• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Japan's spotify is like using Korea's spotify to measure success. It's like using Itunes to measure success:dies: But TWICE has the streaming certs It's weird those other groups don't have streaming certs, should be achievable.

10 minutes ago, newuser said:

Streaming is not popular in Japan, 70% of music consuming come from music sales. 48 group music aren’t all available on streaming service like K-pop groups even in Japan. 

So how did they barely chart in spotify japan if their music isn't available? :deadbanana4: Streaming has been growing constantly there since the mid 10s and you can see it in the #s 
If we wanna talk about ''music sales'' then their sales are serving this so where did these consumers go? :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Using Japan's spotify is like using Korea's spotify to measure success. It's like using Itunes to measure success:dies: But TWICE has the streaming certs It's weird those other groups don't have streaming certs, should be achievable.

I used that cause they can't chart in any other streaming service, and no its not like that at all, Spotify Japan is one of the biggest platforms along with AM and Line :rip:

Edited by Green Tea Is Green

4 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Well. RIAJ used data from literally all streaming services available so it’s not that hard to achieved. 

https://koreansalestwt.blogspot.com/2021/03/riaj-certifications.html?m=1

Snsd still have the bestselling album and song by K-pop girl group in Japan. 

11 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

So how did they barely chart in spotify japan if their music isn't available? :deadbanana4: Streaming has been growing constantly there since the mid 10s and you can see it in the #s 
If we wanna talk about ''music sales'' then their sales are serving this so where did these consumers go? :bibliahh:

I used that cause they can't chart in any other streaming service, and no its not like that at all, Spotify Japan is one of the biggest platforms along with AM and Line :rip:

CD Sales are literally declining in Japan, not just for AKB lol ? also those aren’t bad for first day sale in 2022.

I said not all songs are available on streaming service. AKB management is not like K-pop company. Kworb is literally dead for years too.

Streaming is increasing for sure but it’s not as big as people think. It’s only like 10% of music consumption compared to CD sales which is like 70%. 

Edited by newuser

37 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

AKB48's latest spotify Japan entry was in 2018 at #165, they haven't charted in the oricon streaming chart which is basically Gaon, Nogizaka's was this year at #141, also failed to chart on oricon streaming chart, Perfume has charted in the 100s with all of their singles since spotify japan's creation

NiziU failed to crack top50 with their latest 2 comebacks, coming from a top 20 in late 2021 and back to backs #3-#6-#7 in 2020-early 2021, Twice well, click on the link to see :giraffe:

Streaming is irrelevant in Japan. Niziu and Twice are sitting pretty and STILL chatting on streaming btw.

7 minutes ago, newuser said:

CD Sales are literally declining in Japan, not just for AKB lol ? also those aren’t bad for first day sale in 2022.

I said not all songs are available on streaming service. AKB management is not like K-pop company. Kworb is literally dead for years too.

Streaming is increasing for sure but it’s not as big as people think. It’s only like 10% of music consumption compared to CD sales which is like 70%. 

So according to you tha big of a CD decline didn't translate into that big of a streaming increase despite the #s proving it? :psyduck: 
The kworb peaks and #s are accurate but if you wanna bother to check them all 1 by 1 elsewhere go ahead :rip:

2 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:I just cackle everytime I remember this "song" exists and then you guys have the nerve to come for boy groups

This is si good tho lol. Actually has layers so excited… I’m so excited!

4 minutes ago, Whatevaaaaa said:

Streaming is irrelevant in Japan. Niziu and Twice are sitting pretty and STILL chatting on streaming btw.

No its not. The GP streams, those Akb sales are just bulk buys and from handshake things 

7 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

So according to you tha big of a CD decline didn't translate into that big of a streaming increase despite the #s proving it? :psyduck: 
The kworb peaks and #s are accurate but if you wanna bother to check them all 1 by 1 elsewhere go ahead :rip:

CD decline is due to pandemic, streaming isn’t the only alternative choice lol digital downloads are still a thing in Japan. 

AKB and other j idol group still topped billboard Japan hot 100 despite weak streaming numbers. 

Kworb is mainly use for western artists, even some K-pop group data are wrong on that site. 

Edited by newuser

7 hours ago, Mel. said:

Not ya'll ignoring Kep1er

they're supposed to have a comeback soon and no one cares lol

I quite liked WADADA & UP!

Up! Is great and I loved the EP LeVoyager and Attention>>> I didn’t know you listened to groups outside of YG!! Who else do you like?

4 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

No it’s not. The GP streams, those Akb sales are just bulk buys and from handshake things 

Physical sales are still winning in the market by a large margin. I don’t see streaming taking over for at least 5 more years in Japan for most groups. Niziu actually does very well on streaming compared to other groups but admittedly the new stuff hasn’t been connecting as much since Chopstick. 

9 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

sis :deadbanana4:

arguing with that troll is just not worth it.

-

Korea's most talented group keeps reaching new peaks. :duca:

feel like some of KARA’s Japanese originals would have been big hits in Korean too

Edited by Pikachu

AkB monthly Spotify 549k

Niziu monthly Spotify 821k

they literally not that far off, and not all akb songs are available to stream on Spotify like their old hits until like 2021.

Edited by newuser

4 minutes ago, newuser said:

CD decline is due to pandemic, streaming isn’t the only alternative choice lol digital downloads are still a thing in Japan. 

AKB and other j idol group still topped billboard Japan hot 100 despite weak streaming numbers. 

Kworb is mainly use for western artists, even some K-pop group data are wrong on that site. 

They can't get download certs either :deadbanana4: but yes at least 46G have the strongest fandom of any gg! :clap3:

3 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

sis :deadbanana4:

arguing with that troll is just not worth it.

The thread was a bit dead and I'm bored! :noparty:

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

9 #1s: Katy Perry vs TWICE

I Kissed a Girl vs Cheer Up

California Gurls vs TT

Teenage Dream vs Knock Knock

Firework vs Signal

E.T. vs Likey

Last Friday Night vs Heart Shaker

Part of Me vs What Is Love?

Roar vs Dance the Night Away

Dark Horse vs Yes or Yes

@Witnessed ET thots? 

I’d say be careful because people might report you for off topic lmao :dies:

but let’s see:

IKAG vs. Cheer Up

CG vs. TT 

TD vs. KK

Classicwork vs. Signal

ET vs. Likey (a tie)

LFN vs. Heart Shaker

POM vs. What Is Love?

Roar vs. Shart the Night Away

DH vs. YoY (but I’ll always love Jeongyeon’s parts)

so…yeah :rip:

Twix served legendary behavior with their consecutive #1s but they don’t hold a candle to miss Tity’s pop-perfection #1 smashes let’s be real :cm: But then again, I’m more of a post 2019-stan of Twix because their quality kinda skyrocketed since Fancy

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Coming for Twice’s talent when you Stan NJ have some shame :bibliahh: in what does NJ excel? 

:cm:

i don’t know about the other two but I don’t think they are among the most popular acts currently 

Maybe that user will convince somebody someday judging by how he keeps repeating it in every page lmao

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

They can't get download certs either :deadbanana4: but yes at least 46G have the strongest fandom of any gg! :clap3:

The thread was a bit dead and I'm bored! :noparty:

Literally no one is getting digital certs 

niziu got it recently because their ep is only available in download and streaming format. 

Edited by newuser

6 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Maybe that user will convince somebody someday judging by how he keeps repeating it in every page lmao

spacer.png

Pretty sure everyone is already convinced that twice are talentless. 

enter-talk] TWICE'S UNIT IS COMING OUT BUT...

bypannchoaSeptember 10, 2022
AVvXsEhQZZfljoxWT1dfDLeulBExX2bKyKOM5q2d
"Group TWICE's Japanese members Mina, Sana and Momo will plan to start their unit promotion."

Seeing how they registered the trademark, it seems like Twice's Mina, Sana and Momo will come out as an unit
I'm seriously looking forward to it 
If only they can pick a good song and that Momo lets go of her nasally voice, won't they do well?

All 3 of them have such good visuals and they are pretty so I'm supporting them

post response:
[+61][-10]
original post: here

1. [+112, -23]
Who's gonna sing?

2. [+74, -18]
Seriously, who's gonna sing?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Momo who sings like Bonobono, Mina who has a f*cking weak voice and Sana who has a pretty voice color but who has an equally weak voiceㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Give us Nayeon-Jihyo

3. [+47, -6]
Will we be able to understand the lyrics?

4. [+16, -2]
Wow.. but who's gonna sing? ㅋㅋㅋ Momo will just dance so it seems like Sana and Mina will be carrying this by the neck even though they won't be able to carry anything...

5. [+13, 0]
Are they coming back in Japan...? Why the Japanese members?

6. [+13, -6]
Aren't Misamo freaking good at dancing? I'm looking forward to the performance

7. [+8, -1]
For real, who's gonna sing?

2 minutes ago, newuser said:
7. [+8, -1]

Bye… Sana & Mina are decent live singers. 

Why they act like it’s Tzuyu/Dahyun/Momo trio :rip:

32 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

Korea's most talented group keeps reaching new peaks. :duca:

JYP girls (TWICE, ITZY & NMIXX) continue to slay while the boys (Stray Cats & Ordinary Heroes) still a digital flop

#girlpower

they look like an early 2000s girl group here :jonny5:

c'mon YG its not too late. steal new jeans' concept and music NOW :jonnycat:

Fd2HNHdaMAEx1_B?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by MonsterNavy

39 minutes ago, newuser said:

Pretty sure everyone is already convinced that twice are talentless. 

enter-talk] TWICE'S UNIT IS COMING OUT BUT...

bypannchoaSeptember 10, 2022
AVvXsEhQZZfljoxWT1dfDLeulBExX2bKyKOM5q2d
"Group TWICE's Japanese members Mina, Sana and Momo will plan to start their unit promotion."

Seeing how they registered the trademark, it seems like Twice's Mina, Sana and Momo will come out as an unit
I'm seriously looking forward to it 
If only they can pick a good song and that Momo lets go of her nasally voice, won't they do well?

All 3 of them have such good visuals and they are pretty so I'm supporting them

post response:
[+61][-10]
original post: here

1. [+112, -23]
Who's gonna sing?

2. [+74, -18]
Seriously, who's gonna sing?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Momo who sings like Bonobono, Mina who has a f*cking weak voice and Sana who has a pretty voice color but who has an equally weak voiceㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Give us Nayeon-Jihyo

3. [+47, -6]
Will we be able to understand the lyrics?

4. [+16, -2]
Wow.. but who's gonna sing? ㅋㅋㅋ Momo will just dance so it seems like Sana and Mina will be carrying this by the neck even though they won't be able to carry anything...

5. [+13, 0]
Are they coming back in Japan...? Why the Japanese members?

6. [+13, -6]
Aren't Misamo freaking good at dancing? I'm looking forward to the performance

7. [+8, -1]

Will they release a Korean mini? I would’ve thought they would release an album in Japan 

1 minute ago, paddii_ said:

Will they release a Korean mini? I would’ve thought they would release an album in Japan 

Yabuki Nako will ghost sing for them so they can release in both country.