K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

The hate train...the Giselle iljin/bullying rumors....that fake ss going around about how Karina was anti-BTS/EXO...this entire era was a moment lowkey

Still the highest ever MV debut. Smells like legend to me. :jonny:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Since we are on page 2020, let me post the best Kpop song of all time :msmarvel:

Billboard also crowned it the best Kpop song of 2020 :clap3:

I only stan Red Velvet but I WISH they had a song like this :clap3: Best song of 2020 INDEED :clap3:

best 4th gen debut along with eleven :heart:

19 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

:jonny:

also lemme add these to the greatness 

:clap3:

The collapse. 2019 was something of a **** year for music, but these rank amongst their best. HIT had to grow on me, though. :gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Best boy group song of all time did that :clap3:

They had no idea that this song was going to save them from nugudom, and push them straight to being the 4th gen leaders :dies:

No way they're on nugudom before God's Menu since they came from the Big 4 like any group came from the Big 4 are automatically at least on mid-tier level.

Comparing NCT's output to BP's is almost unfair to the girls, don't come at me with Success receipts, I am talking Quality and versatility.

Just now, discreetinside said:

No way they're on nugudom before God's Menu since they came from the Big 4 like any group came from the Big 4 are automatically at least on mid-tier level.

they used to be nugu for Big 4 standards 

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

I fear Love Dive has #1 on lock for this year's rate, and NewJennies will get at least one in the top 5. Blackpink song also probably will be top 5.

SM sheep our Witness era is here :celestial5: What are we going to saejaegi to success, Step Back? INVU? Girls? We got nothing :skull:

INVU, FMR and SB should be the sheep's top 3 :katie2:

23 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

The cameraman said cut but she heard c*nt and went with it 

:jonnycat: The way shes become my fav Twice member since the Feel Special era, she better serve sex for her solo
Lemme add another classic:

13 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

OMG :jonny5:

and twitter is full with fanaccounts of music bank :chick3:

3 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

they used to be nugu for Big 4 standards 

Yeah but Big 4 nugu (SKZ pre-GM and Treasure) was better than the actual nugu in terms of financial and exposure etc so they're at least on the mid-low mid tier to me.

42 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Ain’t never seen a career revival like this right here. The global + domestic smash. Their Emancipation of Mimi era :nicole:

Iconic, unprecedented, legendary :clap3:

Psycho will always be a happy + sad song for me. Happy that it reversed UU's floppage but sad for what we missed out on due to Wendy's accident and her being missing/injured. Thank goodness she recovered. 

11 hours ago, Eternium said:

They aren’t allegations - the fans did buy streaming accounts. Did you think their C-bars and what-not just ignored this comeback? It’s also why they had such a massive drop.

Aespa have moved the most album equivalents ever within the first two years of a K-pop career (though IVE will surpass them easily). I’ve been using album equivalents for everyone on ATRL longer than literally anyone else on this website (and Billboard).

The Album’s numbers on ChartMasters are wrong because they started including unregulated Chinese downloads to pad Taylor’s stats. Still, it is undeniably the top female album in units and I’ve acknowledged that multiple times and bought the album myself 10+ times to support them. Them being successful doesn’t change that YG is the face of Korean sajaegi nor that Big Bang are less successful than SNSD in 2022 :coffee2: 

First it was YG who sajaegi then now it's the chinese vips? Okay so where's the proof that they bought melon accounts then? Since it's not an allegation, the proof must be easily available!

Comparing a non-promoted goodbye single and a ballad at that to a whole comeback album doesn't even make sense. It's even funnier looking back how sones were quite silent when the title track struggle to crack top 15 few days ago but now that it is climbing as the promo is starting, suddenly it is now more successful than Still Life :ahh:Didn't some of you were curssing SM awhile ago for how "short and little" promo aespa had in korea this era? Y'all know exactly that promo is a huge defining factor on k-charts now but suddenly that won't matter for BB. I wonder how mad are you when Still Life was #1 for 4 weeks? Oh yeah, it's chart manipulation all along, denying reality is just how some people cope up :cm:

I doubt that aespa moved the most equivalent units ever when Twice's in 2016 and 2017 were pumping out countless of hits, 2 of which were bigger than next level in both korea and Int'lly, they sold more than 2M albums combined as well and was the biggest kpop group on YT before BP and BTS blow up. Even without Spotify streams, I really doubt aespa is clearing twice's organic streams from youtube in those years alone. You didn't realize that your ridiculous attempt to put aespa above everyone else will backfire bigtime especially when it's not only IVE coming at their neck, new groups like LSRF and NewJeans are outselling and outstreaming aespa's first year and they have way more time before their first 2 years are up!

In regards to Chinese digitals sales, chartmaster have downweighted the chinese sales by lot which is just fair enough but even if we take them out that's only gonna take only few 100thousands for both BP and Taylor. They remains the closest to WW units and the fairest still!

The rise of 4th Gen GG leaders in 2021 :clap3:

Edited by discreetinside

talking about aespa SM should hire Tiffany for writing and producing aespa comeback because she did everything right and this song sounds totally aespa :clap3:

4 minutes ago, PowerGarlic said:

Producer queen. She should make a Kpop girlgroup. This version is too good. Best debut song ever after Attention, Hype Boy, Cookie and Hurt. 

spacer.png

Why did they remove the "he says i'm a 10 but he makes me feel like 11" in the final Korean ver? 

Cuz i've always been wondering what 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 has to do with 11 :ahh: :ahh: 

Sunny's hair is purple again OMG :jonny5:

Saw SVT last night. Vernon showed the **** out :jonnycat: Made Joshua look bad in his own hometown.

3 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Saw SVT last night. Vernon showed the **** out :jonnycat: Made Joshua look bad in his own hometown.

I need to see :chick3: