K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wow what a moment. One of the best “cute” songs I’ve ever heard and one of the best song structures ever :jamming:

This was the first time I realized there's big "personality" kpop idols lol

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s logic that Twice is now a flop. Twice is now gay icon around the globe, and Korea is homophobic. :giraffe: Nayeon is said to be the only member who is closeted homophobic, and Korea low key can feel that. Her gay hating vibration is strong. 

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

41 minutes ago, Take Me Apart said:

They just need the BEP sound, Basics felt bigger than TTT and was praised everywhere for sounding like old-school TWICE.

Everyone is tired of the western produced disco songs

29 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

Koreans said no to talentless girls +

new girl groups took over, but weird that RV/BP are still thriving while Twix is bombing. Maybe they need a new sound or a little break. 

spacer.png

These contradicting statements :deadbanana2:

Twice just can’t win

Twice are still big celebrities in Korea but it's true their music is not hitting with the Gp anymore which I think will stay this way . It's okay though cause they have 9 #1 hits there and their album sales and international sales are increasing and they are stable in Japan too:clap3:

16 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

RV powers lies in their concept people tune in to see what they have released that’s why even in their worst performing tracks they debut quite bight initially, BP is BP I think them having that high teen - girl crush from the get go, each girl having a character basically and then building off their individual status as IT girls got them far.

What and who does Twice have? All girls are pretty that’s for sure but Irene (was) and Jennie had full eras as IT GIRLS the latter still do, Sana had a viral moment that’s it, the other girls don’t, yeah their pretty but what is their personality, Irene is cold, Jennie is cool , a member of twice is (?)

Does the IT-girl theory really carry when Nayeon just came off a successful cb and the girls are all currently branching into solo activities. 

18 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

from what i heard the GP is refusing to stream until Jihyo solo debut gets announced

spacer.png

If its not a **** anthem then what is the point 

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Sept said:

Music quality. Their albums are nice but the title tracks are all so mid or bizarre (Alcohol Free)

yeah their single choices might be the problem but also they’ve had multiple bad singles smash in the past like YoY & Signal

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

Shelved and Itchy are still virgins.

:cm:

Joy has a public relationship and is still one of the most popular members :celestial5:

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Speaking of Twice. Why were RV/ITZY able to bounce back from their MULTIPLE flop eras but Twice couldn’t? Pop was a smash and yet it did nothing for them :deadbanana: TTT was a cute single and all. Why aren’t they clicking anymore with the gp? What needs to change
spacer.png

They have 9 #1s and are legends in Korea so No1curr about the digital decline. They’re now selling out stadiums across continents and selling millions. Most girlies cannot even say that for themselves.

spacer.png

also that one troll jumping in at the chance, he must have the word “Twice” on alert 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BTS said:

Speaking of Twice. Why were RV/ITZY able to bounce back from their MULTIPLE flop eras but Twice couldn’t? Pop was a smash and yet it did nothing for them :deadbanana: TTT was a cute single and all. Why aren’t they clicking anymore with the gp? What needs to change
spacer.png

Pop sounds more like a quintessential Twice song than any of their latest releases and I think that's the issue. None of their latest songs have that factor that made Twice so successful in the first place and it's been this way since Feel Special. I love it but Talk That That could easily be sung by some nugu girl group.

Even in Japan POP! peaked higher than any Twice single this year :deadbanana4:

Edited by Billionaire

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

SNSD’s best Japanese song, why?

funny-comedy.gif

Not Genie’s ugly sister :biblio: so overrated omg. Mr. Taxi, Bad Girl, Paparazzi, Catch Me If You Can, Divine >>> and I’m talking only about the singles, of course.

9 hours ago, PeopleLikeUs said:

their Girls Day/AOA moment is here

Blonde Shuhua, I never thought this day would come :eek: 

Not Twice being legends in Korea :ahh: Onces are so delusional. 

Anyways, Love&Peace is the best SJJD album. Literally zero fillers. :heart:

Which one of the 4th generation ggs with dubious vocal talents (I don't need that clip of Yunjin singing opera so keep it cute) do y'all think will BOMB first digitally & why?

IVE / LESSERAFIM / NEWJEANS?

My guesses:

IVE - overexposure / the TWICE curse of bad encore / Wonyoung scandal

LESSERAFIM - the korian GP realizes there is not 1, but 2 JAPANESE members in a group of 5 and fixates on that

NEWJEANS - another shiny new thing comes (BAEMON) and takes their place

i don't think twice's decline has anything to do with the songs they release, i feel like their fanbase being mostly men in korea hurt their longevity

they had a bigger female fanbase in japan and it saved them there

2 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

their japanese discography is so good, sm needs to bring back the swedish producers

G-IDLE's blonde concept reminds me of Ice Cream Cake nnn

spacer.png

Minnie = Wendy

Miyeon = Seulgi

Soyeon = Irene

Yuqi = Joy

Shuhua = Yeri

1 minute ago, zaso said:

i don't think twice's decline has anything to do with the songs they release, i feel like their fanbase being mostly men in korea hurt their longevity

they had a bigger female fanbase in japan and it saved them there

their japanese discography is so good, sm needs to bring back the swedish producers

Fanbase can't make a song a hit :rip: 

It's clear that the GP does not connect with their songs anymore

And it's also clear that pop perfections like TT, Cheer Up, Likey, What Is Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Less & Less, I Can't Flop Me, Scienshit, No.1 Free & Tank That Tank

7 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

LESSERAFIM - the korian GP realizes there is not 1, but 2 JAPANESE members in a group of 5 and fixates on that

I'm kinda surprised by how well GI DLE is doing in Korea given only 2/5 of the group is Korean :lakitu:

1 minute ago, Sept said:

Fanbase can't make a song a hit :rip: 

It's clear that the GP does not connect with their songs anymore

And it's also clear that pop perfections like TT, Cheer Up, Likey, What Is Love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Less & Less, I Can't Flop Me, Scienshit, No.1 Free & Tank That Tank

true but i still don't think it's about the songs cuz even signal and knock knock smashed back then and they were panned

the constant comebacks, momo's controversy and the dating rumors that turned their male fans away hurt them more in korea than their music quality

TWICE started flopping because the girls started to grow up so their creepy korean fans moved on to IZ*ONE, but it's true fanbase don't make a hit but at least they have Alcohol Free being a cute lil hit after so many flops.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

spacer.png

a smash hit in my books

spacer.png

1 hour ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Who’s drivin motorcycle!!

spacer.png

Yoona: “ lips ? “ ~~~~
spacer.png

I’mma karma butterfly ? ~~~
spacer.png

hyoyeon: Friday, Saturday, Sunday ? 

spacer.png

Edited by newuser

While we re at it what are some of your favorite concepts this year? I think the best for me so far is Chobom s concept, I don't know if it's unique but I found it very campy and original, specially when they have similar outfits with the blonde wig