K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Cube is not a small company.

Soyeon was on Produce 101

They aren't some EXID or Brave Girls situation :rip: 

Even EXID and Brave Girls come from hit producers who had achieved celebrity status in Korea.  Look back at 2012 and really no girl group had a bigger debut that year than "Whoz That Girl" and then Shinsadong Tiger's money disappeared.

Coincidentally, yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the most disruptive promo in kpop  history.  Maybe.

:cm:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

Jisoo might be the least talented in term of skills but she always gives it her all. She has great work ethnic and she was genuinely just making mistakes. You can’t be that mad at her for that. Her members on the other hand is a different story! 

3:44-3:48 is a viral gif waiting to happen, someone pls gif it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ6f0YofRhg

spacer.png

god I hate when they use those terrible robotic voices for video essays

can't you buy a ******* mic?

damn G(I)-DLE are smashing and snatching wins left and right

do Le Sserafim have a shot at snatching at least one win? :gaycat6:

Half the thread dragging BP & the other half trying to cover up the evidence is sending me. 

spacer.png

They also placed 3rd for BP's "Shut Down" cover contest 

even though they easily should've won, but that's neither here nor there 

5 hours ago, Zack said:

No, Jessica has had a professional link to Calvin Klein since at least 2017.

It's not surprising Jennie is friends with her though, Jessica is very well connected in fashion circles.

Btw what Jessica did is not a CF, it’s a editorial shoot. 

1 hour ago, PowerGarlic said:

Y2K preppy :gaycatney6:NewJeans is the PRINT :bird:

New jeans didn’t bring back the Y2K style :dies:

the way even as a blink those clips are sending me :ahh:

queens of entertaining us regardless

Not a latin america concert company teasing for weeks/months a huge kpop act they will bring for it to be Oneus, people are mad 

So one member was out of sync for the new choreo and the whole concert of 2 hours is a mess? Ma’am, y’all are obsessed omg. ahh.gif  Y’all must be really MAD they’ll have the most successful tour by a girl group ever. And the only veteran group that is constantly serving energy is TWICE  (still sometimes Jeong or Chaeyoung give us nothing) I can’t with develuvs coming for BP, go stream Seulgi’s flop single. 

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

BP is literally the only group that have to be PERFECT on EVERY stage they do. Since when being out of sync for one perfomance it’s that deep? Are we going to keep this energy for every group out there? 

37 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

Not a latin america concert company teasing for weeks/months a huge kpop act they will bring for it to be Oneus, people are mad 

I wanna listen to these bops live:katie2:

iv widget

TWICE were rehearsing for like 5 comebacks a year so it’s natural they would make mistakes and they even mixed parts of choreo in that vid which is not a shocker

BLACKPINK have had 2 years of holiday and their biggest stressor is remembering lines and which photo shoot they’re going to be driven to. They’re not even comparable. To be over it after a two year break is fascinating. TWICELIGHTS compared to that is just…. :rip:

1 hour ago, Adama said:

Btw what Jessica did is not a CF, it’s a editorial shoot.

No it is a CF, promoted via a magazine as well as on social media. An editorial shoot is a conceptual piece for a magazine, it's different from commercially motivated content. She has done many editorial shoots for Vogue+, Elle, Grazia, Harper's Bazaar etc. this year. Maybe that's why you might be confused.

Jessica's Calvin Klein shoot was a collaboration/advertisement for the brand, hence her usage of the #mycalvins brand motif in both the short film and also on her social media. It was primarily to promote the brand and their 90 series line, not to portray an editorial concept.

Calvin Klein also posted about it on social media, which they would not do if the shoot was simply an editorial piece for a magazine who happened to select their clothes for the shoot. This was a coordinated commercial endorsement.

I don’t know twice is mentioned let’s not compare a group with 5 cb per year to a group which has been on hiatus for two years struggling to do the easiest moves. 

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

BP is literally the only group that have to be PERFECT on EVERY stage they do. Since when being out of sync for one perfomance it’s that deep? Are we going to keep this energy for every group out there? 

I'm watching that whole video of TWICE and nothing is as remotely as bad as BP

And RV's video is basically stage accidents, those are not mistakes per se

Not to mention these are compiled throughout a year or their whole career while the videos posted here are from BP's one concert date :skull: 

not crackstink fans using 2019 videos of Twice when they just went on a flawless world tour this year.

they also have like, 100x more choreography to remember than BP does. :deadbanana2: