K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

11 minutes ago, Hazy said:

that’s what Pop reminds me of too! and since I played Problem to death back in the days, Pop appears dated to me, but I can see the appeal

the rest of the ep is more than fine though! 

Yeah, the rest of the EP is definitely cute! :clap3:

It's not up quite up there with some of TWICE's strongest titles but an effort was made :heart2:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleasantly surprised with Nayeon! I didn't expect to like it much from the preview but the actual song is nice.

The mini is very good!! Glad it didn't disappoint, cause Twice's records have been very strong ever since 2019. 

Love Countdown is my favorite. Candyfloss my least and will probably delete it from the tracklist but everything else is good. 

I like the video but don't particularly love it. It's enjoyable, she look gorgeous and most of the sets are cool and all but I fail to see the correlation between them and it feels like it lacks direction, which is often the case with Kpop videos. Lots of flashy sets for the sake of it but no real concept; unless her concept is POPping up in random scenes, in which case then werk it I guess :cm: 

8/10 for miss Nayeon

will Girls even chart well at this point, the b-sides are kinda flopping and they are all Friday releases :rip: SM wyd

Just now, Pikachu said:

will Girls even chart well at this point, the b-sides are kinda flopping and they are all Friday releases :rip: SM wyd

i think so, the first two singles were clearly focused on the us but i think with the title theyre gonna do the old way of releases with teasers and stages and everything. also it did already sell 1m afterall so ig the demand is there 

Nayeoncé did what she had to do. Love the mini from start to finish, she served :jonny5:

aespa… it’s cute but forgettable. This isn’t the type of song people come to aespa for, LTS is probably gonna be another Forever for them.

Edited by lauvender

21 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

What is this? :rip: Like the circle ? 

not her getting junior idols, that actually sounds cute. Usually the celeb just films with normal people.

23 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

if Girls sound anything like NL or Savage, they'll smash again I fear :jonny5:

Life's Too Short is cute but NingNing barely had any lines.

Pop seems universally acclaimed on ATRL I fear it will flop unless it pulls a love dive :giraffe: 

Edited by Dialamba

Pop by Bugaboo is amazing :weeps: They revived k-pop with that one

5LdyoZO.gif

not Nayeon's solo MV being more expensive than all of TWICE MVs:rip:

I love it so much, this is exactly what I expected from her so I'm very glad

15 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Pop seems universally acclaimed on ATRL I fear it will flop unless it pulls a love dive :giraffe: 

:rip:

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

Girl everyone forgot that song so I don’t blame u :’( (although I bop to it often. I love Jinny’s rap parts on that song and the way she rides the beat) :’(

lol, yeah the mixing is very cheap too  :giraffe:

3 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait :rip:

this concept looks and sounds so out of place for them…. Maybe they are made for the ae stuff for a reason. 
NingNing is a BEAUTIFUL singer though, I’ll never stop praising her voice. So this is her song through and through. 
karina…tried. 

Thats because we're used to their ae-stuff before.

I love the MV actually, and the song is cute too, Karina seems like shes trying to cosplaying wonyoung tho, i feel like the whole video is so IVE visual wise :ninja:

She’s so gorgeous  @loveinthedark :weeps: 

11 minutes ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

When is the first performance

MuBank starts next hour, and is scheduled for 100 minutes, so there's a range.

:cm:

Nayeon's song is meh. The idea was good, trying to let her serve some Lee Hyori realness, but the melody of the song is very one note and uninteresting. And Nayeon struggles to carry a song like this on her own. Her voice is too girly and thin, the quintuple stacks of her vocals make it sound like they recorded her voice through a tin can. 

Aespa's song sounds like a Tiffany Young reject. 

what's with SM's obsession of giving choreos to every ballads and midtempo songs?

Life's Too Short is cute but the choreo looks ridiculous:rip: it was unnecessary, they should've just stood and sang

POP! (love it) >>>> LTS (cute/meh) >>>>>>>>>> Left & Right (very very meh)

Pop is nice the album is great overall 8/10 for a solo debut