K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

45 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This isn’t true?

BTS members have gotten pretty close to BP members on Instagram in less than a year since joining and have super high engagement… 

Suga has gotten multiple hits outside of BTS among other things.

Jungkook has multiple songs with hundreds of millions of streams that weren’t even promoted. 

Jimin has an OST that has 150M streams in Spotify. 

I hate that this thread is so desperate to discredit BTS that even I as a complete hater of them has to be logical about it :deadbanana2:

not to mention the fact that they really only just started promoting as individuals a few months ago :skull:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Blackpink fandom is full of akgaes fighting each others to prove which girl is the most popular while the army stan for the whole group.

is this why jhopes solo TANKED?

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

This isn’t true?

BTS members have gotten pretty close to BP members on Instagram in less than a year since joining and have super high engagement… 

Suga has gotten multiple hits outside of BTS among other things.

Jungkook has multiple songs with hundreds of millions of streams that weren’t even promoted. 

Jimin has an OST that has 150M streams in Spotify. 

I hate that this thread is so desperate to discredit BTS that even I as a complete hater of them has to be logical about it :deadbanana2:

Suga is a successful producer but works with already relevant singers. I mean J-hope’s debut was flop and he has a top 10 right now because of Crush.
Jungkook and V (maybe Jimin) are the only real deals, Jungkook has successful songs without any push. V hasn’t started yet he can big as long he doesn’t release dud songs. 
Jungkook > V > Lisa > Jennie > Jisoo > Rosé >>> the rest 

Edited by Dialamba

25 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Blackpink fandom is full of akgaes fighting each others to prove which girl is the most popular while the army stan for the whole group.

Let’s not lie armyz only care about the Maknae line and Suga. We saw it with J hope and it’s going to be the same with Rap Monster album 

8 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

is this why jhopes solo TANKED?

2 minutes ago, Adama said:

Let’s not lie armyz only care about the Maknae line and Suga. We saw it with J hope and it’s going to be the same with Rap Monster album 

Exactly, the stans seems to only support the whole group projects also it doesn't help that the projects have been awful tbh

BTS are bigger as a group and BP absolutely stomp on them as solo members, I thought this has been known for ages now. Their strength is literally OT7.

I wouldn't say all the pinks are bigger than V, Jungkook, and Jimin but yeah its gonna take them a while to reach Lisa/Jennie's level.

3 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

I don't know what to expect. When they said It's something they've never done, they really meant it.  :dancehall:

It's the best song so far on the album though :jamming: I feel like "noise music" is slowly dying in Kpop.

1 hour ago, Sugden said:

the way this is about to be the only song im gonna like this era

at least they got the title track right

Yeah I feel the same way low key as for now. But let's see when the album comes out 

BTS vs BLACKPINK in terms of solo power and popularity (objectively):

1. V

2. Lisa

3. Jungkook

4. Jennie

5. Jisoo

6. Rosé

7. Jimin

8. Suga

9. Jin

10. RM

11. J-Hope

V is defitnely bigger than any of the BP girls what are y’all smoking :rip:

it’s just that BTS has always been about OT7 and V hasn’t done as many individual high end brand deals and influencer-lite exposure as BP has. 
Even Jungkook is debatable but I’d say Lisa and Jennie are way more known than him. 

51 minutes ago, DelRey said:

This is also true asgagahbshshsvzunzjyxg :rip:

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

can you do this for korea only? im interested

d2n3Uq6.png

V in green, JK pink, Lisa purple and Jennie in orange

Edited by Windy Day

The way Gaeul's lines always go viral :ghostface:

I love how people are doing this new thing with Gaeul's lines where they make them fit with Western pop girls :bibliahh:

Gaeul Cyrus :dies:

Never forget this classic, Gaeul Lovato>>>> :alexz:

It's definitely V>JK>Lisa>Jennie :rip: also I highly doubt Jisoo or Rosé is more popular than Jimin. They are more popular than the rest of the BTS members tho.

16 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

V is defitnely bigger than any of the BP girls what are y’all smoking :rip:

it’s just that BTS has always been about OT7 and V hasn’t done as many individual high end brand deals and influencer-lite exposure as BP has. 
Even Jungkook is debatable but I’d say Lisa and Jennie are way more known than him. 

17 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

BTS vs BLACKPINK in terms of solo power and popularity (objectively):

1. V

2. Lisa

3. Jungkook

4. Jennie

5. Jisoo

6. Rosé

7. Jimin

8. Suga

9. Jin

10. RM

11. J-Hope

jungkook is not bigger than jennie and jisoo. and lisa beats everyone

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

The way Gaeul's lines always go viral :ghostface:

I love how people are doing this new thing with Gaeul's lines where they make them fit with Western pop girls :bibliahh:

Gaeul Cyrus :dies:

Never forget this classic, Gaeul Lovato>>>> :alexz:

gaeul is so iconic :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, TanjiroKamado said:

jungkook is not bigger than jennie and jisoo. and lisa beats everyone

As a Jisoo bias, I can admit that Jungkook is indeed bigger than Jisoo. I was a little unsure about Jungkook and Jennie though, since they are pretty much on the same level, but I think Jungkook has the edge over Jennie a little bit. 

20 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

It's the best song so far on the album though :jamming: I feel like "noise music" is slowly dying in Kpop.

Yeah I feel the same way low key as for now. But let's see when the album comes out 

I confess I like the teasers of all the other songs in the album more. Especially 'Super Board' and 'Give Me Your TMI'. I don't know If It's cause they give me a sense of familiarity and I know what to expect. 

I'm strugging to figure out what Stray Kids is doing with Case 143. What is their intention with the song and how It could sound like as a whole. 

I don't think It's poppy, neither hit-harding. It's somewhere in the middle. It has sirens, chanty post chorus, energy, its seems fun and boyband-ish at the same time, reminds me of late 90s/early 00 etc. Its like SKZ meeting NSYNC. 

I don't know how to explain well or If what I said makes sense. Cause I can't think of any song they have similar. 

I have mixed feelings. Or I will like It a lot or I will think It's a disaster lol 

6 minutes ago, smates said:

It's definitely V>JK>Lisa>Jennie :rip: also I highly doubt Jisoo or Rosé is more popular than Jimin. They are more popular than the rest of the BTS members tho.

you all be saying stupid ish like this when in reality jks solo debut featuring a huge male popstar couldnt even crack top 20 on billboard

v cant even release :rip:

but money was a global hit

Edited by TanjiroKamado

2 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I confess I like the teasers of all the other songs in the album more. Especially 'Super Board' and 'Give Me Your TMI'. I don't know If It's cause they give me a sense of familiarity and I know what to expect. 

I'm strugging to figure out what Stray Kids is doing with Case 143. What is their intention with the song and how It could sound like as a whole. 

I don't think It's poppy, neither hit-harding. It's somewhere in the middle. It has sirens, chanty post chorus, energy, its seems fun and boyband-ish at the same time, reminds me of late 90s/early 00 etc. Its like SKZ meeting NSYNC. 

I don't know how to explain well or If what I said makes sense. Cause I can't think of any song they have similar. 

I have mixed feelings. Or I will like It a lot or I will think It's a disaster lol 

Their b-sides do have a lot of lighter songs so this sound is not new to them at all, but their title tracks have always been hard hitting except for "Levanter" and "I am you". 

This is the first time they are doing a light concept as a title track ever since they blew up with "God's Menu", since they sticked with the "noisy sound" ever since, due to it being successful. 

I don't mind the the concept change, and they probably also want to try something different and try to expand their audience, since not everyone listens to b-sides. They probably wan't to show a different side to them, while having their signature SKZ sound as well. Like it might be lighter concept, but it will still have the SKZ feeling about it. 

2 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

you all be saying stupid ish like this when in reality jks solo debut featuring a huge male popstar couldnt even crack top 20 on billboard

v cant even release :rip:

but money was a global hit

Wait you kinda spilled, cause "Money" is indeed bigger than most BP and BTS singles even though she never promoted it. Like it just happened organically, which showcases her power, so she is indeed the most popular it seems :michael:

popularity and chart sucess are two different things 

just look at eun woo, the korean it boy 

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

Their b-sides do have a lot of lighter songs so this sound is not new to them at all, but their title tracks have always been hard hitting except for "Levanter" and "I am you". 

This is the first time they are doing a light concept as a title track ever since they blew up with "God's Menu", since they sticked with the "noisy sound" ever since, due to it being successful. 

I don't mind the the concept change, and they probably also want to try something different and try to expand their audience, since not everyone listens to b-sides. They probably wan't to show a different side to them, while having their signature SKZ sound as well. Like it might be lighter concept, but it will still have the SKZ feeling about it. 

It's not about being poppier than their usual for title tracks and bright that I'm think It's different. As you said, they have bright, pop, colorful and even cute songs. It's the song-style or genre I guess. I don't how to figure out to explain well. :dancehall:

tbh aespa would sound so good on something intense like this

its edgy without being too much

and while I like Girls, it’s not an earworm like their earlier titles + illusion 

not y’all falling for that obvious dupe/troll :rip:

anyways the real question why is Jimin called the IT boy of Korea and BTS while V (and JK) are much popular

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate