K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

it’s been a while since i listened to After Like and Leeseo’s vocals in the bridge are kinda sending me :dies: they really should’ve given that part to queen Liz

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

not surprised that they forgot about the working visas, they detained NCT dream a few years ago in Chile at the airport because they didn't have them :rip:

10 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

it’s been a while since i listened to After Like and Leeseo’s vocals in the bridge are kinda sending me :dies: they really should’ve given that part to queen Liz

Not letting Liz be the main vocalist she's supposed to be makes absolutely no sense. She's also stable live.

They are overworked but what's good is that they are gaining experience and more confidence singing live at these festivals. There's definitely an improvement. :clap3:

51 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Ryan Reynolds has been hinting about SKZ doing the Deadpool 3 soundtrack omg! :jonny:

If y'all didn't know, SKZ have this random friendship with Ryan Reynolds and they always show support to each other :dies:

Stray-Kids-billboard-200-debut-Ryan-Reyn

Ryan-Reynolds-Response-to-Stray-Kids-Ban

ryan-reynolds-bang-chan-1622015078.jpg

I'm pressed. I wanted my faves on a Marvel OST ugh.

Chan is so hot omfg 

4 hours ago, Mel. said:

2015 - BIGBANG

2016 - TWICE

2017 - BTS

2018 - BLACKPINK (500 Million)

2019 - BLACKPINK (600 Million)

2020 - BTS

2021 - BTS

2022 - BLACKPINK

You can see the stark change between the end of the 2nd gen's rule (with BB being the biggest 2nd gen act) and the beginning of the 3rd generation's rule. But what about 4th gen?

Will we ever get 4th gen groups able to topple even the biggest 3rd gen kpop act?

HITZY will always win! loco shouldve smashed on kcharts but i have a feeling their next comeback is gonna do better than sneakers yep! 

How do y'all upload gif's as your icons? When I try to upload gif's as my icon, they just freeze? 

9 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

How do y'all upload gif's as your icons? When I try to upload gif's as my icon, they just freeze? 

They need to be no more than 3.42MB

1 minute ago, Billionaire said:

They need to be no more than 3.42MB

I think it's because when I save the gif's on my Mac from Google, they just become regular photos and freeze

nevermind I solved the issue :clap3:

Of course the first idol to be my icon is the legendary Leé Knowles 

tumblr_2778eb3a51ea3fc9a31fb49c272fb6c2_

Edited by Pluto2022

BP will never top this, why?

Jisus' bridge omg :jonny:

Edited by Pluto2022

3 hours ago, Windy Day said:

the thing is... they know about it? but i really believe it's french embassy's fault. just like when somi went to france with ioi until france blocked her last minute from performing and they had to do it without her :skull:

you guys are always blaming companies but refuse to see the bigger picture

When you book your visa for France you have to do it months priors (around 3 month for most countries some other is 6 months).

The Somi situation for example we already knew in France she wouldn't be able to perform unless the stage would be booked in an afternoon. The working visa in France is delivered for people of 18 years old, you can still get a special young working permit at 16 but you wouldn't be able to work after 6pm. Basically the company couldn't get a working permit/visa for Somi but still could get a holiday ones and tried to work around it. 

I genuinely can’t believe this is a real song like..

In a perfect world she would win the year end rate but I already know it’s gonna be that mediocre love dive song, or worse a blackpink song

spacer.png

5 hours ago, newuser said:

I don’t think twice being untalented is a random ass comment, it’s a well known fact. 

bringing back this classic 

A “well known fact” being repeated by haters like you :dies:

totally unhinged

7 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

totally unhinged

[Pann] Twice criticized over another live singing fancam

Thursday, July 27, 2017
twice1.jpg

Pann: Twice fancam where their skills are revealed

[video]

1. [+455, -41] If the foreign members are going to half a$$ their singing like this, please go back to your own country and be an idol there ㅋㅋ why embarrass K-Pop like this when you're not even Korean, seriously

2. [+454, -27] Until when are we going to be forced to watch their 'growth' as singers;; Please debut idols who have all the skills and talents to begin with. We're not even asking for amazing skills, just something average at the least...

3. [+396, -15] I'm really curious, I just want to know why they're so bad at singing. What did they do during their training...? Didn't they go through a survival show? Just how bad were the eliminated members compared to this? The fact that these bad singers were chosen at all... I don't understand this at all.

4. [+204, -11] They've never sung an OST in the past 3 years since their debut. Other groups have at least one or two members who can't sing but all of Twice just can't sing;;;

5. [+193, -17] How is it that they have nine members and not one of them can sing one proper song

6. [+182, -10] Seriously the one top when it comes to voice cracking... it's disgusting that K-Pop allows a group like this to win daesang

7. [+170, -1] People aren't asking for anything amazing of them... just sing average ㅡㅡ;; you're singers, you can't even do that..?;;

8. [+166, -18] If they're going to add foreign members, at least add talented ones ㅋㅋㅋㅋ this is why I abhor groups with a ton of foreign members. There are a ton of talented Koreans who need these opportunities, why pick these kids as idols instead? ㅋㅋ

9. [+145, -6] Look at Twice fans, they can't retort any of these comments so they're just quietly downvoting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+110, -1] They're not even dancing, literally just standing there while singing and still sound so bad

11. [+87, -0] I remember Twice fans were like "they'll get better~~~" when they had a controversy like this during 'Cheer Up'... they haven't improved at all ㅠㅠㅠㅠ no change at all since 'Cheer Up'...

12. [+81, -0] Seems anyone can be a singer these days

13. [+73, -2] Why is JYP distributing the parts this way anyway?? I remember even with miss A, they gave Suzy all the parts. Jungyeon is at the top when it comes to talent but all the foreign members get more parts than her...

pann

[Pann] Twice's singing skills need urgent improvement?

Saturday, December 24, 2016
Pann: About Twice

(OP summarized: OP criticizes Twice for being a completely commercial group with only visuals and catchy hook songs but no real talent outside of that. Points out that they were made to be commercial from the 'Sixteen' auditions where only the pretty members were chosen and the talented ones were eliminated. Also points out that their hit songs are all bright, upbeat hook songs catered to public tastes but without any showcasing of actual talent in singing, rapping, or dancing. OP praises Park Jin Young's ability for commercial success but stresses the need for the group to improve talent wise to prevent future disappointment.)

1. [+238, -22] When Momo was first eliminated on 'Sixteen' but brought back, I never understood why. I like her but she was obviously eliminated because she was bad and then they brought her back because she was popular. What does that make the other kids who were eliminated after passing their missions? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Not that it's Momo's fault but JYP really shouldn't have called it a survival when it's not..

2. [+215, -15] Whenever Park Jin Young goes on criticizing people on 'K-Pop Star' about how he can't feel their emotions or whatever, I want him to focus more on Twice instead..

3. [+182, -28] I don't like Twice much myself but is there an idol that isn't commercial? Twice releases the songs that they do because it's just the nature of a girl group. You have to have bright, upbeat hook songs or people won't listen to it. Sorry to bust out names but A Pink's 'Mr. Chu' or 'LUV' was really a hit or miss and SNSD's 'Mr. Mr.' only won #1 on music shows because of their fandom alone. The only reason A Pink and SNSD have made it this far is because they have a strong vocal line. Twice... has an unstable vocal line + too many foreign members. 'Sixteen' honestly felt like a show where they pre-determined the winners and was just a way to bring in a fandom. I know what the OP is talking about... Twice reminds me of the honey butter chips. They'll hit peak popularity but once their skills never improve and years go by, people are going to stop being interested in just their faces alone and that popularity bubble will burst. I want them to improve and be a chip like shrimp chips that is loved for a long time.

4. [+113, -2] Twice has honestly caught the public's attention and they have a strong fandom now so if they keep going like this without improving their skills, they're just going to get into more and more controversies over their skills. They need to focus on improving if they want a long career.

5. [+94, -6] Twice has 9 members singing an entire song and yet they still have voice cracks and run out of breath. They can't even sing a whole song on their own.

6. [+89, -14] Completely agree with OP. Twice is so popular right now that you'll get hated if you ever try to say anything like this. People defend them like "They've got a ton of pretty members and have good songs, isn't that all you need?" ㅋㅋㅋ Uhh, maybe the fact that they're singers but can't sing for sh*t?

7. [+67, -10] I remember someone said this about 'Thank You' and I agreed... they just reek of money... if you get my drift

8. [+64, -4] Some people don't seem to get OP's point. Yeah, all idol groups are commercial groups meant to make money but what OP is saying is that other groups at least try to improve and create a musical color for themselves whereas Twice does nothing but push their visuals while their singing skills, the most basic of all skills, remain stagnant. All they do is push their visuals so they have no color to them as singers at all. They're totally just a commercial group made to make money.

9. [+60, -63] But is there an idol group lately that isn't commercial? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Idols are one season businesses, you have to milk the most money out of them while they still hold value as a product before throwing them out. They're not singers, you can't expect them to be singers. You guys are the ones that perpetuate this cycle by continuing to like idols like this. Twice is nothing but a product of their company made up by trainers. The music industry died the minute idols took over ㅋㅋ

10. [+56, -2] It's not easy to have both skill and commercial success like 5VXQ, Big Bang, or SHINee

11. [+37, -0] You have to admit they lack talent compared to other groups. Their dances are basically children's dances and maybe because of their foreign members but I don't even understand what they're singing in the lyrics

12. [+30, -3] Honestly, Twice doesn't have any OSTs because they're untalented, right? Even Girlfriend has Umji releasing a solo OST and total nugus like Gugudan and Cosmic Girls have OSTs of their own. Why do you think only Twice doesn't have any ㅋㅋ Nayeon's only considered good compared to the other Twice members but her skills aren't even comparable to sub-vocals like SNSD's Sunny or A Pink's Bomi... she'd be on par with sub-sub vocals like Oh Hayoung, Yuri, or Sooyoung

13. [+30, -0] Let's just be honest and admit they're not talented;;;;

14. [+29, -3] Never cared for the group but I have to admit I was horrified when I saw them at the MMA. If they're going to be winning huge things like daesangs, they should at least improve their skills enough to be deserving of it with the other groups that have won it too.

15. [+28, -1] Proof that Twice is bad at singing: it's been over a year since their debut, they're the trendiest they've ever been, and yet they have not one OST to their name. Even IOI who debuted later than Twice has an OST.. Red Velvet and Girlfriend too, both which don't require mentions because they have so many.

8 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

totally unhinged

10 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

totally unhinged

7 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The receipts keeps coming :deadbanana4:

Couldn’t post more because atrl couldn’t handle 

onces need to stop lying that twice being untalented is not a public information. they lucky talk that talk flopped and didn’t get any win otherwise, another lashing they be getting from those encore stages. 

spacer.png

Edited by newuser