K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Not Genie’s ugly sister :biblio: so overrated omg. Mr. Taxi, Bad Girl, Paparazzi, Catch Me If You Can, Divine >>> and I’m talking only about the singles, of course.

"Catch Me If You Can" is an official Korean release which has Japanese version though, so it doesn't count really as an original Japanese release. However the Japanese version does stomp on the Korean version, and it's actually my favorite SNSD song :clap3:The pre-chorus flows so much better in Japanese. 

4 hours ago, BTS said:

Speaking of Twice. Why were RV/ITZY able to bounce back from their MULTIPLE flop eras but Twice couldn’t? Pop was a smash and yet it did nothing for them :deadbanana: TTT was a cute single and all. Why aren’t they clicking anymore with the gp? What needs to change
spacer.png

They will probably have a hit again in Korea, once they get a song that clicks with the Korean GP. Nayeon getting a hit means that TWICE still has a chance and are far from over. 

1 hour ago, Sept said:

Fanbase can't make a song a hit :rip: 

It's clear that the GP does not connect with their songs anymore

And it's also clear that pop perfections like TT, Cheer Up, Likey, What Is Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Less & Less, I Can't Flop Me, Scienshit, No.1 Free & Tank That Tank

Your take is horrible cause TWICE said are arts over charts :michael:  Everyone know that TWICE's music has been way better ever since "Fancy", which is why they are still getting bigger globally and haven't even peaked yet. Koreans just have very terrible taste :doc:

Like there is no way you can tell me that a song like "Signal" is better than "I Can't Stop Me" :rip:

Edited by Pluto2022

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

They have 9 #1s and are legends in Korea so No1curr about the digital decline. They’re now selling out stadiums across continents and selling millions. Most girlies cannot even say that for themselves.

spacer.png

also that one troll jumping in at the chance, he must have the word “Twice” on alert 

spacer.png

The “9” is so cute to me for obvs reasons. 

I’ve been skimming their discography randomly/out of order and I finished Formula/B12/EWO/AF, feel special. I want to try M&M. But it kinda sucks that their “decline” was after they kinda matured or whatever. It still seems more of an exaggeration from trolls. 

do we know who is going to solo next?

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:I just cackle everytime I remember this "song" exists and then you guys have the nerve to come for boy groups

1 hour ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Not Twice being legends in Korea :ahh: Onces are so delusional. 

Haters denying Twice’s dominance, iconography and reach in Korea are so funny 

spacer.png

Screaming if this is Everglow’s Mia about to debut solo so soon, it would be super messy after they made it seem an OT6 comeback was happening next  :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, DanyelP23 said:

Which one of the 4th generation ggs with dubious vocal talents (I don't need that clip of Yunjin singing opera so keep it cute) do y'all think will BOMB first digitally & why?

IVE / LESSERAFIM / NEWJEANS?

My guesses:

IVE - overexposure / the TWICE curse of bad encore / Wonyoung scandal

LESSERAFIM - the korian GP realizes there is not 1, but 2 JAPANESE members in a group of 5 and fixates on that

NEWJEANS - another shiny new thing comes (BAEMON) and takes their place

Honestly, out of all these groups NEWJEANS kinda screams FAD to me.

I love them though, their music is amazing. As long as the artistic vision and music is top notch I think they may last, but right now the girls themselves are pretty uninteresting and lack personality and star power (except maybe Hyein the 12 year old of the group, weirdly)

Are Twice considered a big GG in Japan(not even in terms ok Kpop)?They’ve had a few hits there the last year but idk much about the music scene there :rip:

2 minutes ago, New Edition said:

I love them though, their music is amazing. As long as the artistic vision and music is top notch I think they may last, but right now the girls themselves are pretty uninteresting and lack personality and star power (except maybe Hyein the 12 year old of the group, weirdly)

New jeans are like one month old and you all already calling them a fad? 

Just now, sunmimi imfurst said:

Are Twice considered a big GG in Japan(not even in terms ok Kpop)?They’ve had a few hits there the last year but idk much about the music scene there :rip:

no K-pop gg beside Kara and maybe snsd are considered big. 

4 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

Screaming if this is Everglow’s Mia about to debut solo so soon, it would be super messy after they made it seem an OT6 comeback was happening next  :deadbanana4:

That's not Mia from EVERGLOW :bibliahh:

And honestly she doesn't even need a solo ever since she usually snatches 99% of the lines in EVERGLOW SONGS :deadbanana2:

12 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

The “9” is so cute to me for obvs reasons. 

I’ve been skimming their discography randomly/out of order and I finished Formula/B12/EWO/AF, feel special. I want to try M&M. But it kinda sucks that their “decline” was after they kinda matured or whatever. It still seems more of an exaggeration from trolls. 

do we know who is going to solo next?

Jihyo is the most natural choice of course. She’s been in that damn company for 17 years (!) and is one of the most all-rounded female idols ever. 
The Japanese member subunit Mimosa is also coming as per that name registration. 
spacer.png

And yeah they declined digitally because they simply stopped being gp darlings after the more mature image change with Feel Special and the cutesy audience/uncles left as a result. I mean it’s not as confusing as people like to act lol. But they did maintain their fanbase and are gaining more album sales with each comeback and are expanding their touring power. So their priorities have naturally shifted now and it’s really not that bad or serious as a rookie group failing to score #1s or top 10s. They’ve been there done that, and did it in a grand way that most kpop acts can only dream of. Now they’re onto other things, so let’s let the girlies live.

spacer.png

oh and you should defitney try More and More EP. Shadow and Oxygen are gems :heart:

Edited by Witnessed ET

Tried revisiting this for the first time in like over a month.

I CANNOT believe SM thought this dance was going to be a hit :ahh: 

9 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

yeah this is for 2022

FUawSxpaUAA9YgI?format=png&name=small

12 minutes ago, zaso said:

yeah this is for 2022

FUawSxpaUAA9YgI?format=png&name=small

AKB and nogizaka latest single did 500k in first week while twice and niziu are struggling to passed 150k ( less for twice ) 

spacer.png

also perfume at 1? Are you sure the chart from 2022? Not 2012? 

Edited by newuser

4 minutes ago, newuser said:

AKB and nogizaka latest single did 500k in first week while twice and niziu are struggling to passed 150k ( less for twice ) 

spacer.png

it's nikkei survey, it's more about public recognition than fandom power

and perfume's been number one since forever

Ugh when is the magical girl genre going to come back to Kpop?? Maybe boy groups should take it over.

6 minutes ago, zaso said:

it's nikkei survey, it's more about public recognition than fandom power

and perfume's been number one since forever

Did they only survey people above 40s? 

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

Screaming if this is Everglow’s Mia about to debut solo so soon,

It isn't.  It's this person.

:cm:

50 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:I just cackle everytime I remember this "song" exists and then you guys have the nerve to come for boy groups

This is better than most boy groups horrible music. :rip:

Kpop died when WJSN abandoned this sound

Everyone of these songs could be openings to their own fantasy dramas / webcomics. If Starship had Hybe money they would have done it.

Just now, Selenasworld said:

Billboard Japan reported 22k sales of LOONA's single in three days aiming for #2 

Must be a slow day in Japan. 

54 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Tried revisiting this for the first time in like over a month.

I CANNOT believe SM thought this dance was going to be a hit :ahh: 

People on tiktok said illusion wouldn’t make a great TT that’s even worse :dies:

43 minutes ago, newuser said:

spacer.png

Comparing fandom power to the GP, be serious :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

NJ is basically the modern version of what Twice used to be, at least HYBE will promote them individuality  so they can last however once NJ start releasing more mature music it’s over :hoetenks:

9 #1s: Katy Perry vs TWICE

I Kissed a Girl vs Cheer Up

California Gurls vs TT

Teenage Dream vs Knock Knock

Firework vs Signal

E.T. vs Likey

Last Friday Night vs Heart Shaker

Part of Me vs What Is Love?

Roar vs Dance the Night Away

Dark Horse vs Yes or Yes

@Witnessed ET thots?