K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

Its always nice to see the girls spend their free time dancing as a hobby, with professional dancers/choreographers at that, they're top performers for a reason :clap3:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dialamba said:

Wow wow 

Wow maybe IVE will have a Twice type trajectory. I mean SS works them like slaves just like JYP does to Twice. :bird:

This sounds like if Oh My Girl did Love Dive

5 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

This sounds like if Oh My Girl did Love Dive

Really?  Even with Oh My Girl have 2 more main vocals than that group? :cm:

But seriously, other than Show Champion, woo!ah! bypassed all the usual music shows, except for that thing on JTBC no one remembers is on, and then they don't even present their own song.  Seemed like all a ruse so that CEO Kim Kyusang could get some TV time. :toofunny2:  Min Heejin making him feel inadequate.

:cm:

Not JYP being like his friend in HYBE trying to collect all of the Iz*One girls

23 minutes ago, elevate said:

Ningning you will always be famous. :giraffe:

SM need to stop giving them goofy choreographies and give them harder ones like BM. 

11 hours ago, New Edition said:

I'm so curious but I feel like the kind of American music Western teens are listening to is very different from the kind of KPOP those same teens might be into.

Like, the Western teens into KPOP are probably listening to New Jeans or Lesserafim or whatever. But if the same people want to listen to American pop music, they're going to be probably stanning something completely different.

I mean I guess the reason why people stan kpop is because they feel like it gives them something different from Western music. But then K-POP also wants to make it big in the West so there seems to be a disconnect whenever they make English original music and it sounds like some kind of 2009 Disney reject and it flops.

What's the difference? What do fans want? What's not clicking?

I wonder if Hybe, JYP, SM and all the other companies wanting to make American-specific Kpop groups are thinking about these questions too and have figured it out...? 

Mainly it’s the corny lyrics. Kpop is meant to be family & advertisement friendly. 
Just look at  TTH,  16/50 songs are explicit. Now look at Kpop-ON! 0/50 are explicit. When you’re listening to kpop 99% of the time you don’t understand the lyrics so it’s no problem but when you finally get a 100% English song you realise it just doesn’t click. It sounds childish. It’s very disney as you’ve put. 

Kpop being in Korean is an advantage and that’s what these company’s don’t realise. We’re here for the flashy videos, performances, choreos and catchy beats & hooks. It’s an advantage because international stans don’t realise how cringe some of these lyrics are. :deadbanana2: 

the way no one posted or talked about this :deadbanana2: sounds cute though

Edited by youresotoxic

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Mess one would think they are actually under Starship @WhalieX

Well they certainly got taste :clap3:

ugh Fatal Love was such a good era. I just need another full album era like that with decent promo before they all enlist. It's nice they all got their thing going but I miss group schedules ngl :jonnycat:

So Fifty Fifty published a lyric video for "Tell Me."

:keir:  And their driveway fills up with trash from the buiding's ground floor restaurant just like everybody else.

Edited by harrythevifan

I finally caught up to the Omega X situation and damn….but then again, are we really surprised?

at least they came out and spoke out about it, I wonder how much this happens on the daily for most idols especially since all of them start very young in this industry, but the public will never know :swan:

Kinda feel bad for the Japanese member...

Yuna, samurai blue hwaiting!!!

:eddie:

Anyway, it appears that CSR have also scheduled a fansign event that starts an hour before the World Cup Uruguay-Korea group match.  So, are they planning on having a watch party or something?  That would be kinda cool, actually.  Watching a soccer game with idols.  But there are obvious perils with aligning a promo to the fate of the Korean national team.  It could get embarrassing.

On many levels.

14 hours ago, Xalric said:

Isn't that funny that YG tried to recruit 2 of Alice members (Sohee & Bella/Do-A) and the rapper Reddy

and all of them are now signed under 131 (B.I own label) & IOK which have B.I has Music Director.

Also another fact with IOK, The One (Korean veteran singer) who was SM vocal teacher during the time SNSD & Suju were trainee is one the head of IOK and also working behind the scene helping Alice and the trainees to develop their vocal technique.

Hanbin resigned as the music director of IOK a couple of weeks ago, and left IOK as a whole too apparently

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

437M on YouTube and 300M on Spotify is crazy :deadbanana4:

their power on Spotify grew a lot :clap3:

8 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

the way no one posted or talked about this :deadbanana2: sounds cute though

Not the Christmas single being their best song :rip:

1 hour ago, PowerGarlic said:

Yeah NMIXX definitely get five songs like Hype Boy next comeback for their first mini :redface::msmarvel:

Dice was released almost 2 months after Hype Boy. If they wanted to copy it they would have