K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

Mark and Haechan should leave NCT 127 and only be a fixed NCT Dream member, which would make every unit have 7 members as well. 

It doesn't feel like Mark and Haechan belong to any unit, since it feels like they aren't loyal to any unit, because it feels like they are super busy to be around the members in both units.

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

:jamming:

Their best Japanese song and 3rd best song overall after "I Can't Stop Me" and "Fancy" :katie2:

The pre-chorus with Momo hits so hard :jonny:

b34783c50fab38f9e7c0b9555682984576355f77

30 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

yeah that's exactly what i'm saying. gd, snsd and 2ne1 all did it first before but it really wasnt a huge deal back then but now everyone is a global ambassador and are attending fashion weeks left and right because of blackpink

the way bp is ridiculed over fashion weeks and global ambassadorship but are now gagging when their faves do it :skull:

But you also have to see that kpop wasn’t as big internationally during that time as compared to now, so of course not every idol was gonna be utilized for these brands unless there is value. 2NE1, SNSD, GD were the biggest stars so they at least brought some value to the brand beyond Korea compared to other idols. Nowadays there is more accessibility and kpop is growing everywhere and more int fans know about idols so obviously companies are going to use that opportunity and brands also see some potential hence invest in more idols. 

46 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

ms international it girl always looks great but chanel is so boring. can she like go to balenciaga, schiaparelli, mugler or even versace? Chanel sucks ass!

she goes where the money goes. That’s show business for ya. I’m sure Chanel is paying her a lot since she’s been with them for a long time and brought a lot of revenue to the brand.  

can we talk about how Jae implied how Day6 was done with JYP and will rejoin the group when their contract was up, only for them to all renew with JYP without any hard negociations... :deadbanana2:

51 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

ms international it girl always looks great but chanel is so boring. can she like go to balenciaga, schiaparelli, mugler or even versace? Chanel sucks ass!

I think YSL is the boring one of the girls’ brands. They did such low effort for Rosé at the met gala. Chanel and Dior are my favorites 

Adding to the conversation, NCT does have a lot of variety in music, and they have some talented people…but their discography feels so inconsistent. Plus the never ending saga of subunits is done in a way that is often confusing :rip:
Meanwhile, for example, Seventeen does the same thing with so much consistency in quality despite having such diverse music. Also their subunits/teams are fixed with clear roles for everybody and you can see each person’s contribution and talent for the group clearly.
That’s why I’m gravitated towards the latter :gaycat6:

3 minutes ago, Mel. said:

BAEMON crumbs

they're recording, coming sooner than we think?

YG taking notes from HYBE and flying out their producers 

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

But you also have to see that kpop wasn’t as big internationally during that time as compared to now, so of course not every idol was gonna be utilized for these brands unless there is value. 2NE1, SNSD, GD were the biggest stars so they at least brought some value to the brand beyond Korea compared to other idols. Nowadays there is more accessibility and kpop is growing everywhere and more int fans know about idols so obviously companies are going to use that opportunity and brands also see some potential hence invest in more idols. 

she goes where the money goes. That’s show business for ya. I’m sure Chanel is paying her a lot since she’s been with them for a long time and brought a lot of revenue to the brand.  

I dont think she's even a priority in Chanel sadly. Look at Rosé, Lisa and Jisoo being treated as family and priorities by ysl, dior and celine esp rosé

4 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

I think YSL is the boring one of the girls’ brands. They did such low effort for Rosé at the met gala. Chanel and Dior are my favorites 

YSL is the best one out of 4 imo. Rosé just wears the black ones mostly maybe cause thats her style nn

8 minutes ago, Mel. said:

BAEMON crumbs

they're recording, coming sooner than we think?

Well BlackPink recording PWF in 2014/15 and was released in Q4 of 2016

20 minutes ago, Xalric said:

can we talk about how Jae implied how Day6 was done with JYP and will rejoin the group when their contract was up, only for them to all renew with JYP without any hard negociations... :deadbanana2:

I don't think Day6 members have as much money as Got7 to pull a Got7 tbh, and Jae has proved countless times he is not worth it anyway.

nnnnn

sorry but up to this day I still don't like 1 treasure song :skull: 

the rapper sub unit song in this teaser :skull: so try hard and forced :deadbanana:

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

nnnnn

sorry but up to this day I still don't like 1 treasure song :skull: 

You're welcome King:hug:

Seventeen is a super talented boy group but it's been a while since they served a great body of work actually, in fact they have many filler releases.

Their debut mini, their first album, their second album, etc. And I say this as someone who was enjoyed several mini albums from them but overall they aren't serving let alone compare them to NCT quality wise.

9 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Step Back ha' impact:rip:

:jonny4: wait, now that you said it

Hoping for SKZ and TREASURE interactions at music shows since both of their comebacks are 3 days apart. it's funny how both are releasing mini albums, but TREASURE have only 4 songs in theirs while SKZ has 8 :skull: The way it reflects both YG and JYP and how opposite they are of each other :dies:  JYP likes to release a lot of music for their groups while YG likes to release as little as possible :gaycat7:

I feel like both groups are going for a new sound this time. However it also seems like both groups are going for the same new sound as well :gaycat7: Both albums seem to have similar vibes. Let's see which group comes out on top in terms of quality and good music then :michael:

Edited by Pluto2022

What the **** is this? She went back to korea from paris just a few days ago now back to paris again? :deadbanana:

I'm glad that YGLY is finally pushing Asahi, since he has the it-factor. Ever since "Jikjin" it has been over for the other members

359f1da4bd42d1d95a65c56529b9e20ea6fb775c

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

I'm glad that YGLY is finally pushing Asahi, since he has the it-factor. Ever since "Jikjin" it has been over for the other members

359f1da4bd42d1d95a65c56529b9e20ea6fb775c

We believe in Asahi supremacy :clap3: