K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Zack said:

SM got mad and blacklisted her because she exposed the members on Weibo before they had a chance to put out a fake statement. 

They were going to say she was "sick" and going on indefinite hiatus, but Jessica was like "f**k it". There's a chapter in the book where "Rachel" speaks to her family about whether she should go along with SM's plan or just tell fans the truth and face being destroyed by SM. We all know what happened there. 

Oh shoot I didn't know about that. I'm kinda sad she didn't decide to go along with SM's plan or at least waited a little bit with exposing members till most of them have no careers whatsoever. She's been always a MPG material

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Weeaboo said:

Do you blame her? Why would you marry a man that has many people to pay back. Also Jessica could barely even commit to her schedules in China (which is why she got sued) you expect her to be a student at fashion school and be a attending student? :chick1: 

Amber was able to sign a American managing studio that has no affliction to SM when she still had her contract. She she wasn’t miserable, she was just unpopular. 

and no zack, no one is jealous of a fashion business that no one even knows if it will be successful. 

There were never plans of marriage and she was never intending to leave the group. Why do you think she immediately started preparing a solo album as soon as she got out of her SM contract. She never wanted to stop singing. 

Amber posted a rant on Instagram about SM when she was in the company and an American management doesn't mean much since it's out of Korea and SM's contract probably didn't prevent it. 

They didn't say anything about her fashion brand when it started, they only got a problem once it started being successful.

1 minute ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

Oh shoot I didn't know about that. I'm kinda sad she didn't decide to go along with SM's plan or at least waited a little bit with exposing members till most of them have no careers whatsoever. She's been always a MPG material

Yeah I think her big mistake was not just going along with the hiatus. Things would have been calmer for her. 

But I guess she was so shocked and emotional (and probably really angry) about it that she just wanted people to know her side of the story. Or maybe she didn't trust SM to have her back, considering they went along with the girls' decision to remove her. 

The irony is, everyone drags her (including here) for wanting to start something solo for herself, but look at what the other 8 are doing now. None of them are focusing on the group and haven't for half a decade. Surprise surprise, they're putting themselves first. 

Ok I never heard the full song and I just heard it :biblio: definitely one of the songs where adding English ruined it, it actually sounds like he recorded this just by reading off a lyrics sheet 

If he gets more solos (which he probably will with all that favouritism) he needs to drop songs like this

Edited by rapperjennie

12 minutes ago, Zack said:

There were never plans of marriage and she was never intending to leave the group. Why do you think she immediately started preparing a solo album as soon as she got out of her SM contract. She never wanted to stop singing. 

Amber posted a rant on Instagram about SM when she was in the company and an American management doesn't mean much since it's out of Korea and SM's contract probably didn't prevent it. 

They didn't say anything about her fashion brand when it started, they only got a problem once it started being successful.

SM could prevent it. There is a reason why Chinese idols or American idols that are in SM don’t sign to a local management the moment they get popular. 

And that is what I’m saying, there is not such a problem that could cause them to be jealous. There is nothing that fashion brand that could have been bringing that could make them worry that a quick CF couldn’t fix. 

2 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

SM could prevent it. There is a reason why Chinese idols or American idols that are in SM don’t sign to a local management the moment they get popular. 

And that is what I’m saying, there is not such a problem that could cause them to be jealous. There is nothing that fashion brand that could have been bringing that could make them worry that a quick CF couldn’t fix. 

Exactly. There were more problems with Jessica's brand and relationship with Tyler rather than just "jealousy"

6 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

Victoria signed a separate management contract in China while still at SM, so that's not true. SM's contract probably doesn't deal with overseas activities in much detail. 

And again, you're not really making any point. The issue wasn't the business itself, the issue was that it was a successful business and they were worried about some potential impact on the group's/other members' ability to get CFs.

But clearly SM didn't have that worry or they would never have allowed the business to start in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Wake Up said:

The rigged music program win, the hate train from ajummas, the backlash for singing off-key and now one member might bully her schoolmate into seeking legal protection

LSRF has the most chaotic debut in recent memory:skull:

Ship them to Japan until they get their s*** together :skull:

4 hours ago, Adama said:

She have HYBE number blocked :coffee:

Speaking of her, she might finally get an acting job soon 

wow UW is such a disaster, imagine being unable to book any acting role even though you got one of the most popular ex-izone member in your company :deadbanana4:

34 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

Winwin just did it.

1 hour ago, All In My Head said:

Why is no one talking about the Secret Number comeback :jonny: 

Because we're all busy watching Denis redebut on tiktok with Daisy.

:cm:

33 minutes ago, Zack said:

Victoria signed a separate management contract in China while still at SM, so that's not true. SM's contract probably doesn't deal with overseas activities in much detail. 

And again, you're not really making any point. The issue wasn't the business itself, the issue was that it was a successful business and they were worried about some potential impact on the group's/other members' ability to get CFs.

But clearly SM didn't have that worry or they would never have allowed the business to start in the first place. 

Yes that’s with SM approval. I don’t think you understand that it all stems back with SM approval. Both Amber and Victoria both got the approval. Just like Lay and that nct guy. So yes Jessica could have gotten approval to take the break with SM approval. 

It’s almost like talking to a wall. It’s almost like you dead ass took her book as the truth and ran with it :michael: no wonder you’re writing post like “the girls were jealous of Jessica’s business” 

1 minute ago, Weeaboo said:

Yes that’s with SM approval. I don’t think you understand that it all stems back with SM approval. Both Amber and Victoria both got the approval. Just like Lay and that nct guy. So yes Jessica could have gotten approval to take the break with SM approval. 

It’s almost like talking to a wall. It’s almost like you dead ass took her book as the truth and ran with it :michael: no wonder you’re writing post like “the girls were jealous of Jessica’s business” 

What idol do you know from SM who was allowed to "take a break" from their activities, except for health reasons? No one. 

Not to mention the whole "she wanted to take a break from SNSD" is fake. I asked you why she immediately began working on a solo album if she wanted to prioritize fashion and leave music but you have no answer. 

I think the wall is you. Unfortunately some people are so set on Jessica being this evil villain and blaming her for all kinds of things that you can't really see what's going on. 

The book is fiction (based on a true story), but the storyline does not contradict anything that we know publicly. However, the things you are suggesting are true, DO contradict. 

13 minutes ago, Zack said:

What idol do you know from SM who was allowed to "take a break" from their activities, except for health reasons? No one. 

Not to mention the whole "she wanted to take a break from SNSD" is fake. I asked you why she immediately began working on a solo album if she wanted to prioritize fashion and leave music but you have no answer. 

I think the wall is you. Unfortunately some people are so set on Jessica being this evil villain and blaming her for all kinds of things that you can't really see what's going on. 

The book is fiction (based on a true story), but the storyline does not contradict anything that we know publicly. However, the things you are suggesting are true, DO contradict. 

The topic was of SM would allow things and you brought up contracts that SM has allowed while the idol is still signed to them. And I told you all of those contracts because SM allowed them. So it’s not wild to imagine that Jessica and SM had a agreement and something happened for the agreement to break and for her to be kicked out. 

No one is seeing Jessica as evil, but we do see her as a false narrator when she makes her character the perfect saint and all the girls are jealous of her and out to get her. And then saying the only reason they get deals and not her is because they sleep with higher ups. It makes her whole story sound nothing but a hit piece no matter how you spin it. Because none of the girls have talked about Jessica. 

You can’t just write all of that and expect people to take you seriously. 

Edited by Weeaboo

3 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

The topic was of SM would allow things and you brought up contracts that SM has allowed while the idol is still signed to them. And I told you all of those contracts because SM allowed them. So it’s not wild to imagine that Jessica and SM had a agreement and something happened for the agreement to break and for her to be kicked out. 

No one is seeing Jessica as evil, but we do see her as a false narrator when she makes her character the perfect saint and all the girls are jealous of her and out to get her. And then saying the only reason they get deals and not her is because they sleep with higher ups. It makes her whole story sound nothing but a hit piece no matter how you spin it. Because none of the girls have talked about Jessica. 

You can’t just write all of that and expect people to take you seriously. 

Because it's one thing to allow for a side business or overseas management contract (which they have allowed before, as I mentioned) and a totally different thing to allow a total "break" from the group which is what you are saying SM approved (when it's something they never allowed before). Why would Jessica be treated differently from everyone else? There's no evidence that she was planning a break. 

The book is dramatized for fiction. But once again, I'm going to say that the storyline in book 2 never contradicts what we know publicly. Many false statements were released since her departure which have since been disproven. But nothing about the way the book suggests things happened has been contradicted, even now, 8 years later. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, I don't know what will. 

Just now, Somi said:

:deadbanana4:

wait 

top 20:jonny6:

#ThankYouGaram

:deadbanana4: Is this shaping up to be HYBE’s biggest digital hit in a while? (Not counting BTS singles) 

24 minutes ago, Zack said:

Because it's one thing to allow for a side business or overseas management contract (which they have allowed before, as I mentioned) and a totally different thing to allow a total "break" from the group which is what you are saying SM approved (when it's something they never allowed before). Why would Jessica be treated differently from everyone else? There's no evidence that she was planning a break. 

The book is dramatized for fiction. But once again, I'm going to say that the storyline in book 2 never contradicts what we know publicly. Many false statements were released since her departure which have since been disproven. But nothing about the way the book suggests things happened has been contradicted, even now, 8 years later. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, I don't know what will. 

But what are your thoughts on Jessica painting herself as the perfect girl while painting the others as devils, like don't you think that's freaky  fishy like a tank I'ma and mean coming from her  because no matter how much you call it fiction, it is well known that most people will take every word it says as true as she is the only one that has spoken about that issue. If she really needs to talk about this she could do it publicy outside of korea and drop names so each of the girls has a chance to defend themselves or you think this speculation about Sooyoung being the mastermind behind Jessica's departure isn't toxic to the fans and to the girls, and all the other rumors that book has spread.

Edited by MusicFan98

8 minutes ago, Somi said:

:deadbanana4: Is this shaping up to be HYBE’s biggest digital hit in a while? (Not counting BTS singles) 

Queen Garam is coming to end the girls if the mess goes on though:psyduck:

17 minutes ago, Somi said:

:deadbanana4:

wait 

Huh, they are up in the morning, and not in the zombie hours? :deadbanana:

What is this?