazy how BTS and TWICE are like in the TOP5 biggest kpop groups ever yet none of the members have any solo power...I wonder how this can be? :rip:

A lot of the groups vocally work great in group but solo you can hear their flaws and how a few seconds in a song isn’t the same as having a whole solo song or album. Personally I can listen to a lot of SM female vocals for hours because of how beautiful they sound but if I try and listen to female groups in the big 4 outside of SM. They don’t sound as pretty and pleasing to the ear. 

11 hours ago, Billionaire said:

the aespa vs IVE fanwars are VERY BP vs TWICE :deadbanana2:

The arguments about who's more  "global" or not :deadbanana2: All the fighting abt how Korea is more important than WW success :deadbanana2:  Funny how history repeats itself cause whew

we know how that ended 

Pop grew after two listens

yLN0Fwo.gif

but they should have started doing solos and units in 2019 when they were still popular, if they can't score a hit as a group anymore then I don't see any of the members doing it solo

7 minutes ago, thirdward said:

we know how that ended 

The 'global' group prevailed in the end? 

I definitely would love that but tbf 4th gen has a lot more to offer and definitely not as boring as 3rd gen. Nmixx and Lesserfim could even be a dark horse in this race.

Apparently Taeyeon can mention a Jung sister :fan:

Happy birthday to you, to you for you

Oh happy birthday to you, you

this song has red velvet all over it.

why aren't the sheep stanning nayeonce's mini?

yLN0Fwo.gif

Edited by MonsterNavy

6 minutes ago, exists said:

The 'global' group prevailed in the end? 

I definitely would love that but tbf 4th gen has a lot more to offer and definitely not as boring as 3rd gen. Nmixx and Lesserfim could even be a dark horse in this race.

Apparently Taeyeon can mention a Jung sister :fan:

LSRF? Dark horse? They will have the biggest hybe song this year, sold 400k albums, and did great internationally. NMIXX is from JYP they will be successful no matter what.  A dark horse would be Stayc or Billlie but they’re still behind these groups. 

Edited by Dialamba

3 minutes ago, boubour said:

ended the original

With ease. Seeing the song performed without any deadweight members is a true delight 

Miss nayonce flopping :rip:

I thought shes the most popular???? 

Even Joy can score a hit with cover song and ost, but why miss nayon flopping with high budget video? 

Edited by Pinter

it's too early to say that nayeon is flopping, like at least give it a week or smth :eli:

at least we got Spotify :gaycat5:

8 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

LSRF? Dark horse? They will have the biggest hybe song this year, sold 400k albums, and did great internationally. NMIXX is from JYP they will be successful no matter what.  A dark horse would be Stayc or Billlie but they’re still behind these groups. 

stayc behind nmixx?