K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

On 9/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, Witnessed ET said:

Jihyo is the most natural choice of course. She’s been in that damn company for 17 years (!) and is one of the most all-rounded female idols ever. 
The Japanese member subunit Mimosa is also coming as per that name registration. 
spacer.png

And yeah they declined digitally because they simply stopped being gp darlings after the more mature image change with Feel Special and the cutesy audience/uncles left as a result. I mean it’s not as confusing as people like to act lol. But they did maintain their fanbase and are gaining more album sales with each comeback and are expanding their touring power. So their priorities have naturally shifted now and it’s really not that bad or serious as a rookie group failing to score #1s or top 10s. They’ve been there done that, and did it in a grand way that most kpop acts can only dream of. Now they’re onto other things, so let’s let the girlies live.

spacer.png

oh and you should defitney try More and More EP. Shadow and Oxygen are gems :heart:

The uncles are the reason I used to avoid the group, but not the girls’ fault ofc.  Jihyo 17?? It better be her next omg. she’s so pretty :alexz3: I watched Yeri’s show at the time and that is prolly why Nayeon became my bias, she was a guest for one ep. I didn’t know about that subunit but the name is rly cute and clever. I haven’t tried their Japanese albums yet either 

I get being disappointed that a cute concept you liked is sort of gone but Feel Special-now has been rly cool. I like their new stuff a little more than their old stuff 

finished M&M  and my faves were shadow, firework, DCMA and oxygen. But overall the mini was a banger :whistle2: I replayed it during work for some office noise. Also I’m late, but how cute were Chaeyeong and Naomi?? lol :heart:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

So Aespa is doing NFT’s now?! 

27 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Yeah, he’s very selfless and and doesn’t want to outperform his group. That’s why many people outside of the fandom think that Hyunjin is the best dancer of the group, since he got the “Artist of the month” gig, and performed with other main dancers at the Mama Awards last year, where every main dancer had a solo dance scene. Kinda like how many people still think that Yeji is the best dancer of ITZY, even though Chaechae is obviously better. 

But lately Lee Know hasn’t been holding that much back especially if you look at their Maniac World Tour where he  outperformed and ate everyone up :dies:

When he wants to shine... he eat. 

Remember the SuperM's Tiger Inside collab stage, he went viral on k-forums and weibo for his dance skills. And his fancam ended up having more views than the stage itself :alexz:

5 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

When he wants to shine... he eat. 

Remember the SuperM's Tiger Inside collab stage, he went viral on k-forums and weibo for his dance skills. And his fancam ended up having more views than the stage itself :alexz:

Iconic:clap3:

Like he even collapsed when he was done performing due to him slaying so hard and he also he had 5 other collab stages that day 

20 minutes ago, elevate said:

I expected Treasure and Enhypen to be bigger than they are now. Like, are we going to remember them in 5 years? They feel like Teen Top or Nuest or one of those groups; kind of disposable.

Not sure about Treasure, cause I've never paid attention to them, but I expected to see Enhypen being bigger than they are now too due to their explosive sales in their rookie year. They seemed to be growing in a fast pace.

But I feel like they've been releasing too many underwhelming title tracks and the K-pop community barely cares. 

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Iconic:clap3:

Like he even collapsed when he was done performing due to him slaying so hard and he also he had 5 other collab stages that day 

I completely forgot he also performed multiple times on the same Gayo  :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

You….clearly need some help. Yikes! Do something about that hate boner. 

also your favorite buzzwords: “untalented” “talentless” that you jump on every chance you get. Well let me break it you that live singing in the encores is not the only talent in the world otherwise most of your faves would be jobless. :dies:

a quick look at this page and you’d know who’s the one being mad and triggered and spamming. The dedication :dies:

nah that once Sean Cody fan wasn’t mad at Thrice being “untalented”, he was just providing proof and receipt to back up his statement since you failed to acknowledge your fave’s weaknesses :katie:

The fact that you can’t even come up with one good counter example and just called them “mad” doesn’t look good for you either :michael:

51 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

It seems like they are going for a new direction which is the more light and cute direction kinda like The Boyz. It makes sense since “Darrari” became their biggest song out of nowhere and completely overshadowed their title track :dies:

“Jikjin” is still way better than “Darrari” though

I may be totally wrong about this but I feel the boys group in general recently are slowly shift to more light, cutesy or "neighbor boy" image and direction compare to the last few years where edgy cool image and the pots and pans noice music was a trend.

Edited by discreetinside

Twice are kinda talentless. Even if some members have talent, majority of the members lack one

yt8XoR5.jpg

A no skip mini album. :clap3:

I have no idea about Cravity and they're on the same company with

Miss Strawberry, Yujin and friends so I'm glad their coins from Eleven-LD-AL smashing was spent well.

30 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I completely forgot he also performed multiple times on the same Gayo  :deadbanana:

Yeah he has a very packed schedule.
Like he couldn’t even go to America with his member a few days before KCON this year due to his MC gig on the same day as KCON. So after he was done with his MC gig, he had to fly immediately for 12 hours to America without having any rest, due to KCON being at the evening. He couldn’t even make it to the red carpet since he was still in the air :dies: Once he landed, he went immediately to KCON and performed without practicing or anything, that’s just how professional he is :clap3:

We stan a busy king who can teleport :clap3:

All of this happened within 24 hours:skull:

Edited by Pluto2022

27 minutes ago, discreetinside said:

Miss Strawberry, Yujin and friends so I'm glad their coins from Eleven-LD-AL smashing was spent well.

Starship is one of the company with the best albums releases.

But the fact that Monsta X alone paid for WJSN, cravity & IVE debut, and biggest importance thanks to Monsta X since 2019 no trainees that debuted under Starship had no trainee debt. They made THAT much money.

Edited by Xalric

asif most of these kpop artists dont have terrible voices ? like please we’re just here for the music 

1 minute ago, cantstopmes said:

asif most of these kpop artists dont have terrible voices ? like please we’re just here for the music 

Not really plenty of idols have nice voice especially those from smaller companies.

13 minutes ago, cantstopmes said:

It's just you

yt8XoR5.jpg

44 minutes ago, cantstopmes said:

Who’s we? :biblio:

4 hours ago, playboi said:

I genuinely can’t believe this is a real song like..

In a perfect world she would win the year end rate but I already know it’s gonna be that mediocre love dive song, or worse a blackpink song

spacer.png

one of the best tinashe copy’s in k-pop EVER. She used every penny of that 11.99 budget.

12 hours ago, Mel. said:

loll yeah, that's a misconception that seems recurrent in here

I'm YG biased, but I listen to many groups/solo artists

there's actually too many to name, I started to list names

but I erased it as it would be a lot of names and I didn't wanna forget anyone 

but I listen to many

Do you like aespa or STAYC or new jeans?

2 hours ago, elevate said:

I expected Treasure and Enhypen to be bigger than they are now. Like, are we going to remember them in 5 years? They feel like Teen Top or Nuest or one of those groups; kind of disposable.

Idk much about Treasure, they did have a good start although they failed to meet expectations of being a new YG group. But ENHYPEN was really a great upwards trajectory in terms of success because their music quality and concepts were just constantly hitting the spot, plus their whole creepy yet melodious vibe and aura was kinda unique to them. But with the latest comeback, they lost all the hype that they had accumulated because it just sounds like any other bg nowadays. The title track could be a stray cats or Ateez song and that’s not a good thing for ENHYPEN’s standards. I was disappointed as a fan as well. The last track on the mini kinda gives me hope that they’re going back to their signature sound but idk if they can regain that momentum.

2 hours ago, Jenlisa said:

The uncles are the reason I used to avoid the group, but not the girls’ fault ofc.  Jihyo 17?? It better be her next omg. she’s so pretty :alexz3: I watched Yeri’s show at the time and that is prolly why Nayeon became my bias, she was a guest for one ep. I didn’t know about that subunit but the name is rly cute and clever. I haven’t tried their Japanese albums yet either 

I get being disappointed that a cute concept you liked is sort of gone but Feel Special-now has been rly cool. I like their new stuff a little more than their old stuff 

finished M&M  and my faves were shadow, firework, DCMA and oxygen. But overall the mini was a banger :whistle2: I replayed it during work for some office noise. Also I’m late, but how cute were Chaeyeong and Naomi?? lol :heart:

Yeah she is just so talented (contrary to what certain users/haters in this thread think :fan:) and charismatic and a well-rounded idol, so it would be a big shame if she doesn’t a solo. And I’d say their Japanese albums are getting better with each release. 
yup post-2019 twice is the best quality-wise but you can’t please everybody I guess. M&M has bangers for days it’s true :jamming:

2 hours ago, mick64 said:

nah that once Sean Cody fan wasn’t mad at Thrice being “untalented”, he was just providing proof and receipt to back up his statement since you failed to acknowledge your fave’s weaknesses :katie:

The fact that you can’t even come up with one good counter example and just called them “mad” doesn’t look good for you either :michael:

“Receipts and proof” from random comments on a few encores from the internet? That’s your basis for somebody’s talent? :rip:
and don’t act like you know what’s happening here. That person has a history of shitting on twice in this thread on a daily basis, so trust me when I say that I can distinguish between a bitter obsessed hater and a person giving objective statements. He isn’t the latter. This whole thing started with @BTS asking a question about why Twice has declined digitally (idk what was their intention behind it), and of course the Sean Cody user jumped immediately on the chance. So forgive me if I don’t wanna waste my time digging for “counter-examples” for a troll.

and nobody’s denying Twice’s vocal weaknesses, we all know each member’s ability. Heck even I’ve criticized certain members for their vocals while praising other members in this very thread. But calling the whole entire group outright “untalented” based on just the vocal criteria limited to a few members? You think that’s an objective statement?

That’s all. :cm: 

2 hours ago, discreetinside said:

I’m surprised with this. And this guy, Minhee

His visual. :gaycat6:

Treasure is just kinda there, no? Or just me?

I feel like they are being overshadowed by all 4th gen bgs like Stray Kids, TXT, Enhypen etc etc

and from YG alone they're super overshadowed by BLACKPINK :deadbanana:

they're 2 years in their career and they haven't met the usual YG artist success yet

sure 2NE1, Bigbang and BLACKPINK are on a whole other league but they haven't seen iKON or WINNER success yet

they don't fit the YG image imo (no offense to Mel :eli:)

I fear Baemon might suffer the same fate but no YG gg has ever flopped like treasure so we'll see

8 hours ago, hallucinate said:

it’s been a while since i listened to After Like and Leeseo’s vocals in the bridge are kinda sending me :dies: they really should’ve given that part to queen Liz

Yeah. Everyone talked about Wonyoung payola.. let’s be real. WY deserved her payola with her status and money she gave to the company but that child Leeseo.. I just don’t understand her payola at all. 

1 minute ago, fais_2311 said:

Yeah. Everyone talked about Wonyoung payola.. let’s be real. WY deserved her payola with her status and money she gave to the company but that child Leeseo.. I just don’t understand her payola at all. 

Me neither…

are they really discarding Liz to the side because of her weight gain? Because that girl can sing circles around Leeseo and everybody in that group :rip:

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Me neither…

are they really discarding Liz to the side because of her weight gain? Because that girl can sing circles around Leeseo and everybody in that group :rip:

Yeah I think Liz was punished for her weight gain :deadbanana4:

After the LSRFM documentary, I was like wtf. The pressure for skinny body type. If the girls from LSRFM got called out by their management when they already look skinny, imagine what Liz have to deal for her weight gain

13 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Idk much about Treasure, they did have a good start although they failed to meet expectations of being a new YG group. But ENHYPEN was really a great upwards trajectory in terms of success because their music quality and concepts were just constantly hitting the spot, plus their whole creepy yet melodious vibe and aura was kinda unique to them. But with the latest comeback, they lost all the hype that they had accumulated because it just sounds like any other bg nowadays. The title track could be a stray cats or Ateez song and that’s not a good thing for ENHYPEN’s standards. I was disappointed as a fan as well. The last track on the mini kinda gives me hope that they’re going back to their signature sound but idk if they can regain that momentum.

Kpop stans hate them now because of the Sunoo bullying situation. Also Hybe is debuting 3 new bgs next year, if they are going to gain back their momentum, it needs to be with their next comeback.