K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Help :loki: this is insane. KTRL told me they were a non factor in the West lol. The biggest girl group of the century :clap3:

once the tour is done…of all time

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

The hate this song got at first then it ended up being a viral global smash.. Lisa will always win! 

7 minutes ago, PowerGarlic said:

I thought their only b-side dud was My Satisfaction and their first two were really good. :psyduck:

I agree that My Satisfaction is their weakest b-side

Yujin's outro carried 

Miss Jennifer’s journey could be a movie plot

Trained for 6 months at Pledis then joined survival show Produce 48. Barely get any screentimes at the audition and overshadowed by Kaeun’s comback story. Somehow ended up in F class but then shook the trainers during her first evaluation performance. Finally the supports came and her votes increased until that nation’s song, Into The New World scandal

It was obvious she was better than Nako for that main vocal part. Chaewon voted for Yunjin but the other 2 untalented members from Japan voted for Nako probably because they came from the same country. But Yunjin politely asking for another vocal battle but Nako I guess chickened out and just gave that main vocal part to Yunjin and made herself looked like an angel. Shady bi…. Yunjin of course slayed but K-nets made their decision already. Nako was an angel, while Yunjin was the devil. And she was eliminated before the finale

Then Kaeun left Pledis and Pledis did nothing for Yunjin until she was transferred to Source Music. She was fired from Source Music because she failed the monthly evaluation and went back to US for a year & half until they called her again to join LSRFM. Then of course, Bullyram scandal almost ended the group

On 11/16/2022 at 12:24 AM, DelRey said:

Good, their agency was trash 

Omega X were also sexually harrassed by the CEO, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up in the thread yet

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/omega-xs-legal-representative-states-they-have-evidence-of-sexual-harassment

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/omegax-sexual-harassment-ceo-kang-reveal-press-conference/

https://mb.com.ph/2022/11/16/k-pop-group-omega-x-members-reveal-sexual-harassment-abuses-they-suffered-from-wife-of-agency-ceo/

“After practice, CEO Kang would force us to drink heavily with her. She always told us ‘You better bow down flat to me if you want to keep being Omega X,’ ‘I’m going to kill you,’ or ‘I’m going to kill myself.’ Members were very emotionally unstable due to this, and many are currently undergoing psychiatric treatment. We want to be respected as human beings, not treated like a product,” said Jaehan.

"She touched their thighs or put her face close to the members, making them feel her breathing. If women were the victims, it would be ruled as a serious criminal offense.

— OMEGA X’s Legal Representative"

22 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

Miss Jennifer’s journey could be a movie plot

Trained for 6 months at Pledis then joined survival show Produce 48. Barely get any screentimes at the audition and overshadowed by Kaeun’s comback story. Somehow ended up in F class but then shook the trainers during her first evaluation performance. Finally the supports came and her votes increased until that nation’s song, Into The New World scandal

It was obvious she was better than Nako for that main vocal part. Chaewon voted for Yunjin but the other 2 untalented members from Japan voted for Nako probably because they came from the same country. But Yunjin politely asking for another vocal battle but Nako I guess chickened out and just gave that main vocal part to Yunjin and made herself looked like an angel. Shady bi…. Yunjin of course slayed but K-nets made their decision already. Nako was an angel, while Yunjin was the devil. And she was eliminated before the finale

Then Kaeun left Pledis and Pledis did nothing for Yunjin until she was transferred to Source Music. She was fired from Source Music because she failed the monthly evaluation and went back to US for a year & half until they called her again to join LSRFM. Then of course, Bullyram scandal almost ended the group

Yeah…some people are born to be famous.
the way she got the last laugh :giraffe:

5 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Omega X were also sexually harrassed by the CEO, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up in the thread yet

Not to worry, the knets are having a field day with a boy group (with an average age of like 25) being abused by a woman.

:cm:

11 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/11/omega-xs-legal-representative-states-they-have-evidence-of-sexual-harassment

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/omegax-sexual-harassment-ceo-kang-reveal-press-conference/

https://mb.com.ph/2022/11/16/k-pop-group-omega-x-members-reveal-sexual-harassment-abuses-they-suffered-from-wife-of-agency-ceo/

“After practice, CEO Kang would force us to drink heavily with her. She always told us ‘You better bow down flat to me if you want to keep being Omega X,’ ‘I’m going to kill you,’ or ‘I’m going to kill myself.’ Members were very emotionally unstable due to this, and many are currently undergoing psychiatric treatment. We want to be respected as human beings, not treated like a product,” said Jaehan.

"She touched their thighs or put her face close to the members, making them feel her breathing. If women were the victims, it would be ruled as a serious criminal offense.

This is disturbing  :mazen:

I love RV but most of the new teasers are messy and uglee I fear. 

Also whoever is airbrushing the NMISS teasers needs to be fired :rip:

3 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Hmm:dancehall: they kinda butchered this classic 

I mean of course not everyone can match Seventeen’s energy and the dynamics of their vocals but Nmess still did good :clap3:

1 hour ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

I believe I have posted their news before. The way this is lowkey serving Burning Sun scandal where it gets bigger, more serious and darker over the time :biblio:

I need the 127 only stans to chill out about Dream getting three releases this year. 127 has been a main priority for  years now (and I love them) but this is finally Dream's moment. Why can't they just let the boys have their moment without complaining ? 

Edited by CandyCoatedClouds

The way almost half of the Bang Chan line in Super Board being the "Nyoum" sound effect :ahh:

And before that I thought it was Hyunjin made that Nyoum sound all this time :deadbanana:

Very late but this is growing on me :giraffe: Not as good as Back Door or God's Menu but I like it. 

8 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

:ahh: 

NEVER speak on my girls

8 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

:ahh:

With EASE!

now that's how it's done. :crown::crown::crown::crown:

Simply K-pop has an actual comeback stage today with CSR.  Oh the calamity.

• simply k-pop.e546: Ichillin', CSR, Craxy, Francinne, Nature, AleXa, Alice, Nine.i, TrendZ, Younite, Just B, ATBO

It's also Just B's comeback stage, but that's to be expected.

Edited by harrythevifan

4 hours ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I need the 127 only stans to chill out about Dream getting three releases this year. 127 has been a main priority for  years now (and I love them) but this is finally Dream's moment. Why can't they just let the boys have their moment without complaining ? 

Because 127 is actually serving the better music, so far Dream ain't touching 127's Second, Third and Let Alone 4th album, they got a long way to go in the quality department.

127 making fun of EXOs treatment to now being mad at sm lol and mind you they are still far better treated than EXO 

Hey, MuBank is almost on.

• MuBank.EP1142: Queenz Eye, CSR, CLASS:y, ICHILLIN', JO YURI, NATURE, YooA, LE SSERAFIM, YOUNITE, ATBO, DRIPPIN, EPEX, TRENDZ, VERIVERY, VICTON, KIM JONGHYEON, Highlight, JYP

And for the rest of the weekend:

• MuCore.EP786: CSR, ICHILLIN', CLASS:y, NATURE, JO YURI, YooA(OH MY GIRL), TFN, Xdinary Heroes, YOUNITE, ATBO, VICTON, VERIVERY, DRIPPIN, Highlight, KIM JONGHYEON, JYP
  • Inkigayo.E1162: Yooa, Secret Number, CSR, Jo Yuri, Le Sserafim, Class:y, Nature, Ichillin', Jinyoung Park, Victon, VeriVery, Drippin, Aimers, Highlight, Kim Jonghyeon, Xdinary Heroes, TFN, TrendZ

Kind of a surprise sausage storm.

Edited by harrythevifan