• Like 1

Mika's new song

Chanmina's

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 9:18 AM, AMIT said:

daddies omg

ezgif-7-486f0a5c5a.thumb.gif.72adf4d3c94

wow ok BOPS! :WAP:

I thought I recognized Yonezu's voice :chick2: He wrote and sang 月を見ていた/Tsuki Wo Miteita - Moongazing for FF16! He has a really great and unique voice :clap3:

Edited by Curaga
  • Like 1

Miliyah's PV for Lonely is out:

• Like 2

I didn't realize that Kahara had quite a lot of albums without TK. Let me delve into them later.

This album kinda slaps

r6qLPB4.gif

• Like 1

• Like 1

Been revisiting this stone cold CLASSIC lately. Seiko Matsuda and Tetsuya Komuro made MAGIC here. :heart:

• Like 2

Icon, who cares if she sniffed some coke

jMvenP7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

Icon, who cares if she sniffed some coke

jMvenP7.png

mdma icon

jMvenP7.png

feelin emo today

• Like 1

Hoping for a collapse because she hasn't gagged me since forever

The title track was cute I suppose.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

It's not mentioned anywhere in English, but back in 1992 Akina had a scandal when she was photographed being drunk and consoled by a drag queen (who the GP assumed was her boyfriend or something). That might've derailed her career even more than the other incident. Still, kinda iconic.

9SGTnaf.gif

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Suilen said:

It's not mentioned anywhere in English, but back in 1992 Akina had a scandal when she was photographed being drunk and consoled by a drag queen (who the GP assumed was her boyfriend or something). That might've derailed her career even more than the other incident. Still, kinda iconic.

9SGTnaf.gif

This is so interesting! I've never heard about this. People always love to say her career was over in 1989, but she had some great success in 90-91. 92 was the beginning of the end and this kinda explains it a little bit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

This is so interesting! I've never heard about this. People always love to say her career was over in 1989, but she had some great success in 90-91. 92 was the beginning of the end and this kinda explains it a little bit.

She had a very successful dorama that year, but she couldn't capitalize on it due to the incident and label/management issues (my theory is that what happened in 1989 probably did have some long-term consequences, and she was seen as "problematic" hence the new label was reluctant to accept her, plus all that workplace loyalty stuff). She could use more years of success, but ultimately her legacy is in a very good place, and those scandals are pretty much forgotten. I also randomly looked up what people thought of the 1989 thing now, and they seemed sympathetic to her and dragged Seiko for pretending that she didn't know anything about that guy :eli:

• Like 1

I wanted to buy some more J-pop on vinyl, for collector reasons, but almost all of these avex girls have nothing released on that format. Ugh. Utada and Sheena supremacy I suppose.

9SGTnaf.gif

Also might **** around and launch that Ayu rate today if the server can behave for me.

• Like 1

I miss her soft angelic voice so much :weeps: She was "basic" but in such a charming way if that makes sense and I really feel like she didn't tap into her full potential just yet. Oh well. At least she left on a high note because Lei Aloha was a gorgeous album :heart2:

8 hours ago, Graves said:

I wanted to buy some more J-pop on vinyl, for collector reasons, but almost all of these avex girls have nothing released on that format. Ugh. Utada and Sheena supremacy I suppose.

9SGTnaf.gif

Also might **** around and launch that Ayu rate today if the server can behave for me.

You can buy an overpriced Kuu, Ami Suzuki, or hitomi single in November :emofish:

https://mobile.x.com/AvexMusic/status/1816760384814231734

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bad Decisions said:

I miss her soft angelic voice so much :weeps: She was "basic" but in such a charming way if that makes sense and I really feel like she didn't tap into her full potential just yet. Oh well. At least she left on a high note because Lei Aloha was a gorgeous album :heart2:

YES! She was a staple in my early J-pop days. "Simple As That", "Next to You", "See you...", "Love Story", and "Haruka" were on constant repeat in this household. There was something about her/her sound that set her apart from everything else being released at the time. I wish they'd put her stuff up on Spotify.

Edited by smyizm

On 8/2/2024 at 3:46 PM, Reginald said:

Here's another new video from Phantom Siita. They are really growing on me :clap:

ファントムシータ『魔性少女』OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

Not bad for her standards!

• Like 1

her visuals are almost always so good, and slaying like this while THAT pregnant, oh MOTHER :jonny6:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.